Use of force and freakin laser beams

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Aug 19, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The G.I. Joe cartoon taught me the only way to fight lasers is with more lasers.

Yard Dart and DKR like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I always liked Mirrors, myself....

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

There is no such thing as a non-lethal weapon, there are less-lethal weapons. Anything 40mm fired at an individual can be lethal depending on the area of the strike and distance. Pepperballs have sent people into fatal asthma attacks and coronary arrest and you hear stories of people dying from rubber buckshot strikes in overseas riots every year. Usually these events are the result of the person being in poor health, having underlying medical condition, or just plain old bad luck.

Back in the late 80's and 90's, lasers mounted on firearms was all the rage, even though they cost as much or more than the weapon, ran on expensive batteries, and were the size of a 3-C cell flashlight. I remember a couple of people getting charged with assault on an officer after pointing lasers at them or their cruiser at night, but back then those lasers definitely were not eye safe.

Personally, I feel that an attack with a laser is the same as physical attack and should be countered with a physical attack, even if you have to up the ante with a firearm. You often hear that extreme measure must be taken to protect life, limb and eyesight. I've seen news reports and heard remarks from people who spout the "But, they didn't kill anyone, why would you respond with lethal force?". My reply is "Let me cripple you for life, then when you and your family are bankrupted by loss of work and medical bills, and living with the physical and mental pain, then let me hear if you think that."

Yard Dart, OldDude49 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7