Trapping the wiley Squirrel.....

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by BTPost, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Thought I should have reset the trap after I left.. I will be back Tue and reset with very old, crusty peanut butter and pop corn.. I ran my board on an angle off some very steep stairs and weighted the end down with a couple full 50 cal cans.. Couple popcorn on the trigger and peanut butter for glue did the trick.. Thanks again for the good advice @BTPost ..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. My brother likes to fish for bass. He used a regular mouse trap and empty soup can to make a live trap. Attached open can to the trigger side of the wooden base, trigger and bait inside the open can , attached the lid to the jaw. Voila, live bass bait.

Gator 45/70 and Wild Trapper like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

At 16 ,in the mountains I made friends with squirrels ,they would climb up my pant leg and take peanuts out of my hand. One allowed me to pet his forehead.
    Never been bitten. It takes time to earn trust and a valuable tool if you have a mutual interest .
    I've know people that have started a war on the squirrels and it didn't go well. Apparently green pinecones develop enough velocity to break windshields . and these guys can be very accurate if intimidated .
    I don't have any Grey squirrels here but i do get ground squirrels from time to time . Because they have developed a reputation for destructivity they are fearful of everything . I've shot and eaten one feeding in my garden .
    O the other hand I have rabbits and they are unafraid of me I don't shoot them and all them to multiply naturally , the coyotes keep them in check . I like having the critters around so long as they behave . I keep chickens for eggs and fish for my aquaponics garden.
    So far as trapping the most difficult critter to top is a rat , they get smart and become a real challenge . I like challenges .
    Every thing here is food for something else , it depends on who's tougher smarter ,,more patient .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

upload_2018-12-14_0-0-3.
    That trigger looks kinda wrong to me.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

[worthless]
    @Marvin L. Steinhagen

GrayGhost and oldman11 like this.
  1. DKR