WTH? Why are ammo prices still so high?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bandit99, Jun 29, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

UN is going to make it against international law to stock pile ammo. Talk is as little as 25 rounds of ammo is going to be a "stock pile". So chances are even if it's more than 25 rounds then the normal American amount of at least a few boxes of ammo for at least a few guns is definitely going to be a stockpile.
    If war breaks out in the US then any non military in the war zone with more than 25 rounds of ammo would be a war criminal.

The UN does not want to learn about war crimes from the US civilian population.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Doesn't matter what it costs, get it while you still can, because someday...

VisuTrac and techsar like this.
  4. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

The same inflation that is hitting us at the grocery store is hitting ammo mfg. Basic supplies cost more. Hopefully 5.56 will come down as the Army and Marines transition to their new caliber weapon, and 5.56 becomes excess. Might not see a decline on other calibers, although I'm seeing a lot more stuff in stores.

Bandit99, CraftyMofo and VisuTrac like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Hopefully, the United States Supreme Court will declare this treaty unconstitutional if it is ever ratified by the Senate!

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Here in North Idaho, no one seems to be following the ATF pistol brace ban and my guess damn near the entire population are now felons so.... So, concerning the UN and their silly-ass ammo stockpile regulations, - well - they can pound sand. I've no intention of even considering what they think or want. I am a free citizen of a free country so they can piss off!

gii shi kan dug and Brokor like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

IMHO, ammo prices are still high (along with most reloading components) because people are still buying at inflated prices and why reduce your revenue. Kinda like when gas prices first shot up and all the delivery companies added a "gas surcharge", well, most still have that "surcharge" because, well, it's pure profit for the company.
    Fortunately I'm still going through the cases of primers I bought more than 10 years ago when I worked at a local gun range and could buy them at cost. I could sell them now for a nice profit, but wont because I am using them.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  8. They can go outside and play hide and go F*ck themselves!

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7