This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup. [boozingbuddies] No need to wait for Ghost on that one. :)

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How Nice...

(where's Tracy?? [LMAO] )

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well some work finaly came through for a while. Ive been getting 8-10 hours most days for the last week or so litteraly and completely removing the roof (as in to the top of the walls) from a house that is being moved to a new location where we will be replacing the roof and reshingleing it, plus get a couple hours paid time riding to and from the work site each day.

On top of that have been cleaning up a bunch of the metal junk around the farm and takeing it to sell for scrap and working on all the spring chores like trying to get the garden ready and so pastures cleared and so on.

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know was still alive, just finaly getting some paying work as well as lots of work around home so havent had much computer time and probably still wont have a lot for the another week or so at least. [beer]

4. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

[peep]

5. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

:lol:

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome back Mr. Pink Hat.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Hurry Back MM !!!! Congrats on the work [winkthumb]

8. CRC

What E.L. said!

I was going to post and ask if anyone had seen him...on Wednesday!

and he shows up....kind of like a super hero.....! [touchdown]

:D

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The Lady was a Scamp

Funny Story from today.

I was between 2 client offices today and I had decided to stop at a local sport center to see what that had in the way of knives. I'm looking for one for my Grandson's 10th birthday and I wanted to spec out the choices before I brought him in.

Anyway, I'm dressed for office work today, pink silk blouse, blazer, trousers - you get the picture. I figured that since I was stopping there anyway, I'd bring in some Sadlak samples to see if the shop was interested in carrying our line. The gun room is at the very back of the shop and there were 7 or 8 guys in there who looked like they were just back from the bush, their rifles on the counter, and enjoying lots of good natured talk. As I walked in, total silence fell over the group. It was as if I had just walked into the men's room by mistake - all eyes were on my. The time has passed when I could consider the eyeballing a tribute to my feminine wiles so it had to be that I had envaded a male bastion. The man behind the counter must have assumed that I had wander in by mistake and left the guys to rush up and ask "Were you looking for something ma'am?" I pulled my parts out of my bag, put them on the counter, and began to explain in what ways they were be best M14/M1A parts available (pardon my prejudice.) Before you know it, all of the guys in the room had circled around and were listening to the discussion about USGI specs, receivers, gas systems, etc. and asking questions. After I passed cards out to everybody, I made arrangements with the gun manager to go back next week and install a mount of his SA so he could use it as a demo. Feeling like I should give a little shake and zip up my trousers, I left, still female, still older than anyone in the room, but a little straighter in the back and a little taller in my stance. A good day.

10. CRC

[applaud] [applaud] [bow]

Great story RH...thank you for sharing that with us!

11. Quigley_Sharps

[ditto] well done

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Here I am. (and - I agree) [winkthumb]

13. Tracy

RH; You ROCK!!! b::

14. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

She's just sizing up the competition :D [gone]

15. Tracy

I think it's a still-shot from a documentary;
    Wild Chicks and Their Native Habitat
    Species; Stupidous blondeous.
    [winkthumb]

16. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

17. E.L.

RH that was priceless. After laughing out loud my folks and my wife looked at me kind of odd, so I read your post and they all got a big laugh out of your story. You are awesome.

18. CRC

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
    Home again, home again, dancing a jig;
    To market, to market, to buy a fat hog;
    Home again, home again, jiggety-jog;
    To market, to market, to buy a plum bun,
    Home again, home again, market is done.

Sooooo much to catch up on...didn't even turn a computer on the last 3 days... :D

19. E.L.

I knew mom wasn't wrong! Like the Waterboy said...."m-m-mmmm Momma says"

20. Quigley_Sharps

:dunno:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7