Would you be willing to go to Mars in 2026

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jodirumph, Jul 6, 2020.

?
  1. Not going to another bleeping planet

56.0%
  2. 1 minute hey I'd be famous right?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 6 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 year

4.0%
  5. 3 years (with possible but unlikely self sustaining option)

16.0%
  6. Only if they figured out self-sustainable options

24.0%
  1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

hate to bust your bubble - but NASA ceased to exist yesterday - lucky if they get a big enough FED budget $$$ to pay the janitors ....

there won't be anymore R&D or space exploration - it stopped being a liberal thought back with JFK >>> it's either private or it's nothing .....

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

JFK by todays leftist demoRats standards (lack of standards) would have been run out of the party and branded a right wing radical racist. The spinoffs of NASA's research that were utilized in the private sector considerable that no one realizes. Just looked it up long long list.

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

NASA will become an frn dispensing agency. How that will work I don't know, but rest assured the federal finger will stay in the pudding.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We landed on Mar's yesterday,The Red planet

SB21 and johnbb like this.
  5. TommyJo

TommyJo Monkey

An interesting suggestion. Has NASA suddenly become the only space agency in the world? Or I don’t know something. European Space Agency, Japan, British, New Zealand, etc. There are also more and more private companies around the world. Now is a new time. Yes, government missions are still needed to develop agencies in the early stages. But these can be direct orders without intermediaries.

6. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

don't make me laugh - even the Ruskies couldn't afford to keep a planetary space program and the Chinese are using their ICBMs to blast robots off into space ....

all the so-called "space agencies" you mentioned - together - couldn't come up with enough $$$$ for a moon landing - much less a Mars program >>> get real already .

Man's re-entry into space exploration died with Biden - any $$$ that would have gone toward the sciences will now be spent on teaching some little ghetto rat that his entire problem in life is whitey .......

SB21 and TommyJo like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

With the way the democrats always take funding from NASA, we will quickly see China, India and others quickly outpace us into space. They don't waste money on ill-thoughtout unworkable social programs.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  8. TommyJo

TommyJo Monkey

You may be right. But I can dream that private companies (you know which ones) will be able to offer something interesting.
    On the other hand, they are private, to do what will bring profit, not fame.
    For new companies, the main thing is to be in demand.
    And the programs for landing on the Moon, Mars, etc. are definitely not profitable. From a commercial point of view, such missions are useless.
    So we will watch as space companies send satellites for the Internet, TV, then 6g and so on. Perhaps this will give humanity an understanding of what we should really do.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

It would probably take Mar's red diamonds laying around on the surface..or 9mm bullets?

TommyJo likes this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I still say send the Democrats out there ,, they're for sure trying their damndest to F'up this place.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. TommyJo

TommyJo Monkey

I read the news. At the moment, there are no high-profile cancellations or postponements of launches. But there is still no new leader. We'll see. There are now enough rich people who want to achieve a new era in the space sector.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We are seeing the beginnings of true space use, when Big Industry gets involved. This will drive further exploration, not just for "science", but for profit and raw materials. Keeping space for the military only has been severely limiting us. I am cheering Space-X and other private companies on.

oldawg and Merkun like this.
  13. TommyJo

TommyJo Monkey

There are quite a few private companies looking to join the space community. And some of them were not even created initially, like space companies. For example, Intuitive Machines. The company, which hopes to become the first privately owned company, has successfully landed on the moon. In October, they are set to send 2 radio-controlled racing moon rovers and many other payloads using their Nova-C module. C means a payload of 100 kg.
    And there are many similar examples in the modern world. I think interesting discoveries await us.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  14. TommyJo

TommyJo Monkey

I would like to add. Nowadays, any private space company can become rather a tool for lifting spirits of people around. Some SEO's of new companies says that one of the company's goals is to inspire people around.
    This is surprising.
    And the number of new companies also makes you think how much more space debris will we send?
    Will people continue to hinder each other in developing devices to remove it?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7