This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol: Well, if nothing else, you'll see some new tricks. I've moved a prefab house (small, but assembled) off the transporter onto a foundation once. That was enough for me. I've seen a two story victorian looking thing, complete with brick fascia, moved about 100 yards without disturbing the mortar. Quite a trick, that. Lots of beams, lots of jacks, and no drag racing allowed. Took two days, four guys and a winch.

Should be a bit of fun till it's done. Luck, and stay uphill. b::

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This one is pretty nuts. Its a smallish farm house thats about 100 years old and ate up by termites and such, not worth that much. As I understand the owner payed 5k for the house where it is and has to move it about 40-50 miles so is paying a bunch to have it moved plus a second person she has to pay (the tree guy I work with who also has/runs a crane) to remove the entire roof from the house and move it seperate to avoid about 20k in expense for moveing lines and such then get it in place and put it all back togeather as well as putting up a new foundation for it. The are probably going to be paying around 60k+ by the time its all said and done and still have to repair the stuff done to move it, like cutting holes about 3' x 5" all the way through the house in about 4 places for supports to go through and bolt into the walls and so on. In our area you could buy a decent newish house of similar size on a couple of acres for that price if not less, but its a paycheck for a while. :dunno:

3. ghrit

I may have to move to that area for that price, but I think I don't need an old farmhouse. (At least not one that has to be moved.) Something hiding in the walls she wants, maybe? Sure hope the foundation is ready, or you guys will be back to set it and recover the iron and timber some time later. Pretty pricey, as you say. Also a paycheck, not at all a bad thing. Might just need pix of this one, the owners might like a set, and we sure will want to see it. :D

Like I said, stay UPHILL -- [winkthumb]

4. monkeyman

Yeah cost of living around here isnt bad at all but pay isnt that great either especialy unless you are realy specialized. I gathered they poured the foundation yesterday or some such and we still have a few days before can jack it up not to mention a week or so of tearing off the roof and cutting it loose from the walls and moveing it in probably 4 sections to a trailer. So far its still setting on the foundation and Im not likely to be in on it when its actualy got wheels under it but I tend to try and avoid being in the path of moveing objects that much bigger than me. [winkthumb] lol

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[scroll:c379a8b7a4] :D SMILE :D [/scroll:c379a8b7a4]

6. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thank you Tracy...

Very Much.... :)

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

[boozingbuddies]

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

LOL [bestpost]

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

10. monkeyman

Well, the boy came home from school today and let us know there was a new noise on the monkeyman farm. Ouw younger female had goat had her kids today! This was her first ones and one of the twins didnt make it but the other one seems to be doing well. Her older sister should pop anytime this week so we now have one baby and should have from 1 to 3 more by next week! The bunnies are also starting to produce babies for us and they are out running around and trying to dodge the cats.
    Pretty cool day today all in all. [beer]

11. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Goat boinger.

12. ghrit

Welcome back, Pinky -- [gone]

13. CRC

Hey you...

Have a good birthday??? [touchdown]

14. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

b:: Summer is saved!!! b::

It's snowing, right now, at my house!

I'm hoping for enough to fill the canning pot for our Authentic Snow Cones later this summer.

15. monkeyman

Well the other goat had her twins yesterday so we now have 3 new goats doing well in addition to the 3 we already had. Doubled the herd in a couple of days, now it we can double it a few more times should be doing good. :D

16. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:eek: :eek: [bow]

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

here too

18. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Quit snowing here just a little while ago.

19. CRC

Mid 80's...Sunshine...Breezes coming in off the Ocean....It is an absolutely gorgeous day!

AND we have at least 3-4 days of this!!!!

Perfect weather..just perfect! [applaud] :D

[touchdown]

20. ghrit

Lwo 70s, a bit of a breeze. Can't beat it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7