This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Our weather today:
    Snowed this morning.
    Sun (melted the snow).
    Rain.
    Hail.
    Snow/Rain mix.
    Sun.
    Here comes some clouds... I'm not really sure what to expect from them.

Yep! Just another average day in the Great Northwest. :dunno:

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

still snowing here
    [gone]

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Still gorgeous here..

Matter of fact ..I went and bought a new toy...

Aluminum...so light I can pick it up easy with one hand..Perfect for beach and around the island cruising! b:: [touchdown]

and I got one of those funny bells ...because it made me laugh.. :D

and yes..it's pink..really... [raspberry]

[​IMG]

4. Quigley_Sharps

snow quit suns out might get warm today

5. Tracy

CRC- I Love the bike! Very Girly-Girl!

FIESTA here today!!!
    Pinata, cake, party and her favorite; mexican food, for dinner afterwards. Should be feeding around 17 this evening (can I have margaritas at a kid's party?!? LOL).
    BIG FUN! Ole'!

6. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I could've given you my daughter's old bike that she outgrew. That is, she got too tall to ride, since she's now 11.

7. CRC

Should have given it to me..dang it..

I've been this tall since the 6th grade ..when I was 11....I know I'm short...

It's ok...My daughter used to hate being only 5'2" until I pointed out that she was shorter than ALL the boys in school......which increased the availability of boys for dating...Unlike her very tall friends... ;)

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Im to much of a worst case mind set for the test, I got 7 of 11 the first time through based on options they offered and what info they gave.

I missed the avalanche one since assumed you were where getting out of its way wqasnt an option and had alwasy heard you go fetal position to trap air with you and trying to 'swim' out didnt work and would leave you with no air. Figured on the snake bite that you were still in the middle of the wilds days from help so infection would be less threat than poisons that could kill them much quicker and that you had no wounds/sores in your mouth.
    Missed the one falling overboard since assumed wearing sweat suit and coveralls and so on and no life vest so stuff that would soak up the water quick and take you under so risk the cold to keep acess to air and swim back to the boat.
    I got the shark one right just because had read here first but their anwser was stupid, they said while scuba diveing and the shark comes up p[oke it in the eye with a stick? :eek: Ok, if youre scuba diveing and were not planning on this then where the hell are you getting the stick from and if you were planning on it then why didnt you either stay away from the shark in the first place or bring something a hell of a lot better than a stick?
    Then I got the one right on the robbers cause I know the PC anwser but figure depends on their demienor would most likely comply while the gun was at my head then if they seemed to be a real threat look for the first chance to kill him.

I dont like to little info and only getting to pick from someone elses ideas. [raspberry]

9. Tracy

Some days; the most courageous thing that you can do is put both feet on the floor and get out of bed. :(

10. Quigley_Sharps

Amen

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We spent about an hour today clearing thorns and brush out of the way for our lean-to. My 13 yr. old id a good job with the hatchet and saw, and we have most of the framework for the lean-to up. I am trying to teach her a few outdoor skills, and we are starting with emergency shelter. After cutting down small trees with a little saw, and ever increasingly dull hatchet, I think she has a new appreciation for the chainsaw. I know (huff, puff) that I do. If I don't foget the camera I will add some pics later.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

sounds cool E.L.
    [beer]

13. Tracy

[center:4d6884dab2] [beer]
    May you live a long life full of gladness and health,
    With a pocket full of gold as the least of your wealth.
    May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true,
    And the kindness you spread always come back to you. [/center:4d6884dab2]

[scroll:4d6884dab2]HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY[/scroll:4d6884dab2]

14. Quigley_Sharps

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY back to ya [boozingbuddies]

15. Tracy

It's a bright, beautiful, sunshiny, spring-like day here in my slice of the world!

I hope that you're all having a SPECTACULAR day!!

16. monkeyman

Dose anyone here have much experience with banding critters?

17. Tracy

The awareness of a child;

We got our newest National Geographic, complete with global earthquake map. Son looks at it and says "They (pointing to Asia) have to worry about an earthquake? I mean, they've already got that bird thing to worry about."

I don't recall ever having thought about world viruses as a child.

18. CRC

When I was a kid....we didn't have a television..My dad said people would stop reading so he wouldn't buy one...There was sooooo much we had no clue about.....We just did what kids are supposed to do...
    Went to school...studied...homework..and played outdoors a lot...

No...Current affairs was not our strong suit.....but the advent of the internet..and the media coverage everytime someone opens their mouth......and reality shows...Well..children know more today than I did anyway...Can't , and won't speak for any others here....
    Just me.

19. monkeyman

Ok, just a little tip here for anyone who may be considering something like this. Dont try to rend sheep fat on a wood stove in a closed up house. The aroma of it as it is being rendered is not as plesant as one might think. :dunno:

BTW, Sniper, you alergic to perfumes and such? Am working on makeing up lotions and figured to send some your way. Figure will most likely lightly scent it to cover the smell of lambchops :D Stuff works great if skin is dry but dose smell a bit like dinner at a greek resteraunt if it has no scents added. Figured would add just a touch of cologn just to offset that. Let me know how ever soon you can.

20. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Suggestion mm - add an essential oil for scent instead of perfume or cologne which are alcohol based.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7