Unbridled fear of a .50 Barrett...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I don't know how feel about this .What if someone said I don't think you should own a .308 or .223 because they would kill at 500 yds.
    If this guy hasn't broken any where it makes it illegal for him to own one , I just don't get this whole topic ,you do realize there are people out there that would like to see all guns out of our hands and we are talking like it's a crime for guy we know nothing about to have what he wants .

JMHO

Mountainman likes this.
  2. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

One thing bothers me about this guy. According to the op this guy has been tossed out by the Local Militia unit. Here in Michigan we recently had as many of you remember the incident with the HUTAREE being arrested for planning to kill a Lenawee county Sheriff and then ambushiung his coworkers at his funeral. The Hutaree group was expelled by the Michigan Militia main body in 2003 for radical Religious views and unsafe conduct at Camp Stasa where they almost got several of their members killed in a wild live fire exercise. If the Arizona Militia tossed this guy out there is a valid reason. My guess is he could be planning on killing those Militia guys for giving him the boot. This would make me nervous. Michigan Militia members have been nervous of Hutaree activity since 2003 and aided the FBI in catching one of them who was on the run . But until he breaks the law there is nothing anyone can do to him. He has the same rights as all of us. KF

dragonfly, BTPost and Cephus like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There are a number of issues that have been brought up in this thread, concerning the conduct of the OPs mentioned individual, that may cause concern. So far as I can see, NONE of they rise to the level of his Personal ability to own the Weapon under consideration. Yes, there are specific allegations and observations, that when taken together MAY be cause for concern, to those who are his neighbors, HOWEVER, that does NOT give them, or ANYONE else, cause to deprive him of his Constitutional Rights under the Second Amendment. If you advocate denying him his Rights, then you advocate losing those same Rights for yourself, and all other Citizens. It really is that simple. We here in the USA, WE do NOT believe in Preemptive Justice. We believe in FREEDOM. Yes, There are risks, associated with this concept, FREEDOM. It means you are NOT tried, and convicted, for Beliefs, but only for your ACTIONS. This means, Citizens MUST take Responsibility for their ACTIONS, and when they do not, the STATE, will take ACTION, for us, The Citizens, when our common Statutes and Laws are broken. That ACTION is to bring the offender, in front of a Judge, and a Jury of HIS Peers, and to try Him for his ACTIONS, NOT his Beliefs. Anything else is NOT Freedom. ..... YMMV....

Hammerhead and Cephus like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Correct, and is the reason we have cop shops. The whole concept is reactive, and not necessarily in a timely fashion. Once again, it is the individual's responsibility to be prepared with due regard to the perceived threat level; and to become able to evaluate the threat if any exists.

BTPost likes this.
  5. tdwhite03

tdwhite03 Monkey+

This!

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As it is impossible for LE to be everywhere at once; so the police usually arrive later to document a crime or a victim.

True, unfortunately the average individual doesn't seem to realize it is their responsibility.

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Bump

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Personally, I have NO issues with the gun, it's the guy that has it!
    For some reason this guy which recently recruited another in an rv, and both have taken the stance that "we" are about to be set upon by the U.S. Military....He really thinks it is imminent and takes the position that he will be able to "fend" off the Military when that takes place....I ask you, is that a SANE person?
    DOH!
    So, in recent times he has sold off all his 7.62 x 39 ammo, sks's, and ak's, and bought 2 M1A1's and has maybe 300 rounds of ammo to date....He sold off his .357 and 9mm and .40 glocks to boot.
    Each to their own!

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

There is absolutely no OPSEC in your AO. And I know this how? Well we have all read how you have been outed security wise, and then you happen to be in on the info above in detail as well. No one knows the meaning of loose lips sink ships. A bunch of raving lunatics if you were to ask me.

10. Attention seeking is a disease. Can be treated though

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

That's why it's important to have an "insider", or, an "informant" if you prefer....which for all intents and purposes has saved me a lot of headaches...I know the who, what, where, when, how, and even the why of things that take place, 150 miles distant from me....
    I may be as crazy as anyone else here, BUT I am not stupid!
    I know their names and their activities, each and every day....
    Sometimes 3 times a day...
    I know who was burglarized, by whom, and what that person did with what was taken....I know what every person has up there as far as their weaponry, dogs,and any and all of their so called security.....I know the vehicles they drive, what day they go to town, who is hauling water...Things that are good to know and to keep track of....Since there are only 11 people in the entire area of some 12 square miles...It's easy to know what's happening.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7