Yay, Finland

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can say it in redneckesee like Alabama talk, Should sound something like this.
    Viva La Finland Bubba.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

That's what they say regarding the Irish and their whiskey.

chelloveck, Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

eläköön suomi

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Viva Finlandia Vodka
    and the women, my god!!!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The Finns are a sturdy people well used to defending their nation in adverse conditions. I've always admired them.

6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

They look at their feet until they get to know you, then they look at your feet.

Zimmy, Seawolf1090, VisuTrac and 3 others like this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

They look like hobbit homes. ;)

9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

As I posted my mother in law is Finish when my wife's father died her mother later in life re connected with her first boy friend who is Finish spent their later yeas together. During the war he obtained a Nazi banner and a German Luftwaffe dagger --wife's mother gave them to me when Karl pasted as she knew i collected WWII rifles. Finns are tough people

Ura-Ki, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

They had to be...much the same as the Balts.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Like I said!

Meat, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Winston Churchill said, that the Celtic peoples, if they'd had more unity, might have dominated the British Isles rather than England. Thank GOD the English won out or we would all be speaking Irish or Scottish, and not getting anything done!

Seawolf1090, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I was in northern Minnesota in the Iron Range years ago on a work assignment. A lot of Finlanders there. Word had it the women were easy.
    Can't speak from personal experience, however.

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It was northern Minnesota; they were just bored and/or looking for a ticket out! Also, true of the UP and other third world areas!

15. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

There was a large population of Finns in Lantana FL in the 60's and 70's and 80's I meet my wife who was visiting her mom who lived there and I was going to college after my stint in the service. The Finns kept their houses and yards in excellent condition. As they were older homes built in the late 50's as the Finnish population aged the homes were sold off(cheap) to the in flux of Haitians. I drove through that area in the late 90's OMG what a shit hole they turned a once nice area into. One more reason this country is going to shit

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Tell all your friends that the UP is third world, please.

17. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It wasn't third world in Minnesota. But it was damn cold. I got on a jet in Tucson with a short sleeve shirt in February +68 degrees. Got off the jet in Duluth it was 33 below and the butthead Airline lost my luggage with my winter clothing in it. My contact loaned me his spare heavy jacket until the luggage showed up, 2 days later.
    Good people up on the Iron Range, if they're still there.

18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Lots of Finns in Minnesota and Michigan, it's like they all agreed to settle there:" rocks and swamps, crappy soil, mosquitoes bigger than pigeons, blackflies like crows, and nine months of frozen winter blackness! Just like home! To hell with golden California! " We had a number of Finnish families that settled in northwest Alabama about 140 years ago. The weather here is warmer, the soil is better, and the Russians aren't trying to draft you into the Czar's army!

19. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

"Haakkaa Paalle!" Old Finnish battle cry, it translates as "Hack them down!" In the old days the Finns fought for Norway, then Sweden and Czarist Russia. they were kinda like Ireland and Scotland, always fighting somebody else's wars and not their own. Finally, during the confusion of WWl and the Russian Revolution, they were able to declare their independence.

20. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Finland's economic imports and exports were heavily biased toward Russia by mutual agreement.

Now that Finland has NATO customers they should do very well economically. The Russian economy is going to take another kick while it is down.

I forget how Finland was supporting Russian tech. Chips and boards with basic tech imprinted like Malaysia does for China, maybe? I remember they were surprisingly key in some facet of that.

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7