What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Mar 7, 2018.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Finish the bunker in under 6 months. Hire an already successful farmer at triple his current yearly income to set up an awesome food producing self sustaining market garden on my property. Thus fresh food fruit and vegies in excess to eat/sell/can. Ditto more or less with small livestock such as chicken, rabbits, goats, and fish. The latter two would be most difficult to do because I would be looking for new key tribe members at the same time.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Finish my boat, buy Arkansas, retire.

Ganado, VisuTrac, UncleMorgan and 4 others like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

if I had 1 Trillion FY2018 $

I would

A. buy the monkey new stuff n things

B. hook up a bunch of monkeys with new stuff n things

C. build personal bunkers fer a bunch of monkeys in their respective AOs

D. build gardens fer a bunch of monkeys in their respective AOs

E - Z [sayno] [sayno]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    enloopious, Ganado, Tempstar and 9 others like this.
  4. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I would move the entire Federal Government to Mars, then build a wall around California to keep the crazy's there.

5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Buy a lot of 4" PvC pipe and end caps. Insert Cash into pipes and seal. Auger out 6' deep holes and insert 4' lengths of pipe in each hole and forget about it. It would cause more problems than it is worth.......... Like explaining where it came from, taxes that would end up taking 50%+ of it. It would be ripe for civil forfeiture.

UncleMorgan and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

I'd, probably, start crying. (I really would!) Why? Because I'd realize that it's only 'dirty paper'; life isn't THAT kind; and the way this country is going, within the next few years, all that 'dirty paper' isn't going to be any good for anything except, perhaps, wallpapering your bathroom, or wiping your butt.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I won't live long enough to do everything needed for a forever bunker. Land is always a good thing to "own", or I might buy a college, fire all the lib profs, start a prep curriculum for the future preservation of our way of life, then secede and pull off a mouse that roared deal like the movie. No matter what, I'd tie a lot of that fortune up in hardware that would tend to hold value.

UncleMorgan, Yard Dart, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Buy an island, rifles, beans, bullets .Hire Ganado to hire pretty , non idiotic women to guard me. Ones that can gut a fish and drive a boat. And of course Ganado will need her entourage of handsome men.
    This for starters. :ROFLMAO:

UncleMorgan, Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  9. First thing I would do is talk to my attorney. Then I would walk into the governor's office and say " if you want me to keep this money in Iowa and build jobs, you will give me a department devoted to keeping DC's hands out of it." . Then I would buy Rita Crudwell's parole from Illinois, If she could embezzle that many millions of dollars from little Dixon Ill, I want her doing my taxes. I would have an explosive collar on her neck incase she starts getting creative with MY personal books. Then I would start small companies, hire the disabled and pay them a living wage. I would set up all my extended family (and some friends) in a private corporation. But keep at least 67% in my hands, I might start my own Bank, I'd make Colleen my XYL. I think I'd stay away from Waco and Ruby Ridge. Missouri (?), maybe. I like the idea of an underground bunker but Radon scares me. I don't think God would ever do this to me, there people they (I'm being pc here) know I might not be able to resist destroying. I would help any Illinois company that wanted to, to move to Iowa. Work to make Iowa the most firearm friendly state, and firearm manufacturing company friendly. Yeah, I loath Illinois. I think it would make a great national landfill or nuclear waste dump. At least that cancer on lake Michigan. Its moot, but fun to speculate.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Ganado and UncleMorgan like this.
  10. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

With a TRILLION dollars, I would buy an island that is in international waters, declare my island a sovereign country, arm myself with all the fun full auto toys, a few M1 Abrams, and an up to date air defense system. Then tell the rest
    of the world to kiss my AZZ!. That is what I would do if I had a trillion dollars.

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If I were awakened with a trillion dollars,,
    There are already hundreds if not thousands of things I've already had in mind I might attend to ,
    Survival related I think primarily either buy a town or build one unlike any thing that has ever been done, unconventional and practical, function over tradition.

UncleMorgan and Yard Dart like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I would buy some land and build my dream homestead including the attached greenhouse. I have my greenhouse all mentally planned and is quite impressive. Then I would buy new vehicle and probably give most of the money left away. I have found if you have $10, there is always someone who needs to borrow $5. So if you have none, no one bothers you.

