This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes...I use some Bergamot.......or sandalwood...Not much..The bergamot is not floral or sweet and had a nice crisp scent....

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Had considered it but the only escential oils in the house are some of Tinas and mostly all rather floral. Figured smelling like he was wearing ladies perfume might not be a desired effect so stuck with the other, which didnt work as well as hoped but it will be fully functional and not smell as bad.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That would make him popular over in the sandbox.

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

That might make him TOO popular, having hand cream, and smelling like a ho.

5. monkeyman

[LMAO] Yeah do kind of figure though that not to many of the guys especialy other than his own crew razzing him, would be stupid enouph to tell the chopper piolot he smelled like a ho as it just might be a real long dry walk home when he forgot to come back and pick them up. lol

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One walk thru the compound, and "Don't ask, don't tell" won't mean a thing. There will be two groups --

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Hehehe.
    The Sniper needing Lotion thing was serious?

:lol:

8. ghrit

I've heard the same "dry skin" thing from other sources, I think it's real enough. :dunno: Especially dry hands ~~ (I will go no further down that thought path/process.) :lol:

9. monkeyman

Well I dont think it was an imediate need so much as that it was something that would be needed once he made it to the sandbox. I had the stuff to make up some excelent cream though and while I may not be able to do as much as some am happy to do what little I can to help support and help out those who are helping me and mine by leaving their families to go off and keep the fight there instead of in the streets here so that I am able to stay here with my family. So made up about a quart of the stuff in its most concentrated form.

I didnt bother to add the oil to thin it down and make it stay liquid, I just rendered it down, added a bit of mens cologn to try to mask the natural aromas of the lanolin and poured it into a metal can about like the small coffee cans. At normal room temps it is a stiff solid but if its at about 100 degrees or so as figure it will be there it will become more like a paste and as solid works fine just a bit harder to apply.

I found out how well it worked whn butchering the sheep since I have heavy callouses on my hands but after a day and a half messing with the sheep and coating my hands in this they were soft as a babies back side and by no means dry any more, so figured send him off with a good batch of this that should do at least as well as a couple gallons of comercial stuff. Little enouph but at least something I can do.

10. ghrit

You do good things, bub. Now if only Sniper can manage another run past your place and stop off to pick it up --. (Good military excuse: Pick up some experimental war zone materials.)

11. monkeyman

[LMAO] [beer]

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[center:0adcb77e62]Spring is here! Spring is here!
    The wood is oiled, the windows; clear.
    Spent a day at the park with the merry-go-round,
    Spent a day in each bedroom - the floors have been found!
    The donation boxes are filling up fast,
    Cupboards are cleaned out - no shelf has been past.
    The house is all filled with kids and their friends,
    The fun and the laughter never seems to end!
    Oh Glorious spring! I'm so glad you're here!
    I really believe you're the best time of year!![/center:0adcb77e62]

[scroll:0adcb77e62]I hope that you're all having a SPECTACULAR Spring!!![/scroll:0adcb77e62]

14. CRC

[applaud] Thank you Tracy!!

Now...wanna come help me? Vacation at the Beach? :D

We can put on grass skirts...make some margarita's...and pretend we're at a concert.....we'll already be on the island....! [winkthumb]

[boozingbuddies] (that one in the middle never could hold her liquor...doesn't know when to stop!)

15. CRC

I am thinking Dallas may be some trouble waiting to happen...They've now got the flag of the Conch Republic..and making up pledges..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the inebriated state of Margaritaville
    And to the Conch Republic for which it stands
    One Island under God's Own Drunk
    Incognito with libations and boat drinks for all

and....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the sandy beaches of Key West and
    Margaritaville . And to the Conch Republic for which it stands, one Pirate
    Nation under God's Own Drunk, with fruitcakes, Havana daydreamin' and
    shakers of salt for all.
    [boozingbuddies]

Yep...

Trouble.

:D

16. Tracy

:lol: I know that girl! :lol:

You know I'd love to come and help you! Unfortunately, I don't get time off for good behavior [winkthumb], so those... whadyacallem... vacations?... are not highly likely in my future.

Let's see. (in my best Pooh voice): Think, think, think... We can have a virtual vacation: Turn on the music, open your window so I can hear the beach, call me. I'll put you on my speakerphone and start the margaritas! :D

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

18. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[raspberry] Yeah, I know that girl too :lol:

No time off for good behaviour, what a jerk you must live with for not coming up with the $$$ for you to travel 2000 miles away to attend a concert. Couldn't he get a second job or something? [winkthumb]

19. CRC

Not a concert....CC...sheeeesh...get it right...

A pretend concert... [LMAO]

If I was gonna ask her to go to a concert...I'd say Dallas... :D

(that's not 2000 miles is it????) [raspberry]

20. Tracy

He's right. :( My house to Dallas; Total Est. Distance: 2144.54 miles :cry:

Got that window open yet? [winkthumb]

I don't know what you're talking about. :unsure:
    [angelsad]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary