What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

IMG_1851. My eyes were closed, probably tired. Lol.

Alanaana likes this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat congratulations on your blue belt! All your hard work is paying off. You look good and happy!

Meat likes this.
  3. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I did 1.5 hrs of dancing followed by a 40 minute leg workout! I really appreciate the way that dancing is helping me to connect with my spine and realize the importance of spinal health. I appreciate it more than ever.
    I think it's going to be an eggs and bacon kind of dinner tonight!

Meat likes this.
  4. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

20231022_141117. Today is rest day and I'm doing laundry, working on my fall foraging guide, making a fresh batch of hot sauce, and I should probably mow. 86 is too hot. It's a good day for ribeyes. Hope you are all having a good Sunday!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    Meat likes this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Thanks. It’s awesome having my boy in class now and SIL has returned from hiatus. (New daughter) Both are wrecking machines that I try try to keep up with. Not easy. Lol.

Alanaana likes this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat it's so awesome that your family has joined you! You sound like a real dream team especially waking up so early!

Meat likes this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Yesterday was a total body workout and today will be upper body and abs.
    My social media is gone for good and my passport arrived yesterday! We spent the morning purging and doing dump runs. It feels good to let things go!

Meat likes this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was a lower body workout and hip mobility. My renter got the keys to her new house and is moving. Everything is becoming more real. I feel a little overwhelmed, but also excited. Right now our lives are comfortable (we worked really hard to get here.) I feel very thankful and we could just stay here indefinitely if we want to... but we have also talked about traveling and this seems like a good time to do it. I feel like there's a lot to do and I'm thankful that we haven't accumulated a mountain of things these last 4 years, but there are still loose ends to tie.

I haven't had a chance to read and answer the travel thread yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Bf and I got our backpacks tonight.

All I want to do is sit around and read "It" by Stephen King. It's really good. Lol. I'm currently on page 406/ 1168. It's a long one and I'm so glad because I think I'd be sad if it ended any sooner.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    Meat likes this.
  9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I'm so glad that today is rest day. Sore from yesterday's leg workout. I need to figure out what to do with memorabilia like hand written letters. I don't want to put things in storage if I can help it. I'm trying not to feel too overwhelmed.

Meat likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Yesterday was upper body and core and today will be a 45 minute leg day! I've honestly been dragging my feet on things. Today I'll make some serious progress with getting rid of things.

Meat likes this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Nothing exciting to report but, still going. The boy tapped me the other day with a crazy shoulder lock, he’s not even sure what he did. He missed today but his Pops didn’t.

Alanaana likes this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat it's so great that you're training together! Those locks and pins are brutal! And often, beginners are unaware of their strength. Keep doing what you're doing! Steady and consistent is the way to go!

Meat likes this.
  13. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today I did a total body workout and felt strong. I didn't reach my article writing goal this week because I've been a bit preoccupied, but I'll try again this week. Not much dancing or yoga happening these days, but I'm still solid with strength training and the daily walks.

Meat likes this.
  14. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was full of paperwork. Everything is coming together nicely. I think it's supposed to be an upper body and core workout day.

Meat likes this.
  15. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today's workout is done! I'm not gonna lie. This has been a stressful week and my energy levels haven't been as high as they usually are. I'm really trying to find that space between honoring the need to rest, but also not becoming lazy and complacent.

After landlording for a solid 8+ years, my last renter moved out today and I think we're going to take a rest from finding tenants. I still have the Maine renters, but they take good care of that place so I can hands off it.

I think that stress and lack of rest does make it harder to shed fat and I still have some fluff around my waist that I want to shed. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weekly (self imposed) weigh in and measurement day, but I'm still going to do it to hold myself accountable.

Meat likes this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The number lies sometimes. Don’t worry too much.

Zimmy and Alanaana like this.
  17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you for saying this. I still let numbers affect how I feel too much. Have a great day today!

Meat likes this.
  18. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I didn't gain this week so that's good! I decided to ask my doctor for her opinion on nutrition and the keto lifestyle. Her response is on the top and my question is at the bottom.

This was very encouraging and I'm going to stay the course. Thank you so much, everyone, for keeping me inspired and accountable!
    Screenshot_20231101_134447_Chrome.

Meat likes this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Yesterday was rest day and today was upper body! We are in the middle of a drought and the weather hasn't cooled off yet so my workouts have been happening in the evenings when it's cooler. I felt a little tired today, but got it done! After that I danced for 50 minutes.

Meat likes this.
  20. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I missed you guys during the outage. I'm glad that the SSL cert stuff got renewed. I had to do that myself.

I'm still doing strength training 5 times a week with 2 rest days. I started adding a 1 mile walk in the morning while I drink my 1st coffee. This week I started hooping again and now that my renter has moved to her new house, I can hoop in the empty house where there's more space.
    Hope you are all doing well!

Meat likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7