This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I got a very cool Kershaw at WalMart this weekend...assisted opening...black...and cheap!

I think it will now by my carry blade in my purse..I love the assisted open...! b::

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes, the Ken Onion Kershaw's are awesome. I have bought six of them. Three as gifts.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Im not real sure I understand on the 'assisted opening' knives. What is the difference that keeps cops from screwing with you over them as opposed to a switchblade?

4. CRC

The distinctions between an "assisted opening" knife and a switchblade are twofold. First, an assisted opening knife requires the user to move the blade 1/4th of the way through the opening swing whereas a switchblade opens on a simple button press. Second, where it is typically legal or permitted for law enforcement (and sometimes EMTs) to possess a switchblade (to quickly cut through seat belts clothing or shoe laces), it is not generally acceptable for a civilian to have any but assisted opening or manually opening folding knives. If caught with a switchblade, expect the minimum penalty to be confiscation. Anything worse would depend on the situation and the broad discretionary power law enforcement has.
    Note that this distinction is not always clear to the Federal authorities and that U.S. Customs has periodically seized imported shipments of such knives. Then legitimate, law-abiding firms such as CRKT have had to engage expensive attorneys to get their property released. Similar delays of time and money are something which an individual civilian user may not be able to afford either to recover property or to avoid prosection. There are sources on the Internet to get law enforcement switchblades but they should be avoided.

5. E.L.

I don't know of anyone that has ever been arrested for carrying a Ken Onion Kershaw. [LMAO]

6. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

RH, you gotta love them guys though... :lol:

7. CRC

8. CRC

Ok....2 things..

One...= Good. My daughter has asked me to pay for her to take the CCW course and wants me to help her pick something out...

Two = not so sure....THIS is the guy in charge of our tailgate..

The one on fire.

uh huh......

Yeah...ought to be one for the books...Glad Mags is joining us! (pssst..and there will be a webcam....holy crap!)

http://media.putfile.com/fire166

9. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Is she coming with y'all to Dallas-so you have adult supervision?

10. monkeyman

Cool deal, glad to hear it.

11. CRC

Hey...I offered...But it appears HER guy...Kenny Chesney ...is playing in Jax the same night..

Oh well... :dunno:

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

fixed the broken windo today...

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You are QUICK with jigsaw puzzles, I'll bet -- [raspberry]

14. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

All work and no play makes the G-man a dull boy.

15. monkeyman

Well, looks like my day should be full tomorrow. Seems a friend who works at the local pig farm has 2 pigs he is suposed to shoot in the morning due to injuries and if I show up they are mine and if not they will just be disposed of so looks like I get to butcher 2 pigs tomorrow. :D

16. E.L.

:lol: [LMAO]

17. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[bestpost] [gone]

18. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I hope that you're all having a SPECTACULAR Spring day! :)

19. CRC

Ok....you...you and Colt?

Knock it off.

I'm the adult. [raspberry] :D

besides, I have Mags...! [winkthumb]

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

THAT awaits proof -- [raspberry]

And how will that save you? All the more need for an on site guardian -- [winkthumb] :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7