Ganado, Witch Doctor 01, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  13. Has anyone read Heinlein's "Tunnel in the sky"? I think its regarded as one of his juveniles. The idea Ghrit posted about a college to teach prepping/survival skills is actually very good. When those in control finally decide to go, there will be a great need for people to blazon the trails to and on other planets. To lead the colonists that go. To lead the colonies. Who else would be better suited for that task.

UncleMorgan, Yard Dart and Zimmy like this.
  14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

That's very similar to what I was thinking.

Two main curriculums:

First: A sort of uber-tradesman with base skills and certs of a millwright, welder, electrician, instrumentation/controls, machinist, and carpenter.

Second: Primitive skills and urban/rural survival skills and a general overview of these topics somewhat like folks at The Human Path school is trying to do.

And I would buy the farmland around me for about 1 mile and privatize the road to my Redoubt.

Ganado and UncleMorgan like this.
  15. On the right track I think, but you're thinking too small. Only a mile look at what you have to work with. Farm land isn't that expensive. Buy at least 100 square miles, maybe more. You need a working knowledge of all that, How long do you think the schooling would take? This looks like a four semester year for eight to ten years. And these graduates also need to be teachers to pass on the knowledge to younger generations after arrival. I like the name "Human Path" a lot.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  16. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I would out-bid everyone else, buy a lot of politicians and Supreme Court judges and have the entire United States Constitution reinstated, including the Honor Amendment. I'd also have each Amendment officially reinterpreted to apply exactly as they were originally meant to.

Then I'd sponsor legislation that made it VERY attractive for every residence in the US to be taken off the grid and put on solar energy at 4X the expected draw.

At the same time, legislation would be sponsored to make it VERY attractive for the power companies to trim the Grid down to only commercial distribution, until such time as every industry could also be made energy independent.

Shortly thereafter, the Nuclear power plants would start closing for lack of energy buyers. (A side benefit!)

Constitution repaired=universal open and concealed carry, the revival of social and personal responsibility, the end of Federal tyranny (for now), plus a quick (and healthy) culling of the herd. (Bye-bye bad genes! Hello, Darwin!)

No National Power Grid=No problems with grid failure, accidental or otherwise.

Energy self-sufficiency= Economic freedom, more investment in the production of hard goods and services, a better economy and a better lifestyle for all.

Nuclear energy phased out= No more Fukushimas. Accidental of otherwise.

Then I'd spend a million or so bringing the proven technologies for deactivating nuclear waste into full commercial application. I'd form a company to clean up Fukushima and let the Japanese government pay me (indirectly) a few billion dollars to do it. Then I'd clean up a few more hot spots at home and abroad.

Fukushima fixed= Delayed extinction of the human race.

After the larger survival issues were being dealt with, I'd commission the construction of a 300 square mile artificial island (a la The Fata Morgana by Leo Frankowski). I'd people it with people that were actually people, and cruise it around the Pacific Ocean on a non-stop scenic tour.

(Hey--given enough fusion engines, you get anything up on the step!)

Then, with the few trillion dollars remaining, I'd indulge in recreation, education, and the furtherance of my various hobbies.

Including my anti-gravity research. I've always wanted a flying island.

Ganado, SB21, Motomom34 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Probably 3-4 years for the tradesman. My goal is to make a young person into the perfect new hire for most industrial facilities or contractors. I don't expect the graduate to be an expert in every field......just good at it and well rounded. Internships in the power generation, food production, or oil patch can do that. At least make them know what to run to and what to run from on a job site AND be productive right out of the gate.

The Prepper Course would involve a lot of hands-on training. Probably a lot of travel from field trips (trade labor for knowledge) to doing mission trip type work with inferior tech and materials in crappy places.

I will oversee all this from my Palanquin borne up by strapping eastern European beauties.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  18. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Keep on farming until it was all gone...............

Ganado, oldawg, Tempstar and 5 others like this.
  19. TnAndy..YOU grew up on a farm. I did too. must be something genetic.

Ganado likes this.
  20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I think that would be enough to buy Isle Royale, set up a huge a$$ solar array and wind generator, stock it generously, clear some areas for agriculture, place a ring of sonic bouys. install a aerial and marine radar mesh and hook them to a few surface to air and Surface to Ship missile batteries and a phalanx gun, small landing strip for my friends. There would still be money left over for a big fishing boat setup for catching lakers and salmon, helicopter, twin engine and the most awesome sauna ever.

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. ED GEiN
  2. ED GEiN
  3. ED GEiN
  4. john316
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. ED GEiN
  9. HK_User
  10. DarkLight
  11. Motomom34