Which Rights simply don't matter anymore?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by kellory, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

and ..... who will lead the charge? who will muster the revolutionary horde into troops fit to fight tyranny.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Whew! I went through the Constitution and the Bill of Rights this morning...

Overall I found them to be prioritized correctly in my opinion.
    I would keep the 1st Amendment where it is relative to the 2nd but I do understand the argument of the 2nd protecting all the Amendments.

I did find some that personally I would change but none that I would delete.

For example, under the Constitution
    Section 2, #2 "No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have...be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen." I would changed to "Inhabitant of that State for a minimum of five years..." And, Section 3, #3
    "No Person shall be a Senator ...be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen."
    Changed to "Inhabitant of that State for a minimum of seven years..."
    Stops political animals like HC and McCain from simply moving to a state to immediately pick up a Senatorship which they both did.

There are a few other ones I would change wording also in the Constitution...but not so important.

Bill or Rights - Amendments
    Article [II] (Amendment 2 - Bearing Arms)
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Should be change to simply "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Period.

Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)
    1: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
    Needs to be rework to something like, "All persons born in the United States require one parent being of American citizenship...are citizens of the United States" This is EXACTLY how it works overseas and it works well - meaning - if I have a child with a woman that is NOT an American citizen but she is my wife, I can go to the American Embassy declared the child is mine and the child will receive an American birth certificate and is an American citizen. It works like this in numerous countries also.

"Article XVI (Amendment 16 - Income Tax)
    "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."
    Needs to be reworked with more definitive 'sources derived' but more importantly limitation of the percentage of tax that can be taken.

Article [XIX] (Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage Rights)
    "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."
    This could be edited and replaced with a "sex, religious creed, or race..." or perhaps replaced with a new Amendment.

"Amendment XXII (Amendment 22 - Presidential Tenure)
    1: No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice..."
    I question the validity of this amendment since 'term limits' of Senators and Congressmen have been proven to be against the law. I believe Washington State's Senator Tom Foley took the people of the state to court when they voted for term limits and he won...and continued on for years.

kellory likes this.
  3. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Liberty and life. In the Declaration of Independence they put liberty first...but I am of the Patrick Henry school where death is preferable to slavery.

I don't use the Bill of Rights as a guide because the Bill of Rights doesn't grant rights..it merely attempts to enumerate and guarantee some of those unalienable human rights that fall under life and liberty. I don't include property or happiness because I believe they also fall under life and liberty.

Brokor, Bandit99 and kellory like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

1. The right to self determination and self defense. This includes possession of weapons, defines freedom and defends all other rights.
    2. The right to worship as I see fit, what I see fit and where I see fit. Again, this speaks to freedom.
    3. The right to voice my opinion no matter how inane and senseless it might be. Freedom again
    4.. The right to independently pursue the best life for myself and my family that I can provide.

All other rights are based upon and derived from those above, in my opinion.

5. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

If anybody changes the Bill of Rights, and only under this condition, it could be written in terms that modern stupidity can understand. The NEW 2nd amendment...

"Since the founding of this great nation from under the tyranny of the British crown, all citizens have a right and duty to protect themselves. This protection includes protection from boredom, protection from criminal elements, protection from starvation and protection from a tyrannical government. In order for all American citizens to protect themselves in this manner, they shall have the right to own as many firearms of whichever type they feel is necessary to help with their protection. The type can be single shot, semi-automatic or automatic. The capacity of the magazine, the color nor the attachments on the firearms will not be hindered. The carry of these firearms, whether concealed or openly carried, will not be hindered. This right can never be strangled or hampered by regulation, restrictive taxation or anybody's feelings on the matter.

Protection from Boredom allows that any American citizen can at their leisure, use firearms in sporting events such as target practice, plinking, skeet shooting, etc.

Protection from Starvation allows that hunters can search out game animals and take game animals for the feeding of American citizens.

Protection from Criminal Elements allows that all American citizens have the right to safety from those that would cause them bodily harm whether it be in the privacy of their home, the capacity of their vehicle, on their owned property or in a public setting.

Protection from Tyrannical Government allows that the American citizens have a right and a duty to act in the best interests of the country, the weaker and in the cause of freedom. If in such a case, the government becomes oppressive, out of control and does show that they do not have the best interests of the citizenry at heart, it is every citizens duty to eliminate this tyranny and bring the government back under the control of the American citizen.

These rights as explained shall not be infringed or stifled in any shape, form or fashion. These rights as explained are given by the Creator that all mankind shall be free."

Just my two cents.

bebop and kellory like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

By Samuel Adams

I. Natural Rights of the Colonists as Men.
    Among the natural rights of the Colonists are these: First, a right to life; Secondly, to liberty; Thirdly, to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can. These are evident branches of, rather than deductions from, the duty of self-preservation, commonly called the first law of nature.

All men have a right to remain in a state of nature as long as they please; and in case of intolerable oppression, civil or religious, to leave the society they belong to, and enter into another.

When men enter into society, it is by voluntary consent; and they have a right to demand and insist upon the performance of such conditions and previous limitations as form an equitable original compact.

Every natural right not expressly given up, or, from the nature of a social compact, necessarily ceded, remains.

All positive and civil laws should conform, as far as possible, to the law of natural reason and equity.

As neither reason requires nor religion permits the contrary, every man living in or out of a state of civil society has a right peaceably and quietly to worship God according to the dictates of his conscience.

“Just and true liberty, equal and impartial liberty,” in matters spiritual and temporal, is a thing that all men are clearly entitled to by the eternal and immutable laws of God and nature, as well as by the law of nations and all well-grounded municipal laws, which must have their foundation in the former.

