What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was Day #2 of the Summertime Fine program. Yesterday was a total body day and today was upper body. Even though the workouts are just half an hour, they are still really challenging and good. It's nice to have more time and energy throughout the day.
    I kind of worry that my progress will stall since my workouts have been so long these last two months. I'm trying to put that mindset behind me and worry less about it.

Zimmy and Meat like this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was a 40 minute leg day and tomorrow will be an active rest day!

3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good job.

Alanaana likes this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

51 pounds down and doing about the same routine.

I'm going to try infrared and traditional saunas next week and figure that into the routine in some form.

I am taking a class from Hillsdale College. "Introduction to Western Philosophy" has been my reading material for the last couple of weeks.

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Great job! I always feel so inspired when I read about your progress and the fact that your consistently working towards your goals. I built a far infrared sauna in my first house and loved it. It was a nice place to squeeze in some meditation (otherwise, it's challenging for me to sit still.)
    Your college class sounds really interesting. I was reading writings by Seneca a little while ago.

Meat likes this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

As much as I hate to admit it, depression is creeping in a bit and I'm trying not to let it get me down.
    *Still fantasizing about buying a plot of land (at a higher elevation = cooler weather), designing the landscape, building a yurt, and going off grid *

Meat, CraftyMofo and Zimmy like this.
  7. Zimmy

It seems to be the season for bad vibes. I'm not the depressed type. I'm the seething indignant fury type and the micro and macro things in my life seem to be plotting against me. [angelsad]

I just keep plodding along and trying to do the right thing. Storms all pass, even the ones on the inside.

Alanaana, Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The mental game is way tougher than the rest, at least for me.

Zimmy, Alanaana and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Zimmy Thank you for this reminder. I love what you said about storms passing.

Zimmy likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Same here! My mind plays all kinds of weird tricks. Stubborn as hell too. Lol. I'll keep going. Woke up feeling better today. Hope you'll have a great week!

Meat likes this.
  11. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today I did a total body workout and it felt challenging and good. Did my daily dancing and will stretch before bed.
    Currently reading:
    • "Starling House" by Alix Harrow It's a Gothic / Horror/ Fantasy / Romance. A little slow in the beginning, but starting to pick up a bit. Eden, Kentucky, is just another dying, bad-luck town, known only for the legend of E. Starling, the reclusive nineteenth-century author and illustrator who wrote The Underland--and disappeared. Before she vanished, Starling House appeared. But everyone agrees that it’s best to let the uncanny house―and its last lonely heir, Arthur Starling―go to rot.

Opal knows better than to mess with haunted houses or brooding men, but an unexpected job offer might be a chance to get her brother out of Eden. Too quickly, though, Starling House starts to feel dangerously like something she’s never had: a home.

As sinister forces converge on Starling House, Opal and Arthur are going to have to make a dire to dig up the buried secrets of the past and confront their own fears, or let Eden be taken over by literal nightmares.

If Opal wants a home, she’ll have to fight for it.
    • Practical Yurts: Building and Living in a Low Cost Alternative Structure by Steven Hatch I wanted a little fuel for my off-grid fantasy life so I started reading this and it's pretty good. The circumstances were a bummer, but it sounds like he made the best of it and overcame much adversity to get there.

12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I got new running shoes! You don’t realize how bad the old shoes are until…Other than that nothing new to report, same ole routine. Work interfered with class twice this week already which bums me out, hopefully Thursday and Friday are quiet. I’ve pondered posting some subs for the group if anyone is interested. Many are easy to learn and dynamite for a street fight if necessary. :D

Alanaana likes this.
  13. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat It's exciting that you got new running shoes! What color did you get? It makes a huge difference. Hope work will settle down and you'll be able to get to class again. Would love to see / learn some subs!

Meat likes this.
  14. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today is leg day and I'm looking forward to it. I started doing a little hooping because it's good for core and floor work. I didn't jump rope very much beyond the first two weeks because the ground here is so uneven. Maybe eventually, I'll adjust my rope for my height and get a mat to lessen the impact. Hopping on gravel / mud can get sticky. I finally started stretching before bed and it's really helping me recover better.

Meat likes this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

No calls, I made it finally! The boy and I had a good roll amongst a few others. I will post a few basic submissions that anyone can learn. I learned at least half of my skills on YouTube. Lol.
    https://m.youtube.com/shorts/eG-jEW2XNr4

Alanaana likes this.
  16. Zimmy

45 minutes in the 150 degree sauna made me want to proactively go to church. That was miserable. [reddevil]

The ice bath wasn't a big deal. They said attempt at least 3-5 minutes. I just stayed in there for the whole 15 minutes. I eventually warmed up the water [roflmao]. I guess I've been cold and wet enough times that I just settled in.

I did feel really good after the process. My skin no longer looked like someone had shaved an old wild Billy goat. I was much closer to an old leather couch in texture.

Meat and Alanaana like this.
  17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Zimmy Wow! You are advanced when it comes to hot and cold therapy. I don't think I ever stayed in for 45 minutes and 15 minutes is a really long time in the cold too. Great job! Move gently from space to space.
    There are so many benefits to both heat and cold. I spent a summer working at a cryospa in Maine as a technician. I don't think they really had the climate for cold therapy like that since it's already cold, but it did help me kick of my fitness journey.

Meat and Zimmy like this.
  18. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Yay! It's great that you made it to class. Thanks for posting this.

Meat likes this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Now that the rain has settled down, I can spend more time outside again!
    Wanted to share my hooping progress:

My inversions are getting better. Now I want to work on softer landings and better core control.

Meat, Brokor and Zimmy like this.
  20. Zimmy

I wasn't supposed to stay in there the whole time?? Well, shit. I felt like a candy-ass because I didn't turn the heat up (as implied).

You'd think the fluffy little boy at the front desk might have mentioned that.

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7