What Are Your Financial Plans?

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by enloopious, Feb 7, 2022.

1. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Bitcoin and other cryptos are ok for investments but I see them more like stocks. Land, PMs and other supplies as well as knowledge is what I see as actual wealth. I have stocks and other financial investments. Some are doing better than others. I try to keep my portfolio diversified. I like commodities. However, I have no doubt that all of the electronic stuff would disappear as soon as the power went out...

Gator 45/70, SB21 and VisuTrac like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

If the power goes out globally, all financial plans go out the window.

3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

If the power EVER comes back on the BTC is still there. It is not centralized. By definition it is NOT a fiat currency. Nobody owns the network and the majority has to agree on any changes. OTHER cryptos are centralized and your argument is valid but not with BTC.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. enloopious

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This^^^^ right here. @Sloth posted this in February now in March we see the US seizing Russian citizens property in the United States. There was not a giant uproar after the truckers and folks seems to be fine with seizure of property. It is a slippery slope and there is no stopping it IMO.

enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I shocked about the seizure and more shocked that the Canadian public didn't throw a complete fit and throw that runt out of office. I mean, marital law because of a peaceful protest? Insanity!

enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  7. enloopious

Looks like there is a new question on your tax form this year: did you buy or sell crypto.

There is also a new AMT Alternative Minimum Tax. The difference between a taxpayer's AMTI and his AMT exemption is taxed using the relevant rate schedule. This yields the tentative minimum tax (TMT). If the TMT is higher than the taxpayer's regular tax liability for the year, they pay the regular tax and the amount by which the TMT exceeds the regular tax. In other words, the taxpayer pays the full TMT.

...because inflation by itself isn't enough to crash the country.

1. VisuTrac
  2. Dunerunner
  3. 3M-TA3
  4. Dunerunner
  5. oldman11
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. UncleMorgan
  10. UncleMorgan
  11. Gopherman
  12. Ganado