WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING NOW? (Ongoing Participation Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brokor, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Shut up and get back to work, you need to pay for this.

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

There I go, Slipped out of my quiet, calm, mental place...

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

just how many EBT card songs are there?

4. Dont

One is to many..

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When is the Mormons Episode due on? I would be interested in watching that one for sure...

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. Yard Dart

:D

8. Yard Dart

Dont likes this.
  9. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

%^&^#$ I love the gunny!

10. Dont

NOW thats more like it! aOOORRAHH..

11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I
    I don't know when the original air date was. I downloaded it off a website. I watched it last night. Pretty interesting. Many of the things I was familiar with. The Missouri Governor ordering the militia to clear them out. They fled to Illinois and eventually were being forced out of there. What I didn't know was the Governor there offered them a truce if they would agree to leave the United States, they moved to Salt Lake in what was then Mexican territory. What I found interesting was the polygamy issue. It was an accepted practice until they were trying to gain statehood for Utah and the Federal Government would not allow it unless they renounced it and put in the state constitution that the practice was illegal. The leader of the church at that time received a "revelation" from God that he had changed his mind and now was opposed to the practice. Quite convenient. Two years later they were admitted into the United States. It really wasn't very favorable to them. One thing that I didn't know was that a lot of the churches wealth was acquired from the mafia when Mormon owned banks were used to finance the mobs development of Las Vegas. No one else would finance them.
    I'll probably watch the one on Abraham Lincoln tonight.

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Little Girl Makes Sure Deaf Parents Don’t Miss Out
    A cute little girl, or “KODA” (kid of deaf adults), made sure her parents could follow along during her kindergarten class’s holiday concert by using sign language and hilarious facial expressions.

Watch her sign and sing along while her class performs a Christmas version of “Bingo Was His Name-O” and other classics. See if you can get through the full 3:41 video without smiling. It may be literally impossible.

Brokor, Dont, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  13. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Ok. I don't want to keep doing these recaps but, DAYUM!! I love this series. I love history and have always been a fan of the Paul Harveyesque "Rest of the Story" type stories. So I am loving this series. I watched last night the "10 Things You Don't Know About Abraham Lincoln". Probably my least favorite president. I knew that he was a racist, or more correctly a seperatist. He is quoted as saying that blacks are not the equal of whites and were an inferior race. After freeing them he had a plan to deport them all to a small Central American country. OK. But did you know that he was a homosexual?

This is documented historical record, not innuendo or wild theory. He lived with a man named Joshua Steed for 4 years when he was practicing law in Illinois. Steed writes in his autobiography that they slept together in a bed so small that when one rolled over the other had to also or they would fall out of the bed. When steed was summoned back to his families plantation in Kentucky (they were slave owners) Lincoln was so distraught and depressed that Steed said he had to remove all of the razors and knives from their room because he feared Lincoln would commit suicide.

So maybe they were just poor struggling lawyers trying to save money by sharing living expenses. Once he became president, Lincoln met an army officer and they soon became inseparable companions. To the point that Lincoln put the man up in a summer house down from the Whitehouse and he would spend his nights there with him and return to the Whitehouse, and his family, in the mornings. It was a very scandalous situation in DC and was widely talked about in the gossip columns. There were 4 detailed and provable instances in his life where he lived with, and shared a bed with men.
    Then add to that the fact that nearly everyone of the women who were interviewed by his biographer told the same tales of him being very uncomfortable and awkward around them. He didn't marry until he was 35. A nearly unheard of late age for a man of that time. And he married Mary Todd, a very homely, awkward and mentally unstable woman, but one whose family was well connected with the ruling political families of Illinois. So a marriage of convenience but it didn't stop his affairs with men.

This fits in nicely with my personal theory on his assassination, one I came to from reading a couple of books espousing the position, and doing some study on it myself. And that is that his wife Mary Todd actually shot him that night in Fords theater and not John Wilkes Booth. Booth and the other conspirators all claimed that they were only intending to kidnap Lincoln, not kill him. And there were two accomplices there to help booth that night and they had a carriage outside in the alley ready to whisk the president away. When Booth jumped from the theater box to the stage after the shot he spied a friend of his and the first thing he yelled was that he didn't shoot the president. Only then did he shout the line about death to tyrants. Lincoln was shot with a small caliber, .32 IIRC, from a derringer type pistol. Not one favored by men at the time, it was known as a ladies gun and in fact Mary Todd is known to have owned one. It is known that they had been arguing earlier that evening. And just a couple of weeks before she had chased him around the Whitehouse kitchen with a butcher knife threatening to kill him. After the assassination she was locked away in a sanatorium never to be heard from again. So, hmmm. Maybe the volatility of their relationship was due in part to his sleeping with his lover at night and not coming home to her and the children.
    Love this show. I am going to have to look for the entire season. I won't recap every episode here tho, promise. Well maybe not.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

15. Dont

Down playing any possible religious affiliations of the perp?

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Brokor likes this.
  18. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

19. LoganW

LoganW Monkey

I love stuff like that too......so your not the only one.

BTPost and Minuteman like this.
  20. Yard Dart

1. chelloveck
  2. Murfylang
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. Cruisin Sloth
  5. phorisc
  6. DKR
  7. OldDude49
  8. Motomom34
  9. Bishop