What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Workouts are going really well. Today was an upper body workout. I have a lot more energy now that the weather is cooler. Hope you are all doing well!

Meat likes this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

My routine was broken up due to a storm and then a cold. My plan is to get back on track tonight!

Alanaana likes this.
  3. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat I hope everything's okay. Hope you'll feel better soon. Get lots of rest!

Meat likes this.
  4. NEPrepper

NEPrepper Monkey

rucking and lifting

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

What a solid and functional workout! Doesn't get better than that!

NEPrepper and Meat like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Thanks. I started back slowly tonight. Probably skip Jiu Jitsu one more day, return Friday. I hate getting out of routines with my brain as it is. Hopefully it’ll be normal next week.

Alanaana likes this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Hope your feeling better everyday. It's the holiday season and I think it's very typical for routines to get disrupted right around now. Just 1.5 months left in this year!

Meat likes this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was rest day. I went for a walk and listened to a podcast (my new favorite thing.) Hula hooped in the afternoon and just started learning some new dance choreo.

Last week I read:

• "It" by Stephen King. I think it was the longest book that I've read this year and just the right amount of creepy. Note to self: if I see a random clown I'm going to avert my eyes and walk the other way. If the clown has no Shadow... RUN!
    • "Two Nights in Lisbon" by Chris Pavone. This was a very suspenseful page turner. A mystery that o recommend.
    • "Bad Cree" by Jessica John's. According to my digital library, November is Native American History month. This was an indigenous horror mystery about dreams and nightmares.
    • "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. I haven't read this since high school and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Such a classic!
    I'm currently reading:

• "Forever Strong: A new Science-Based Strategy for Aging Well" by Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. She is an Osteopath that I have been following for a few years now. I just listened to her latest podcast episode on Mindpump and it inspired me to continue on this path of building muscle.
    • "A Fever in the Heartland: The Ku Klux Klan's Plot to take over America, and the woman who stopped them" by Timothy Egan.
    What are you reading or listening to?

Meat likes this.
  9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

This morning during my walk, some wild pigs crossed my path and were too close for comfort so I cut my walk short. I think I need to get a cage trap because the snaring works, but I can't really keep up with the population here. I have at least 4 regular visitors that I see on a regular basis.

I did a solid upper body and core workout and learned a full dance choreography. Also did some Hula hooping. During the evening walk I tripped and fell pretty hard on the lava, but am thankfully fine other than my pride feeling a little bruised.

The meat department at our grocery store went on strike on the 8th and have been super noisy in front of the store. These are challenging times for everyone... I guess I can't complain because I have a fresh supply of meat that literally walks up to my doorstep. Lol. I got harassed by a creepy dude who was trying to block the entryway of the store. Thankfully, I was able to be polite and rush to my car without incident, but we found out the next day that he was one of the picketers who got fired from the meat department for sexual harassment and after I encountered him, he headed over to the grocery store and sexually harassed someone in the parking lot there then got arrested.

I should probably brush up on self defense again. I'm so little... 4'11"

Meat and Brokor like this.
  10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I've been keeping things simple lately. Eggs, meat, cheese, sour cream, bacon, and even some rye bread. Lost quite a bit of weight, a little carbs now and then isn't terrible. Tea, coffee, water, and the only "sweetener" is Stevia/Splenda. No sugar cravings any more, but if I feel like a bit of sweetness, I just make some hot cocoa with unsweetened baking cocoa, Stevia, and water with a bit of heavy whipping cream. Not bad.
    Be like water -Bruce Lee :cool:

11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Pepper-spray everywhere you go would be my recommendation if you don’t carry it already. You’ll be 6’5” at least!

Alanaana likes this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Brokor that sounds like such a great menu and delicious too! Keep doing what you're doing because it sounds like it's working really well. Thanks again for sharing your tips and tricks. I'm down about 25 lbs since I started. Still have more to lose so I'll keep going.

Meat and Brokor like this.
  13. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat I usually do carry pepper spray always, but it was the one time that I didn't. It was early evening and I was just running in to grab jugs of water. Go figure. The cashier kept calling security and management up there because he was acting so weird, but they didn't do anything. I could tell that they were reluctant and uncomfortable too. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to get past him (wishing I had my spray) and then he was whistling and following me. I'll never forget my spray again. I'm usually not one to complain about this kind of thing. It was a good reminder for me to be more vigilant.

Meat likes this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good girl. Spray his dumba$$ next time and run.

Alanaana likes this.
  15. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Leg day is done! I'm ready for rest day tomorrow!

Meat likes this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Back in business! Huge class for 5AM. I got choked out by a MMA fighter that happens to be a lineman too, great fun. The boy and my SIL both attended and choked each other out, one apiece. The boy mauled me but no tap. :D

Alanaana likes this.
  17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm still so impressed by 5AM classes. How many people show up that early? Sounds like it was a fun and intense class!

Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  18. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! Yesterday was a total body workout and it looks like today will be upper body. I'm feeling good, but also sore from these workouts.
    Did I mention that I decided to revise my reading goal for the year? I'll be happy if I finish 100 books this year. Last year I read 131 and I'm trying to figure out how I was able to keep up the brisk pace and then I remembered that I got stitches in my leg last October and that gave me plenty of time to read. This year I have been a lot more active with less down time.

Last week I read:
    • "A Fever In the Heartland" by Timothy Egan. It is very well-written and talks about the second rise of the KKK. I learned about how the "Fighting Irish" got their name and am amazed that these events really happened. You can tell that he thoroughly researched this topic.
    • "The Lover" by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. This is a juicy little short story written by the Author of "The Mexican Gothic." I like the way that she developed the characters in such a short span of time. It is fantasy, a little romance, a little scandal, and a werewolf.
    • "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald I think I'm on a 20's kick right now.
    Currently Reading:
    • "Forever Strong" by Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. I'm reading this one slowly. I feel very encouraged to continue eating quality protein sources and building muscle.
    • "The Book of Five Rings" by Miyamoto Musashi.
    • "The Trackers" by Charles Frazier This is a Western, Historical Fiction Mystery set in the later Great Depression era. I already love it. It's the first book that I've read that talks about Lander, Wyoming and the Wind River Mountain Range. I lived in Lander for a year, Studied Equine Studies in Riverton, and spent outdoor school in the Winds. I also really enjoy the fact that he traveled to Washington State (where I grew up). I highly recommend this one!
    • "Counting the Cost" by Jill Duggar I never watched TLC's show "19 Kids and Counting," but I did grow up around lots of traditional families with big, beautiful families. I've been able to fill in the blanks with the help of Google and I'm impressed with how organized their pantry is. I'm enjoying Jill's narrative.
    Every year (usually the last few days of the year) I like to take inventory, make sure that my supplies are up to date and organized, let go of the things that I don't need to create space for more. I think I'm going to start this process earlier this year. I hope you are all doing well and taking good care of yourselves.

Meat likes this.
  19. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Incredible reading goals! You are my hero!

20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Recently we’ve had up to 14. The 5AM start is brilliant because pretty much the only excuse is sleep. Not valid, lol.

Alanaana likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7