What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Wildbilly I'm so glad that you're feeling better. Head colds and anything sinus related are the worst. I hate how they make me feel so disconnected and unmotivated. Great job on getting back into it! 3 visits in and you're already a regular!

Meat likes this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Great job on getting back to it! Gotta love those holiday / weekend warriors. I hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend!

Meat likes this.
  3. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend and if you had to work, thank you for the work that you do! I live in a place where they still do DUI Roadblocks / checkpoints. I was kind of shocked the first time it happened last summer because I've never lived in a place where they do this regularly, but I understand why they do it because people here are crazy drivers. Last week I got rear-ended right in front of the police / fire station and the people refused to stop. I followed them safely and they went into oncoming traffic 6 times to try to escape. Before long they made a cloud of smoke and all I had to do was follow the cloud of smoke. After awhile, I decided that they would probably not have a very operable vehicle so I let it go...
    Guess who I saw broken down on the side of the road two days ago? I'm thankful that I'm okay and my vehicle is mostly okay.
    I took it easy over the weekend and spent lots of time in the gardens. Today I'm excited about starting a new workout program for the month of September. I love Sydney's workouts because they're free and she mixes things up so the workouts are never boring. This is what I'm going to do today:

Meat likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Especially, when the temperature is bumping 100 with high humidity!

Meat and Alanaana like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

That sounds pretty darn awful. This summer the heat really got to me and zapped me of my energy and motivation, but it didn't get that hot with that level of humidity. I hope that you are starting to get some cooler weather now. I am more than ready for the cooler fall season to begin!

Meat likes this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It's the South, we always have high humidity regardless of the season. In the winter when the daytime temps. are in the 40s and the humidity makes it feel like you are wearing damp cloths, especially your socks. Our weather is not for the weak, or Yankees!

Zimmy, Meat and Alanaana like this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today is leg day! I also want to weed out the citrus grove and add more soil and weed the little pepper garden by the other house. One of my norfolk pines dropped what I think is supposed to be a pinecone and it looks freakishly dangerous. Like a weapon. How are you moving today?

Meat likes this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Same. Boring but, not on my end. Lol.

Alanaana likes this.
  9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Nothing wrong with boring! I admire your consistency.

Meat likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was upper body / cardio. I felt strong! Afterwards I practiced bellydancing for over an hour and finished the beginner's course I was working on. Now it's time to learn some fundamentals. 3.5 mile walk this evening and I hope to practice some yoga before bed.
    I take my weight and measurements once a week on Wednesdays and this week my weight stayed the same, but I lost 1 inch. Overall, I feel good! Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

I'm reading "Lord of the Flies" and I love it so far. Especially the fact that they are hunting pigs on an island!

CraftyMofo and Meat like this.
  11. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

'Tis the season for a monthly headache... Thankfully, it's rest day. I practiced some dancing inside and outside and just took an advil. I plan on making some fresh Hawaiian Chili, Jalapeño, beet, hot sauce to go with my Ribeye and brussel sprouts. The sauce turns out pretty well even when it's not fermented. I haven't been patient enough to wait, but I'll start one of those batches soon.

Meat likes this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I don't have a lot of energy, but I do have a legs and abs workout to do so I'll go ahead and do that before I have a chance to talk myself out of it. Happy Friday!

Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  13. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Happy Saturday! I got the Kula Gardenia of my dreams for my birthday this year and after a week of figuring out the best spot, I think it's time to plant! This is going to be a workout so I figured I would count it. It's also an upper body workout day and I want to do some chainsawing around the property. How are you moving today?

This is what kula gardenias look like. My hen, Benelli, was posing with my neighbor's tree.

Meat likes this.
  14. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! Yesterday was a lower body and core day and it honestly felt easy. I think it's time for me to add more weight and make sure that I'm challenging myself. I think that today is a total body tabata workout. How are you moving today?

Meat likes this.
  15. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Today was my weekly measurement day and it may or may not have been accurate because I went to town for coffee and breakfast first. I gained 1.2 lbs and lost 4 inches. Overall, I feel thankful for this journey and am going to keep going.
    Today is an upper body workout day. I would like to improve the quality of my sleep because I'm still staying up to 3 am to read. I love reading Stephen King in the fall and I'm currently reading "Later." At some point I'll sit at my computer and write more about the books I've read.

How are your workouts and habits these days? What are you proud of and what would you like to work on?

Meat likes this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I’m running what we used to call “grinders” when I played basketball, a form of torture. Lol. Just mixing it up a bit so I can shed 10 pounds for an upcoming tournament. Much better to be under 208 (208 is high end of bracket) instead of over.

Alanaana likes this.
  17. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

You wrote a very good piece on preparedness!

Meat and Alanaana like this.
  18. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you very much for reading it! I'm really trying to improve my writing and help people.

Meat likes this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I swear, basketball has all kinds of torturous sounding drills. It's awesome that you're grinding it out. It will pay off. When is your tournament? You got this!

Meat likes this.
  20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Agreed, her writing skills are top-notch.

Alanaana and Zimmy like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7