What If? A MOVEMENT TO ELIMINATE HUNGER IN THE USA

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Gopherman, May 15, 2014.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There have been MANY Federal Programs for doing this, since the FDR Days, (that is 90+ Years) and it hasn't worked, YET.... What makes ANYONE think, that the FEDs can make this work, in the Future? "Stupid is, as Stupid does"....

2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I didn't read anything about government in this thread except from you, this thread was about something else. Do you need the eye doc again?

And the point isn't to feed into the nuclear feelings on this site about 'the world is going to hell in an hand basket' the point was that there ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING SOMETHING AND NOT DEPENDING ON GOVERNMENT! and they don't sit on the internet and complain about the world going to hell in a hand basket.

Motomom34, chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am glad to see other s encouraging people to grow food in the woods .

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image. The Federal Government has no desire to provide food independence for its citizens, quite the contrary. They are adding daily to the number of people dependent on government for their very substance.

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

And all need to work for food & shelter ALL !!
    Start with a real schoolin .

Ganado and ghrit like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Hence Chemtrails , It was wild today , just a cluster of streaks , harvest was down 30Kw , normal is 95Kw

7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Cruisin Sloth exactly! that is what will Allen does. He teaches people and whole communities to fish... or rather grow food.

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I see this as a more viable private property endeavor or possibly roadside in certain parts of he country but definitely not in my state. They routinely spray chemicals weed retardant along public roads here, town and state, as well as pre-ice road chemicals that leach into the abutting soil.

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

....with the permission of the land owner. If not, you are violating his Rights for your gain.

10. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was thinking your own private property, not others. Someone starts populating my land with plantlife and I would be more than annoyed. In addition to adding possibly unwanted plantlife to my property, they would want to harvest it. That's all I need, people wandering through my private property. I have enough trouble with unauthorized hunters

HK_User and kellory like this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Exactly. And yet that is what this Guerilla gardening is all about.

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Where I lived in Oklahoma I bought an old farmhouse one time and found that the old farmer, who had come out of the great depression had planted all kinds of edible plants along the fence lines. I found this was a common practice after the depression. Also windbreaks that were planted after the dust bowl days. Rows of trees to block the wind. Many farmers planted fruit trees and got a double use out of them.

Gopherman and kellory like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I loved this idea when @Gopherman introduced it in 2014. The responses were not very supportive then and once again, same old thing. I see a good decent person wanting to feed the world, stop hunger, throwing an idea out there. I liked this post then and I still do. I am with you g-man.

Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  14. RightHand

I don't think its a bad idea just cautious of the chemicals spread by the government and not on my property! I'll do that myself to share with family and friends

Ganado likes this.
  15. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

It's been years since I posted this thread, I have done little things along the way. I throw veggie and fruit seeds out the window from time to time, But every time I'm driving along the roads I can't stop myself from thinking about it. What if just one in a hundred of these useless wild trees produced something?My daughter is going nut's, cause I say it all the time.
    Funny thing is Kudzu is a scourge, yet it grows completely unchecked, killing acres and acres of everything in its way. But you can eat it.
    I think Passion fruit vines would be better, or rasberry, Watermellon, ..... why not? These wild trees don't produce anything other than O2 (all plants produce this) and a mess to be cleaned and trimmed off the power lines.
    I've been doing fig cuttings, lots of them.[peep] Muahahaha!!!

1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 12, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Coconuts

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 3, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    My first oranges are turning orange!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 19, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Avocadoes

9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Lemon_Guavas

I always plant flowers close to my fruit trees.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    Guava season is here!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
    Media

Lychee

The BEST Kind of Gains!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
    Media

Bananas

It's Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Motomom34
  17. Ganado
  18. Motomom34
  19. TnAndy
  20. Asia-Off-Grid
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7