What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good job.

Alanaana likes this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Meat likes this.
  3. Radio

Radio Drain the Swamp

I voted "Farm Chores" because that's what closely relates to where we're at. During the plandemic, I wasn't an essential worker, but I was able to stay busy, so wife and I sort of dropped off the exercise radar (I gained 55 lbs. and don't tell her I told you, but she gained 35 lbs.). She had a total knee replacement last Thursday and is recovering quite well considering. We hope to get back on the train as soon as she is 80% or better.

Before the plandemic, we use to go everywhere. We ate relatively healthy and just tried to enjoy life. We couldn't go hiking anymore to all the state and national parks and just sat at home (when we weren't working). We're both geared up and ready to start eating healthy and taking care of ourselves. That's why I am looking forward to purchasing some land up in the Idaho panhandle and getting our lives back on track. Indeed, I'm throwing all our eggs in that basket within 2 years.

Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm 65 years old and I have no illusions about getting back into my prime, that was 35+ years ago. I'm just looking to improve my health and fitness so that I can continue working and enjoying life the best that I can and live the years that I have left. I'm reminded of that poster that said, "Getting isn't for Sissies" or something like that!

Radio, Meat and Alanaana like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I think that Farm Chores are a significant workout! Plandemic, I love that. It's the first time I've heard it. I hope that you're wife will feel better and have a smooth and total recovery. A total knee replacement is big.
    I also feel like the plandemic changed a lot of things for me. I'm thankful that my property kept me busy, but my partner and I also gained some weight. It really caused me to withdraw and go out as little as possible. I usually enjoy getting involved in the community and exploring a lot more, but I really haven't done much of that at all in the last 3 years. We still go for walks at night by the ocean when there's nobody around.
    It sounds like you both have a good plan. Idaho is very beautiful. I keeping you both in my thoughts in prayers. Thanks for sharing!

Radio and Meat like this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

These are amazing goals! It's true, things change with time. I'm feeling it too, but we gotta work what we got. I think it would be a waste to spend time feeling miserable. I like your quote too. I'm going to remember that!

Radio and Meat like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good thread that keeps rolling along. Nothing new for me to report on but…Work gets in the way occasionally but my routine mostly remains.

Alanaana and Radio like this.
  8. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Walking and Biking.

Each of the Last 2 years I did 3000+ and 2000+ biking miles.

Lost 50+ lbs due to non vax going into 2020 - 2021.

I have continued to walk, hike or ride 6days a week.

Tracking everything via Garmin 6XPro.

Here are my current stats

Screenshot_20230806_170055_Connect.

9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

These are all MAJOR wins! Congratulations on your weightloss and these many miles. Thank you for sharing your stats. You're a true inspiration! Keep it up!

Meat likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Keep going! You're doing great.

Meat likes this.
  11. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Things are good over here. Strength training and calisthenics have become my priority and we set up a nice outdoor gym which consists of a bench, some dumbbells, and the chickens that follow me around for moral support. I'm feeling very strong and thankful for my health. According to charts I'm still 40 lbs overweight, but I am over 20 lbs lighter than when I started this mid-February.
    I'm going to keep going. I had a piece of avocado toast a few days this week which I know isn't a part of the plan, but that is the only oversight. I hope you are all doing well and finding some time to move.

12. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Keep at it, Alana! Everything worthwhile takes time. Your persistence is inspiring!

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  13. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you so much! This is the longest that I've ever stuck with it and it feels good to not give up. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging. It means a lot!

Meat likes this.
  14. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! I am good and thankfully safe. I'm in the tropical rainforest of the Big Island. There was some wildfire action in the Kohala District at the top of the island and also near the resorts. Thankfully they were able to get things under control. My renter is a bada$$ and a 20 year airforce vet. She is currently in Maui assisting and I'm watching her dogs and cats. I'm praying for her safe return.
    It's heartbreaking what is happening in Maui right now. I read that 86% of the damaged structures were residential. We wrote to the Governor and offered to build shelters and yurts for people. I'm saying lots of prayers for the people of Maui. There may be a tropical cyclone heading this way. Climate change is real and hurricane season is supposed go through November. I hope everyone is doing well here. I'm staying active. Last night I walked 6.5 miles by the ocean cliffs and the stars were gorgeous.

Meat likes this.
  15. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

This morning I weighed the lowest in a year. 30 pounds this year, 58 down over three (with some backsliding).

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  16. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Wow! Congratulations! You've made incredible progress. I'm learning that the bumps in the road make the ride interesting. Keep going! I feel inspired by you!

Meat and Zimmy like this.
  17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! My weight and measurements are slowly going down and my confidence is growing! This year I'm not dreading my birthday which happens at the end of this month. I'm doing my best and showing up as the person I want to become.
    I've been doing 5-6 strength workouts a week and I try to do something outside everyday. We also go for daily walks. I want to start going for more adventures.
    I'm also reading some good books, but I'll have to sit at a computer to write about them (I've been away from my desk as much as possible.)

How are you doing? I hope you are all having a wonderful summer!

18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Dang!

Gator 45/70 and Alanaana like this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I'm finally at my desk! I'm working on an article that addresses wildfires and it feels very emotional. I think that many things contributed to the devastating fires in Maui and I don't think it was necessarily solely caused by wind, I know that the wind definitely made things pick up. I have always known that the islands are under prepared for these kinds of disasters. Our news stations are never very informative. This is why it is so important for me to be prepared. There are also the fires in Wahiawa that happened today on Oahu which is very close to Schofield. My mom grew up in that area and when I talked with her about the Maui fires she said that nothing like this used to happen in the past. I don't think that all of this is accidental. Let me know if you can think of important points for me to address in this article. I want to do it justice.

On another note, my workouts are going well. I really love strength training. Last night we went for a 7 mile walk around Hilo Bay it was nice because the sidewalk is even and fairly well-lit.

Here are some books that I've read:

• "The Saints of Swallow Hill" by Donna Everhart 5/5 This is a Historical Fiction that talks about the Turpentine Labor Camps in North Carolina during the Depression Era. I thought it was very atmospheric and well written.
    • "Evidence of the Affair" by Taylor Jenkins Reed 4/5 A short story that was worth the read. Relationships can be so complex.
    • "Delicious Alignment: How 25 Women Learned How to Transform their Bodies Using Abraham Hicks and the Law of Attraction" 2/5 A fitness person recommended this book to me 2 years ago and it took me forever to finish it. It wasn't badly written for what it is, but it was very woo woo to me. I'm not big on the new agey, witchcraft. I'm not saying that this is that. She addresses Law of Attraction well and I admire the women for making these big lifestyle changes. I do however believe that mindset is important and hard work pays off. I don't wait around for "the universe to provide."
    • "300 Days of Sun" by Deborah Lawrenson 5/5 I loved this one. This is another Historical Fiction / Mystery Thriller set in The Algarve in Portugal. I pretty much have my heart set on checking out Portugal. Has anyone been? This is definitely worth the read.
    • "The Quarry Girls" by Jess Lourey 3/5 Mystery thriller / suspense. Minnesota 1977... It's scary that people like this exist in real life. I was never a party girl and I'm glad I never ended up in situations like this and I never hope to.
    What are you reading or listening to these days? I have to run some errands and get some coffee, but I'll be back soon!

Meat likes this.
  20. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Meditations / Marcus Aurelius
    [​IMG]

Meat and Alanaana like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7