This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Good will towards men - all men, even women - should not be just a holiday greeting, but a lifestyle, practiced daily. May the warmth, love and generousity that fills our lives during the holiday season stay with us all throughout the year.

2. Tracy

As I bid a fond farewell to 2006, I'd like to say "Thank you, Monkeys!" for helping me be more prepared for whatever may come my way tomorrow.

You've enlightened, challenged and informed me. Whether the topic was food, clothing, shelter, scenario, transportation, weapons, finances or just a giggle or two; I can always count on you to provide food for thought.

May 2007 keep you safe and well-prepared for the unexpected.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Amen tracy and to you too.[applaud]

4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

When you have a box with a razor blade on it, such as the aluminum foil or saran wrap box, don't go too fast or you may hit your finger on it and start bleeding pretty good. I hate that box at work. It tried to eat my finger. :D

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My neighbor came over last night and introduced me to reloading. All single stage stuff, I enjoyed it though and we reloaded about 100 rds. of .45 . I may just have a new vice. I am going to try out the loads during my first IPSC shoot tomorrow. This should be interesting.

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You can get a complete Lee set up real reasonable from www.midwayusa.com that, along with a good manual or 2 and the dies for the cals you want to load, will get you up and running and keep you going as long as you want to stick with that press. They have a couple of different kits that include the press and all the other basics to get going and maybe a bit more.

7. griffin1340

griffin1340 Monkey+++

Just who is it found out that you cannot lick your elbow?....And why?[dunno]

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[pop][pop]"We are going to see "children of men" today!!been waiting.[pop].[touchdown][touchdown]

9. TailorMadeHell

Today I can't get my check from my job because it's a holiday. For the past several months I haven't gotten my checks from the gov. What is their reason?

[soap]

10. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm sort of moved, and here again, y'all....

Well, the phone , net, and cable are installed...and I have worked my behind off....but learned a lot!

Missed you Monkeys!!!!!!! Stories to tell , and they will be told....but not tonight...too tired.......

Sooooooo good to be back and sort of settled.......

Stay warm!

11. TailorMadeHell

Good to hear CRC. Get plenty of rest, cause when you start telling the tales, I expect no pauses. Haha.

12. CRC

Because I'm such a shy, withdrawn person?

~ sigh ~

I'll do my best.....

[LMAO]

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The recent blast of newbies might think so, but I'm figuring they'll learn quick --[LMAO]

14. CRC

Now now....I am shy, retiring....timid......perhaps even bashful and and diffident......y'all know that....[angel]

Don't mislead these poor newbies....I can't wait to make friends and learn from them.....

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

The last two days on a job are killers

16. CRC

Some days you just have to grab the day...and run with it...Have some fun with it...
    This is one of them.
    Anybody can throw on a plumed hat, say a few "arrr's" and label him or herself "pirate," but I learned the pirate you wear within, the pirattitude, is far more important than the pirate gear you put on the outside..... True pirattitude means living your life the way you want to, with no apologies. It means never having to keep up with the Joneses, or the Davy Joneses for that matter.... It means not settling for the mundane. Having pirattitude means having the courage to question authority, and knocking it on its arse if that's what's called for..... Pirattitude means living and loving passionately, having a zest and zeal for fun and appreciating the little things in life like a homegrown cherry tomato, a dog who misses you when you're away at sea and rum. Pirattitude is seeing life for all its possibilities, grabbing the cannon by the balls and firing away into the unknown for the sheer adventure of living on the edge. Pirattitude means being free and living freely. And acquiring doubloons. And rum.
    Or Tequila. Who knows.....

and no..I didn't write all that...just added a couple of things....But I feel like laughing and having some fun today...bout time......

17. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
    norm before it screws up the entire machine.
    – Any Mechanic

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And, if it is reliable, add a few parts and functions until it isn't.[pop]

In the way long past, one of the tests performed on Air Force radios before acceptance as type qualified was to start them up, then clip out components until it failed. That (so I was told) is how Collins got a lot of military comms purchases. (Or so I heard.)[booze]

19. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

life

life should be lived to the fullest, each day.
    learn 1 thing a day.
    Never, ever leave the house without:love: kissing yo' woman (man) an tellin' em' ya' love em'. You may not get another chance.

20. Tracy

Today I learned that I'm wrong:

"Mom, you're wrong. A watched pot does boil, it just takes a while."

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7