Troops patrolling city streets becomes the new normal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wideym, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

double tap... :D

2. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I don't know what I find more disturbing while traveling in airports, grossly obese officers wearing only a pistol or somewhat fit officers wearing enough tactical gear to storm an embassy

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

To me it all depends on the attitude of the individual officers. Here in Sydney AFP have now permanently deployed officers at Sydney (and other) International Airport with M4s (well 633 type carbines) due to the threat of terrorism. All AFP (and APS before them) on duty there have been armed with sidearms almost forever. The only times I have felt intimidated by police at an airport (except in a couple of third world locations where it is the done thing to have the muzzle of your AK pointed at the "tourist" processing in Customs/Immigration ie - attempting to extort some $US) was a French Gendarme in one of their South Pacific territories. He was obviously having a poor day and at several points during our conversation (about the .300Win in my luggage :D ) his hand kept landing on the Manurhin MR73 he was wearing.....to the point he partner put a hand on him and waved me (and my rifle) away.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

So the Nevada Governor called the New York Governor, and said “Need some help for New Years Eve in Time Square? I can spare some Nevada NG Troops... You interested?”.
    I don’t think so...I suspect NY asked the Pentagon for the help, and these Troops were either going or coming from overseas, and were already Federalized...

5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I apparently missed something in there if they left their state they were federalized.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7