This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

See how geographically challenged I am????

I always think everything "over there" is close... :D

It's like 1200 miles from me.....but I'm going... b::

I know! Phone calls from the concert! Now that works...I do believe Mags was the recipient of a few Drunk Dials from the last phlocking... [raspberry]

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Today after the sun came out - more snow due tonight
    [​IMG]

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

VA does NOT have scenery like New England. :)

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I got the photo just in time. We had an actual whiteout this afternoon but now, most of it is gone. Weatherman says a possibility of 8" tonight??????????? Off with the sandles and on with shoes ugh

5. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Righthand, someday spring will arrive. I keep telling myself that anyway, while I watch it rain, and rain, and rain, and rain, and rain. :(

6. RightHand

We've got about 3" now and it's still coming down...

7. CRC

I think I don't need to participate in this.....

It is the stuff songwriters and poets write about lately...absolutely gorgeous!

[gone]

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

It can’t decide if it wants to rain or snow here.

9. CRC

Alright ..Texas people...I need a hat for the concert...a cowboy hat....ie: When in Rome, et al.....

Any suggestions on where to shop? Or is just being in Texas good enough???

10. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice

11. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I'll have to look for you a hat.

12. ghostrider

It ain't all hat, either, sometimes it takes attitude.
    CRC before and after her hat.
    carboat_672. i_wish_these_were_brainsthumb_137.

13. CRC

I will behave...I will behave..I will behave...I will behave...I will behave...I will behave..I will behave...I will behave..I will behave...I will behave...I will behave...I will behave..

and I will not talk about other HOOT Island Founding members going with us..... [angel]

whew...

That was not easy...

[gone]

14. CRC

Maybe this is where Andy and milhol are???

http://www.realbeer.com/news/articles/news-002876.php

Toads for beer
    Australians promote humanitarian acts by trading beers for live toads

Mar 20, 2006 - Animal activists in Australia have set up a toad-for-beer exchange in order to promote humanitarian disposal of toads.

RSPCA Australia, Coopers Brewery in the Cavenagh Hotel in Darwin teamed with three Darwin organizations after a local film aired depicting toad hunters in a simulated orgy of killing.

Here's how it works: Anyone over the age of 18 who captures a toad and delivers it alive to the Darwin RSPCA qualifies for a glass of Coopers beer at the Cavenagh Hotel. Sean Gould of Coopers said the limit for beer vouchers was six per day, although hunters could turn in more toads.

"We want to encourage the humane treatment of animals," acting chief executive of RSPCA Darwin Lindsay Wilkinson said.

Cavenagh Hotel general manager Brett Simmonds added: "It's all about the toads, not about the beer."

The toads must be alive. "No coupons for squashed toads," Wilkinson said.

The RSPCA will then kill the toads with sodium pentobarbitone, an overdose of barbiturates administered with a few drops on the skin that kills toads immediately. "It's the most humane way to kill an animal," Wilkinson.

Published : Mar 20, 2006
    Search The Real Beer Library For More Articles Related To: AUSTRALIA

15. ghostrider

Oh, that's a new low, freakin' bleeding heart toad huggers.

16. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Live today like it means something (because it does!)!!

[scroll:7e38957015] :) Have a TERRIFIC day! [winkthumb] [/scroll:7e38957015]

17. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Will work for guns since I'll be collecting Unenjoyment benefits, got laid off Friday, too many projects winding down at once. :(

18. CRC

Maybe we should start a business... :dunno: Sorry to hear that CC.... :(

by the way....My guy made the top 5 most requested... :D

Tim McGraw (music) and Faith Hill (music)'s "Soul2Soul II" tour was Ticketmaster's "most requested event" during the first quarter of 2006, based on online page views, information requests and ticket sales from Jan. 1 through March 31. (Ticketmaster is LiveDaily's parent company.)

According to a Ticketmaster press release, the Top 5 was rounded out by Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, David Gilmour and Bon Jovi.

19. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Sorry Colt, Time to go fishing, I hear the steelhead and salmon are in near you.

20. CRC

ghost? is that woman standing in front of..what I think she is standing in front of???

huh? well...? is she???

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7