This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Super glue would have been far easier.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

And I have used it too...

Ashamed to say I am out of it....and the kind the nurse at the Dr's office gave me...I can't seem to find that..........

But I spent some time looking for it...

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Thought I'd share my giggle for the day::unsure:

Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for Anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Used it a few times, glued a 6" cut on my dogs leg once.

5. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Connie,

I think it best if you did call in sick, as you better sleep in and tend to your wound [winkthumb]

6. CRC

I knew you were the smartest man on here..... [beer]

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Worked on a collage campus today and came to the conclusion that if these are the best and brightest of our future then the future is going to be flat out scary!
    We had the trucks in there, me running around in a hard hat, baracades across the sidewalks, cones around the work area on the street, wide red tape that says DANGER in bold black letters run from the buildin to the cones in the street and the trucks them selves to block off the area where we were working and dropping logs and brush and such. This is all in the middle of the block and about 20 yards or so from where the sidewalk goes to the entrance of the building, so they had to jump the tape or walk across the street in the middle of the block to go between the cones and we STILL HAD NO FEWER THAN 6 PEOPLE walk into the work area, most of them while saws and or the chipper were running. We even had one woman that appeared to be one of the professors walk through toward the end of the day! How much intelegence dose it take to know that walking through an area blocked off by danger tape and cones and wooden baracades where theres heavy machienery and the people in the area are wearing hard hats, is a BAD idea? And what dose it say for the universities when their students and even faculty cant figure this out? [beat] [beat] [beat] [beat] [beat] :eek: [elim] o_O [rant off]

8. CRC

MM? When they're that age...they are invincilbe and immortal...

I remember feeling like that.......

Then I became mortal....it was one hell of an awakening! :rolleyes: :D

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

be nice, they are the ones that are going to elect Hillary

10. CRC

My 20 yr old daughter went from Teen Age Republicans to Young Republicans...

They are all very conservative in their politics....her crowd anyway..they were all in the FCA and TAR in school....all involved in sports and church.....Natl Honor Society , etc.....

But they are also ALL about the money......I get soooo frustrated trying to talk to/with them....They think Republican = Wealth and refuse to listen to anything else..At least some of them understand they have to work at this wealth thing..and it isn't just a byproduct of they politics.... :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just want to smack them.... :rolleyes: :D

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My buddy Mags just came by and spent a couple of hours with me, it sure was good to see him. We monkeys need to see more of each other.

12. Galactus

Main Entry: col·lage
    Pronunciation: k&-'läzh, ko-, kO-
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, literally, gluing, from coller to glue, from colle glue, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin colla, from Greek kolla
    1 : an artistic composition made of various materials (as paper, cloth, or wood) glued on a surface
    2 : the art of making collages
    3 : an assembly of diverse fragments <a collage of ideas>
    4 : a work (as a film) having disparate scenes in rapid succession without transitions

Main Entry: col·lege
    Pronunciation: 'kä-lij
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin collegium society, from collega colleague -- more at COLLEAGUE
    1 : a body of clergy living together and supported by a foundation
    2 : a building used for an educational or religious purpose
    3 a : a self-governing constituent body of a university offering living quarters and instruction but not granting degrees <Balliol and Magdalen Colleges at Oxford> b : a preparatory or high school c : an independent institution of higher learning offering a course of general studies leading to a bachelor's degree d : a part of a university offering a specialized group of courses e : an institution offering instruction usually in a professional, vocational, or technical field <business college>
    4 : COMPANY, GROUP; specifically : an organized body of persons engaged in a common pursuit or having common interests or duties
    5 a : a group of persons considered by law to be a unit b : a body of electors -- compare ELECTORAL COLLEGE
    6 : the faculty, students, or administration of a college

intelegence= intelligence???
    dose=does?
    theres=there's?

I am just playing with you, because of the irony of your post. [peep] [troll]

13. monkeyman

Yeah my spelling deffinatly sucks especialy when I dont wait on the spell checker. lol

14. Galactus

Patience Grasshopper, act not like the kid with ADHD. [beat]

15. monkeyman

lol My conectin is just way to slow so use the quick reply a lot, saves at least a couple of minutes per post with dial up and on an old computer.

16. CRC

So apparently I left the television on last night...downstairs...on Fox or some other channel that shows old sitcoms..

Does anyone remember "Bosom Buddies"?? That is what was on when I got up this morning....

We all know what happened to Tom Hanks...but what about that other guy? Peter Scolari?

What the heck happened to him? Did he just disappear in to that land where he shows up as a contestant on some game show occasionally?? Or old clips on some Dick Clark "Bloopers" show??

Where did he go???

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

What a day yesterday, storm came in with lots of snow ,
    My truck crapped a ignition module,
    Furnace crapped out an inducer fan,
    and the lady at the transfer station didn’t like my stove drop :eek:

18. CRC

I swear...it's the simple things in life that get me thru....make me content..

There is not much better than fresh ground coffee first thing in the morning...I don't know why I even buy that other stuff...

What a great way to start the day......... [cof]

:D

19. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had a full day. I took my oldest four wheeler riding, we had a good time playing in the mud! Then took her to volleyball practice, went to Lowe's, talked to a good friend on the phone, came home and washed four wheelers, took the babv for a quick ride, ate supper and played with the babv...........who is now walking. Wow they get big quick.

20. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sounds like a great day E.L. Tuck the memory away so you can call it out when you're having a gray day.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7