This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Remember way back when....when melbo had an ordinary avatar and not that freaking dog??

I miss that..

that dog is still weird....after all this time....

just had to say that... :D

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I love that Dog.......LOL

3. CRC

That dog looks like the anti christ.... [angel]

He just creeps me out...still!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Unique, for sure. Creepy, only maybe. (Very cool shopping job.) Either way, it beats all hell out of some dummy from a movie shooting over your right shoulder at who knows what? Very unconventional, suits him well, one might say -- [applaud] [applaud] :lol:

5. CRC

Perhaps....the little guy with the cup of coffee , at the computer...on your sig line..? I can see that in my minds eye...

Yeah...ghrit...it's you. :D

6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

b:: I'm Lovin' Life! b::

Hope you are, too!!!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Of course. Check the smilie page if you doubt. b:: b:: [LMAO]

8. Quigley_Sharps

:lol:

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had one of those a few weeks back. Luckily the new guy seems to be really good.

Then Monday I took part in this:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?ContentId=34094

S. Korea Delegation Seen Starting US Beef Safety Audit Monday

Today 5/3/2006 3:23:00 PM

S. Korea Delegation Seen Starting US Beef Safety Audit Monday

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--A South Korean delegation is expected to arrive in the U.S. this weekend and on Monday begin a two-week review of U.S. beef-processing plants to make sure they comply with mad cow disease safety regulations, according to U.S. government and industry officials.

If all goes well with the audits, one U.S. beef industry representative said, South Korea could resume imports of U.S. beef in early June.

A U.S. government official said the delegation is expected to stay through May 19.

U.S. government and industry officials asked not to be named in this story.

The auditing delegation follows close on the heels of a previous visit by a separate South Korea delegation that traveled to Alabama and Iowa to review the U.S. investigation into its latest case of mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

South Korea announced last week it was confident that the latest U.S. BSE case didn't cast doubt on the effectiveness of cattle-feed safety rules designed to keep the disease from spreading in U.S. herds.

South Korea banned U.S. beef in December 2003 after the USDA announced finding the first case of mad cow disease in the U.S. Before the ban, the U.S. exported $815 million worth of beef to South Korea in 2003, according to USDA data.

South Korea agreed in January to resume importing boneless cuts of U.S. beef from cattle younger than 30 months. The country originally intended to send an auditing delegation to the U.S. on March 6 but that plan was put on hold when the USDA discovered a possible new BSE case in Alabama in early March

Seven hours of interviews, negotiations, inspections, etc. with two Korean DVM, Ph.d's, a translator from the embassy, a member of AMS (Agricultural Marketing Service, a agency official from OPEER (USDA Investigations), and a agency official from Foreign Liason, another agency. It was a long day, and talks were pretty heated. I thought at one point the Koreans were going to pull out, it all worked out though and agreements were settled. At stake was almost a billion in foreign trade between too countries.

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud] [bow] Hooray!! [applaud] That's fantastic!

11. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:shock: WHAT?! You mean we actualy still export something other than jpbs!?! :shock:

;) [gone]

12. CRC

and going off to Hotlanta ...next weekend!

Buffett show on the 2nd....

FIFTH ROW! DEAD CENTER! b:: [touchdown] [applaud] [bow]

Life is good my friends...

Yep.

Must be doing something right..

Half price tickets......right up front...

Invite to Private party at the "Cheeseburger in Paradise"...and a free place to stay....

and some good friends from Hoot Island....

Yep. Life's good on my boat..... :D

13. CRC

I MUST find a "Big Lots" in Jax tomorrow..

$59.99...and I have just the spot for it in my house!

[​IMG]

[touchdown] b::

14. Quigley_Sharps

Whats the world coming too, when I have to work today :dunno:

15. Squirrel

Squirrel Monkey+++

Warren Buffett is giving a speech in Atlanta? Sounds like a hoot. Be careful there, as I hear all the accountants like to swarm the stage when Warren starts talking numbers. It's gonna be a madhouse I tell ya.

16. CRC

Yeah...Uncle Warren especially likes the grass skirts...and the margarita's strong... :D

17. E.L.

Nice avatar change CRC..............

18. CRC

I thought y'all might like her .....

now how am I to ever go back to being coffee lady?? [raspberry]

19. E.L.

Sweet! :D

20. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

ruff ruff, where's my meth?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7