What are your health / fitness goals? Accountability

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
?
  1. Farm Chores

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Hiking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Walking

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Strength Training

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Running

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you so much for reading it. I really hope that you'll finish your book because I would love to read it.

Meat likes this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The title is based on an incident that gets a lot of interest and laughs for those in the know. (My kids not so much, oops)

Alanaana likes this.
  3. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat now I'm really curious about this book you're writing. Looking forward to it. No pressure!

Meat likes this.
  4. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it!

Alanaana and Meat like this.
  5. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

I really enjoyed spending time in the Czech Republic. Prague is wealth of history. Look into a trip there if you have a chance.

Zimmy, Brokor, Alanaana and 1 other person like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Running through the woods in the dark wasn’t too bad, it’d been better in shoes instead of socks though. Ouch!

Alanaana likes this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat I can imagine! That sounds painful and like a good story. You're good at building up suspense.

Meat likes this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha, I'm very curious to see what happens with this tropical storm. We are stocked up and ready. I was able to get a good hooping workout in this morning and I'm hoping that I'll be able to fit in my scheduled workout.

I'm prepared to lose power and the internet for awhile. Best case scenario, it passes over with minimal damages. Prayers are appreciated.

Brokor and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I only felt the pain afterwards. Lol.

Alanaana likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Adrenaline goes a long way? And you have a good story to tell too!

Meat likes this.
  11. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

That tropical storm sure was underwhelming. I was almost hoping for some action. There were 2 audible wind gusts and it rained a lot, but we didn't even lose power. Of course I'm thankful, but was expecting a little more.

My food cravings have finally settled down and I'm losing weight. -3 lbs this week and it's exciting because I'm definitely not starving or depriving myself. I think fasting and timing my meals and exercise has made a big difference. My renter brought me coffee that she roasted this morning and her thoughtfulness made my day! Today's a good day! Hope you are all doing well.

Today I plan on practicing yoga, hula hooping, and practicing belly dancing. I would also like to work on my free standing handstand. My birthday is in about 6 weeks so maybe I'll set a goal to "grease the groove." 20230720_102957.

Meat likes this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! I hope you are all doing well. I feel so happy, healthy, and thankful. Losing weight, getting healthy, and believing in my ability to do so has always been a struggle for me, but this time I think it's working. I love that I'm not starving myself either.

I thought that this was the last day of the program I'm working through, but it turns out that there are 5 more workouts! 60/65.

I do want to work on my mentality a little more. I haven't hula hooped these last 2 days because I've been working a lot more on handstands and I find myself worrying that my progress will stop because I'm not doing something. I don't want to get to the point where I'm pushing myself to have a routine that I can't sustain long term. Sometimes I do that.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Meat likes this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I started Jiu Jitsu after being about as low as one can feel last August. In order Mom passed on, I was the target of a harassment incident at work (Turns out in 2022 it’s considered playful fun to paint my office with what I described as a LGBTQ+ theme) and then my beloved little Honda was stolen. As stupid as it sounds it all worked out in the end, except Mom of course. RIP. BTW, I support most alternative lifestyles, do your thing and I’ll do mine. The workplace is where I grind away though, it’s not for inappropriate nonsense. :D

Zimmy, Alanaana and CraftyMofo like this.
  14. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I'm so sorry about your Mom's passing RIP.
    It's awful that you were harassed like that at work (so inappropriate and uncalled for), and your Honda got stolen? Just one of those incidences would get anyone down. That's a lot to handle and it sounds like it all happened so close together. I'm glad that you got through it and that things mostly worked out. That doesn't sound stupid. I think that it's amazing that you found a healthy outlet and sanctuary in your Jiu Jitsu practice and now you're coming up on a year since you started. I hope that your feeling good and celebrating how far you have come in the last year. I am also supportive of alternative lifestyles, but now from a distance. I used to be very much in the trenches in my early 20's. I was on the board of non-profits and did a lot of outreach work for at risk youth and young adults. But then I started to see that there's a lot of aggression and violence in those communities. Long story short I shifted my focus, but I do want people to be able to live and do their thing and be respectful.
    I really hope things are better overall in your life and that they will continue to improve.

Meat likes this.
  15. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha, I hope you are all doing well. I'm dealing with a little seasonal depression / ptsd I get this time of year every year. It makes me feel very energetically drained, but other than that I'm staying on track with my nutrition and my workouts. When I'm active I feel strong, energetic, and so happy, but the down time gets me down.
    I spend a lot of time in the past and worrying about the future and I would like to enjoy the present moment more. I'm going to start focusing on my blessings each day because there is so much to be thankful for.
    What cheers you up when you're feeling down?

CraftyMofo and Meat like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I get depressed with dry, hot weather. Sounds weird but…The weather in Western Washington has definitely changed over the years, months can go by without a drop of rain. Not that I believe anything from people like HorseFace Kerry spouting their green nonsense from a jet-airplane but…Other than that all is good on my end.

Alanaana likes this.
  17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

This makes me kind of sad. I grew up in Western Washington and I remember summers full of rainy swim meets. Back then, it was kind of a drag. If we were lucky we would get a few sunny days at the end of August / September. I did notice that the weather in WA has dramatically changed and the last few summers that I lived there were super hot and smoky. I cam relate to you because the heat can be depressing.
    Are the fall and spring seasons still beautiful there? I hope so.

Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I like my rain mixed in, that’s why I loved WW. As per topic, I’m still sticking to my routine.

Alanaana likes this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Meat Great job on sticking with your routine. I hope August will be a great month for you!

Meat likes this.
  20. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Aloha! I've been busy. I completed all 65 workouts in the 12 week program I was working through and it's such a good feeling to know that I stuck with it. I'm super excited about this month of August. It's my birthday month and I want to get back on track with my reading and writing goals. I hope you are all doing well. What are your plans for this new month? I'll write a more in depth post tomorrow, but wanted to do a quick check in.

Zimmy, Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7