What are you listening to? (ongoing participation thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagnaWolf, Oct 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

2. VisuTrac

3. VisuTrac

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@VisuTrac I think that was the last song he recorded. No words

5. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

Thanks for that posting Alexander Barron "The self-proclaimed Bard of the American Redoubt" on his Charles Carroll Society podcast (CharlesCarrollSociety dot com). Both Alex and John Jacob Schmidt of Radio Free Redoubt podcast are sort of like "James Wesley Rawles" podcasters of both the American Redoubt vote-with-your-feet movement and of the hi-tech prepper patriot movement.

suggested at: Preparedness Entertainment - Are the masses being prepared? | Charles Carroll Society

Here is the long vid: of the game. It's like an opening chapter of a James Wesley Rawles novel set in Gotham-Bloombergville turned into a next-gen video game. Remember, Governor Cuomo said that conservatives are not welcome in the state of New York. Scary real game! We’ve come a long way (in both good ways and bad) since I bought my first Apple II+ 48K RAM 6502 8-bit computer with 160K floppy in 1981. What lifelike graphics. Wow.

An excerpt:

We always knew the world could end,
    We trained for it,
    We prepared for it,
    We waited for it
    But we never really expected it.
    -Author (fan movie The Division)

"Then this weekend, when I was searching something else I came across a new Tom Clancy first person shooter game. I don’t have time right now to play computer games, although they were a fun waste of time when I was younger, and depending if we will have electricity in the doom ranch may be again. However I accidentally found a new game made by some of the largest names in the industry called “The Division.” I was shocked what the game subject matter was. The introduction for this game could have been written by JWR himself. The new trailer is even more intense. Then there is the fan movie in the making (). I guess I have not been paying attention to pop culture, too much time shooting real guns, but the post-apocalyptic (Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia genre appears to be much more popular than I realized. It describes another version of what JWR calls “The Crunch.” I have modified The Crunch being whatever is going to happen, plague or economic collapse, the government kills a bunch of Patriots, whatever. Something happens and it accelerates the decay. What The Crunch actually will be is hard to predict and most likely will be a series of unlikely events. What happens after The Crunch, is more predictable.

I was like what the hey? This is what all the kids want to play? In the game you play super agents of the U.S. government trying to put the country back together after a biological attack that causes the entire country to collapse in less than 5 days. Thus you are a couple of preppers with some kool 007 gear. However the premise of the game, the survival preparedness point of it surprised me. If you care here is a video of the real play (). You can see why people young men who get addicted to this, and immerse themselves day in, and day out, can lose it. The new games are approaching incredible levels of details. Thus I was forced to ask myself again, is this normal, is it an uptick in preparedness related entertainment for the masses? Is this just like Dooms day preppers just Hollywood types making money from real peoples real concerns? I am unsure, but I found it … interesting."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  6. VisuTrac

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

VisuTrac likes this.
  8. VisuTrac

I'm going to bet I know every one of them in the 3 hrs. and no, I'm not going to listen to 3 hrs of ballady big hair bands

well at least not at the moment.

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Brokor and VisuTrac like this.
  10. AmericanRedoubt1776

While browsing SurvivalMonkey, am listening/watching Hell on Wheels season 3 just came available on Netflix streaming. It has rejuvenated the Western genre. The best Western show since The Wild Wild West. For lack of a better comparison, it's like Sergio Leone's Once Upon A Time in the West combined with Clint Eastwood's - Morgan Freeman's The Unforgiven turned into a series -- that is to say it really shows the vast scope of "How the West Was Won" via the railroad, the pioneering spirit and the gun. We love it. It is filmed in Alberta.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  11. VisuTrac

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. VisuTrac

13. VisuTrac

Mountainman and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

16. VisuTrac

Obama monologue??

17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Doors Radio on Pandora....

18. AmericanRedoubt1776

Radio Suisse Classique via the free TuneIn Radio app. Listen mostly to Swiss French stations since no commercials and keeps up my French language skills. Love that TuniIn Radio app on Android, iOS, Amazon TV and Roku.

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  20. VisuTrac

War drums baby!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7