Wayne LaPierre to step down as National Rifle Association

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jan 5, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Most folks don't know it, but the NRA has taken an active stance AGAINST our RTKABA, since the 1870's in fact, they have often supported anti gun legislation, and even proposed things against our rights, this is nothing new from them, so you might wanna think really hard who you choose to donate to to stand up for your rights, the NRA only stands for what the leadership believes in, and they have shown that the leadership is more then willing to bend the knee, and give the membership thr big middle finger!

The NRA supported the NFA act of 1938, they supported anti import restrictions, and mail order of firearms. They supported and even helped draft the GCA of 1968, and they stood at Clinton's right hand in support of his Assault weapons ban of 1994! Don't let them try and convince you that they are benevolent and simply misunderstood, No, they will screw you first chance they get!

jim2 likes this.
  2. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

I had yearly nra memberships untill the bump stock deal, sent a nasty email. Lot of other gun support groups i.like better.

jim2 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I stopped my yearly membership when I realized they were sending $50 of garbage soliciting more money from me when I was giving $40.

jim2, magicfingers and sasquatch91 like this.
  4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Where the entire NRA screwed up for many years is leaving their charter in the state of New York, where it was started in 1871.
    If they had moved to Arizona or Texas years ago, NY would have a much harder time suing them, now they have the NRA by the short hairs. With Wayne and the upper management using the NRA like their own Piggy bank, what ever emerges after the trials, will be less useful and have their tax status evaluated and audited.
    It is still good to have The Firearms Coalition, GOA, and NRA keeping the ATF lawyers busy.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    jim2 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

'ol Wayne was the EVP when I signed on in the 80's. He is leaving for a reason. The end of the NRA is probably right around the corner.

jim2 likes this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

On that I can heartily agree, but his MAGA supporters are still in thrall to him, and the GOP leadership are in fear of Trump's MAGA Base to the extent that Trump is being aided and abetted by them, in giving him comfort and protection against the criminal and civil proceedings that Trump is presently facing.

Good luck with that....Trump is facing 4 criminal prosecutions (with 91 indictments so far) and a raft of civil litigation, plus he is facing 14th Amendment objections to his inclusion in various States' 2024 Primary election ballots....and yet....his core MAGA followers seem to have no problem with that...Apparently they find his playing the 'innocent' victim appealing. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that....Trump has already signaled that he is not interested in conforming to the checks and balances that are constitutionally required of a freely and fairly elected president...even less so, should he have himself crowned emperor, as Napoleon once did, or Führer as Uncle Adolf once did by passing the Enabling Act of 1933 as a legally elected Chancellor.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

You know the sad irony of all the that, I would still vote for that guy, the alternative is unthinkable, and the other Republicans, ether milktoast like Hailey, or part of the machine like Ron, ether way, not good choices, so, once again, were forced to choose, and boy what choices we much make! I'll take Orange Man for 5000 Alex! None of the other Republicans have a prayers chance, and I do like Vivek, but not as POTUS, maybe as V.P. or a cabinet slot, but only if Orange Man would actually listen to him!

8. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

I guess i never really understood why people in other countrys hate trump so much. Dude did alright in my book, sure he hd a big mouth but made life easier for the average blue collar fella like me.

Idahoser, Zimmy and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@chelloveck "...Apparently they find his playing the 'innocent' victim appealing"

Or, we find him to be telling the truth which the polls show a huge majority believe to be the case. Furthermore, ALL those bullshit charges are the real danger to each and every one of us in the nation. I ask this question over and over and over - yet - no one that hates Trump can answer it: What did Trump actually do illegal?" Give me facts, no BS about insurrection or other kangaroo charges. These false charges are simply that - false - and shows how evil and corrupt our justice system has become.

Okay, Ura-Kai dislikes him because he killed Bumpstocks. Fine. I get it and it certainly is a reason to be pissed at him. Was it an illegal act? No. Was it wrong? Yes. So, Trump does a thousand good things for us (the nation) yet does one wrong thing that we do not agree with, a very small thing in overall scope of the 2nd Amendment, and our entire opinion of the man is changed? I mean, in general we know Trump to be a patriot, arguably the best President in our lifetime, not of the Swamp and actually did most of what he promised even though the entire Congress, Democrat and Republican, was against him. So, we are going to change our judgement or entire opinion due to one wrong decision by him? A decision so small in scope that it is meaningless... Would Jesus satisfy our expectations as the President of the United States? Could I? Could you?

President Trump did more for the nation than all the other presidents since Regan put together without assistance and through every obstacle Congress could throw at him. He opened our eyes to the true danger to the nation of the Swamp and its militant arm, the growing evil of the FBI and DOJ. He proved mainstream media to be more state propaganda, basically 'fake news,' than reliable news sources. He secured our Southern border more so than any time in memory while also destroying the hoax that the US could never be energy independent. There is a list as long as my arm of his accomplishments - yet - we seem to never hear of them and for good reason. They do not want us to. Yes, Trump made mistakes. He did and I will not argue that he did not. He is certainly not perfect because first, he is human and second, he's not a politician. I will argue that his mistakes were small in scope and if given time I believe he would have corrected some of them, such as the Covid thing. I believe he would have had the fortitude to fire Fauci and retract a lot of the Covid BS, stood up to the WHO and told the CDC to sit down and be silent. Instead, we got Biden, whose corruption and evil policies are leading the nation into complete and utter failure, and he will probably be replaced by a lacky of the establishment, male or female, it matters not for the results are always the same - always.

That's my rant. I won't go into it anymore, but we don't know all the details concerning how and why he came to these decisions and made these mistakes, in many cases it is due to the best information that was available at the time. I believe it to be totally unfair and even unreasonable to discredit President Trump or anyone especially when they have shown good intentions for the nation and the will to try to do the right thing even when it goes against Congress or others.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  10. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Said he had severe Lyme Disease. You'd have thought a tick wouldn't bite him...after all, there should be some professional courtesy between blood suckers.

Zimmy, Tempstar, Bandit99 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Now that there is funny!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gun grabbers starting to notice the nra isn't only gun rights foundation.

The only thing the nra has done overghe last 4 or 5 years is show up for photo ops when laws passed that's they had no part in.

CraftyMofo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7