Why I hate environmentalists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oil pan 4, Dec 27, 2022.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I have no use for environmentalists back when it was the first earth day there was a cartoon called POGO and the caption was "we have met the enemy and it is us" I know population control is not a popular subject but the human population can't keep growing without having a detrimental effect on the environment. All the BS environmentalists push won't have any effect as long as the human population keeps growing.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

China’s population is now declining. Last week, officials announced that 2022 marked the first drop in total population in six decades, since the famine of the Great Leap Forward.

This long-expected event is the result of decades-long declines in Chinese fertility rates. Over the course of the 21st century, this will result in a steadily decreasing population. Current United Nations estimates show China’s total population falling by up to 100 or 200 million by 2050.

China’s demographic trajectory is far from unusual. It is following in the path set by the rest of East Asia. Japan’s population peaked in 2008 and has been steadily declining since, with total population now falling by roughly half a million per year. Taiwan tipped over into negative growth in 2020, South Korea in 2021.
    (China’s Population Decline Is Not Yet A Crisis. Beijing’s Response Could Make It One | Council on Foreign Relations (cfr.org))

US native born population rates is falling to the levels seen in Japan. US population would be seen in steep decline - except for massive illegal immigration. After all, someone needs to clean the rich botches McMansions.....

My BIL observed that the Mexicans used in Utah Ag operations were getting too expensive - so they started bringing in folks from Peru.

Result?
    Cops called to Peruvian soiree after melee - Millard County Chronicle Progress (millardccp.com)

200 drunken Peruvians in a giant fight ....in Delta Ut - pop 3600+..... Yeah.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Social security/retirement entitlements in a country tend to do this. Large families used to be a form of retirement that could be called upon when folks got older. Now that the state will take care of people, the large families aren't needed as much.

Not sure how it works in the countries DKR mentioned, but I'd wager that at least some of them have a system like social security.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7