Walking Sticks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 31, 2023.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

TWO 5 FOOT STICKS ARE THE BEST

Gator 45/70, Alanaana and Meat like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good reminders, pace oneself. Good socks and “change your socks” is good advice from the members and Lieutenant Dan.

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

One could invent the walking stick brace?
    Strap at the top to go around the wrist, Padded for the first foot going down.
    Let the ATf figure out how to regulate it?

Meat likes this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I plan to go for another hike this weekend, sticks are still free as far as I know.

Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I prefer a hardwood staff length hiking stick. I'm on my fifth now. My wife is on her second. We buy hiking medallions at the parks or countries we visit. Just one.

When they get full we focus hard on the next stick. It's fun.

Drilling out a hole and a smear of wood glue seats a 20p or 30p nail well for traction on soft surfaces and as a weapon.

Those nails suck on hard concrete surfaces and slip. Keep that in mind. I haven't found a decent rubber slip on for those nails.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

What about having the top half of the walking stick able to turn in nunchucks, some throwing stars tucked away somewhere too. Or just carry a .45.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My Walking stick is very light, made from Hazel Nut, and is very light, but strong.. Just right for a Three Toed, One and a Half Eyed, Dead Man Walking, Old Fart, reTired, Snow Monkey.. Keeps the Old Ladies at bay, so no need to carry the Belgian Browning HiPower.. One good thing about living in Utah, it is State Policy, to prosecute Prohibited Persons carrying FireArms or Ammunition, where or whenever, they are found, no matter what else the circumstances are, PERIOD.. Use a FireArm, illegally, you are busted, and if you thereafter get caught in possession, busted again… No plea bargaining, JUST PLAIN BUSTED…

Gator 45/70, Zimmy, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Anything short of the .45 would make me look ridiculous.

However, someone's dog gone aggressive is not going to maul my wife or I. There are places we visit that would not be happy if I discharged my Sig. Various state and national parks, cities, and states that would frown very heavily.

Plus, I'm kinda wobbly after the heart surgery and leukemia. The high stick is more stable than a cane on hikes.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7