This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Had another set of every Electronic item in a Cabin Stolen over the weekend... :evil:
    I'm going to have to install some type of High tech camera that calls me when it sees motion. This is getting ridiculous. Over $20,000 in theft this year.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You need the Survival Monkey Security Services.

Or maybe the Trunk Monkey.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Motion sensing and tracking M60 sounds like a good plan to me but unfortunatly Johney law frowns on them.

4. melbo

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If you go with a survailence camera that way I would say find a place in your area that carries them and has a show room or whatever so you can see the feed from one first and make sure they have good clear images, then if you want could shop for the best price on the right modle. I know constantly see vidio of robberies and such on the news from banks, convenience stores and so on and the images are so grainey and screwed up it would be near impossible to ID the people shown even if you knew them and saw them every day.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

What a F*&% day ,3 hrs to get home( Norm is a hour) chained up all of my vehicles tonight, freaking snow and ice storm and nobody is taking care of the roads cause of the holiday, nobody wants to work anymore,
    Nobody can drive on ice anymore either...............rant off :mad:

7. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yum, snowcones.

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Do you and Mrs Sharps need a visit to the Beach?

Going to be around 80 today...... :rolleyes:

Got a Welcome mat out.....

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Exactly my thoughts! I've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for snow here this year. We only had enough for a light dusting in mid-December.

I need enough to fill my canning pot. We put it in the freezer and then, in the heat of summer, we have SNOWcones. We're the only family on the block that makes our snow cones out of real snow... and the kids love it!

10. Quigley_Sharps

Thank you
    If i ever do i will give you a call for sure.
    I lived in the Dunedin area for a year in 84, Was a nice time.

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't think I will ever cease to be amazed by the personal information most people are willing to divulge. Why do people think that just because a question is asked that they are obliged to answer. Do they not realize that every time they offer their address, their mothers maiden name, join mailing lists, use shopper cards, enter sweepstakes, answer questions to a phone survey (which may not be a blind survey) etc. they are creating a profile of themselves. If information is power, those who hold information about you hold power you may not be eager to cede. I hate being paranoid but paranoid I am.

12. Quigley_Sharps

I’m with you RH I have almost been into fights over my SS # I don’t give it out.
    Or my Phone # to Washington Businesses over the sales tax.

13. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Truce: A cessation or suspension of hostilities by agreement of the opposing sides. A respite from a disagreeable state of affairs.

If they taste like chicken all bets are off :p

14. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Excuse me while I go walkabout..

WHY do I watch the local news?? (Well..Jacksonville....) A 1st grade teacher is in jail tonight for raping a 14 yr old girl after a basketball game..

That's all I saw before I turned it off....

I think I need some coffee and a good book..some fiction..Bubblegum for the mind....

15. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sounds like you need to head to Margaritaville.

16. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

You know my suggestion ;)

I can't watch the news hardly anymore, either - certainly not while the kids are up. :evil:

17. melbo

18. melbo

SM is pleased to announce the new GhostRider ™ smilie:
    [GR]

Can be used like this:
    Code:
     [GR] 

19. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I'm honored to have this distinction.
    Is this to replace or just supplement the potstirrer smilie?
    Or does it just replace a couple of trolls. [troll]

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[GR] Works for me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7