In regard to religion, mutual toleration in the different professions thereof is what all good and candid minds in all ages have ever practised, and, both by precept and example, inculcated on mankind. And it is now generally agreed among Christians that this spirit of toleration, in the fullest extent consistent with the being of civil society, is the chief characteristical mark of the Church. Insomuch that Mr. Locke has asserted and proved, beyond the possibility of contradiction on any solid ground, that such toleration ought to be extended to all whose doctrines are not subversive of society. The only sects which he thinks ought to be, and which

by all wise laws are excluded from such toleration, are those who teach doctrines subversive of the civil government under which they live. The Roman Catholics or Papists are excluded by reason of such doctrines as these, that princes excommunicated may be deposed, and those that they call heretics may be destroyed without mercy; besides their recognizing the Pope in so absolute a manner, in subversion of government, by introducing, as far as possible into the states under whose protection they enjoy life, liberty, and property, that solecism in politics, imperium in imperio, leading directly to the worst anarchy and confusion, civil discord, war, and bloodshed.

The natural liberty of man, by entering into society, is abridged or restrained, so far only as is necessary for the great end of society, the best good of the whole.

In the state of nature every man is, under God, judge and sole judge of his own rights and of the injuries done him. By entering into society he agrees to an arbiter or indifferent judge between him and his neighbors; but he no more renounces his original right than by taking a cause out of the ordinary course of law, and leaving the decision to referees or indifferent arbitrators.

In the last case, he must pay the referees for time and trouble. He should also be willing to pay his just quota for the support of government, the law, and the constitution; the end of which is to furnish indifferent and impartial judges in all cases that may happen, whether civil, ecclesiastical, marine, or military.

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule.

In the state of nature men may, as the patriarchs did, employ hired servants for the defence of their lives, liberties, and property; and they should pay them reasonable wages. Government was instituted for the purposes of common defence, and those who hold the reins of government have an equitable, natural right to an honorable support from the same principle that “the laborer is worthy of his hire.” But then the same community which they serve ought to be the assessors of their pay. Governors have no right to seek and take what they please; by this, instead of being content with the station assigned them, that of honorable servants of the society, they would soon become absolute masters, despots, and tyrants. Hence, as a private man has a right to say what wages he will give in his private affairs, so has a community to determine what they will give and grant of their substance for the administration of public affairs. And, in both cases, more are ready to offer their service at the proposed and stipulated price than are able and willing to perform their duty.

In short, it is the greatest absurdity to suppose it in the power of one, or any number of men, at the entering into society, to renounce their essential natural rights, or the means of preserving those rights; when the grand end of civil government, from the very nature of its institution, is

for the support, protection, and defence of those very rights; the principal of which, as is before observed, are Life, Liberty, and Property. If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.

The Rights of the Colonists - Bill of Rights Institute

7. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Which rights?

1st Amend - the TV/radio/"news"papers had a 100% lock. Remember when Walter Cronkite said 'he only told the sheeple what he, and his masters, wanted the sheeple to know and no more' when asked how he reported the news. Of course if you go look, he was a communist party member too.and took his orders from... well I'll let you go look that one up, I get tired of being called names for pointing this stuff out. Think talk radio is any better? Listen to "Coast to Coast", they refuse to talk about ANY substantive issue and will cut the caller off with "We don't talk about - Obummer/2nd am/1amend/3 amend/4amend/police brutality/corrupt police/corrupt politicos/Jade Helm/Christianity (Casper cookies, ghosts, witches, extremely odd cults, aliens, UFOs are all OK however).

Think Rush or the other talk show hosts are going to tell you the truth either? You really need to pay more attention. NOTHING has changed as far as what you need a license for. If you need a license, they tell you what you can say, AND what you can't. That is why the powers that be want to get rid of the net, or control it. If it wasn't for cat videos they would ban it tomorrow but the sheeple would hunt them down.

You DO know about the "Silk Road" don't you? Try looking that up sometime for fun.

2nd Amend - everyone hates this except the sheeple. Look at the sheeple in EVERY state, they want MORE! Even Iowa was dragged kicking and screaming into the mid-1900s when they made silencers legal this year. Long way to go before it was like it was back in the 1950s Iowa when stuff was legal, but a start. ALL politicos in ALL states hate it. Hmmmm... wonder why?!

5th - if I hear Billary say "I plead the fifth/I don't remember/what's it matter anyway?" one more time I might.... Well I plead the 5th!

Brokor, bebop and Yard Dart like this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IMHO our FORM of Gov is possibly the best thus far put together by humanity...... and thinkin we should keep it....

if ya wanna fix it then I'm thinkin.... it's probably best to replace the PEOPLE/PARTIES that are currently running it?

Hopefully by voting.........

BTW has anyone else notice just how many of the current professional politicians for life are talkin bout moving to or joining a third party?

9. Legion489

Fix it by voting? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, wait, that was sarcasm wasn't it?

Look at the current election. Bernie won Iowa, they gave it to Hillary. Hillary has enough super delegates already so she can not lose even if Bernie wins every state.

Trump is hated by everyone but the voters. Jeb spent how many millions, and never got above 3% of the vote? Why are the other candidates still in if they have absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near third, or even fourth place (Trump has 1 and 2 locked up) with delegates? So they can force a caucus run off and throw it to Jeb who was promised the election.

Other party candidates? WHAT other candidates? Ever see a TV show with any of them? Oh, wait, TV, radio and "news"papers never reported there were any and never report on any. Wonder why?

Tell me again why we can vote our way out of this? If voting mattered, they wouldn't let the sheeple do it.

Brokor likes this.
  10. Legion489

For more on Demonrat voting practices, read this:

• [​IMG]
      Gov. won't swear-in state senator
    • Straight line demonrat party vote instead of what is best for state. The demonrats don't care, with either Bernie or Billary as prez we are SOL anyway so why sweat it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Please read the OP.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7