This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think you are in for an enlightening exposure to truth rather than legend -- :D

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement ghrit.... :rolleyes: ;)

Enlightening experience......literally.

3. CRC

I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave...I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave...I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave...I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave.....I will behave.....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave....I will behave...

whew.....I feel evah so much better.....

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:sneaky:

5. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Dang wimmin, all alike. :rolleyes:
    I asked if you could see, you showed me you could type and told me you felt better. [nono]
    Even told me how much better you felt.
    And y'all have the gall to blame communication problems on US. [whistle2]

6. CRC

Ghost?

I can see you.

Now, don't ask me what time it is , or I may just tell you how to build a clock..... [raspberry]

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

[ROFL]

8. CRC

This week, in history...

1996, Jimmy Buffett, Island Records chairman Chris Blackwell, and U2 singer Bono are taking off in Buffett's seaplane in Jamaica when authorities open fire on them, mistaking them for drug traffickers ... nobody is hurt, no drugs are found, and the authorities are contrite ... Buffett gets a song out of it, "Jamaica Mistaica"...

"and there wasn't even a spliff..."

9. CRC

I do believe that Coffee is the Nectar of the Gods....

I can't imagine life without it.....T?? You concur?? ;) :D

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, I get to go spend a good part of the day tomorrow at the lawyers office (no not for anything with idiots on the web), we are going in to try and get things started on a wrongful death, med mal and so on case over my best friend that died 2-2-05 when the hospital said he was all better after a week in there and could go home and take some pills and be fine, then he coded trying to get in the truck in the parking lot and it took them around 30 minutes to get any help there (ER staff and the ambulance that had been parked at the ER doors got there at the same time) after they were notified and we were within less than 100 yards of the ER doors right under the chopper pad. Even still they managed to get a pulse back for several hours. Hopefuly all will go well and weather we get much or anything out of it can hopefuly at least make it sting the hospital, ambulance service and 911 service (who didnt want to do anything for me since I couldnt give them a number to call back at as I was on a cell phone with no service and they werent interested in any other info untill they had that) to get some things changed so that others dont go through the same thing.

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Monkeyman , I’m sorry for your loss.

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

They only understand when it cost them $$$$$$$$$.

When my dad died in 04', he sat in a room in the hospital for about three hours after telling the emergency room staff he was having stroke-like symptoms. When he finally had the big one, it was too little too late.

Make the bastards think about the next one.

13. monkeyman

Yeah these are the same A$$ holes where I took Tina once (only due to her asking to go there) when she was haveing chest pains, short of breath, dizzy, tingling in her left arm, etc (showing major signs of a heart attack) and we told the lady behind the glass what was going on and she sent us to the waiting room to set. We sat there a little over half an hour and they never even bothered to take her vitals to determine if she was haveing a heart attack or not and just left her set there. Tina finaly realized if we didnt leave and go to a real hospital I was going to need a LOT of bail money at the least so we left and drove to another hospital across town and as soon as we told them 'chest pains' she didnt even get to set down at the desk to check in or give info, they put her in a wheel chair, sent her to triage to get vitals and such then got her on an EKG in the ER. It turned out to be nothing but thats NOT what the symptoms suggested.
    Also knew a guy from school who was gut shot but nothing that should have been THAT big of a deal now days, he walked in to the ER doors there and they made him set in the waiting room untill he bleed to death. They also usualy make the news on average of at least once a month for something like that and the majority of the BS that goes on there never even makes the news.

It looks like we will be able to get the case going on a contingency basis but we have to come up with like $300 for fileing fees first, so hopefuly can get some work and come up with the cash soon.

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Went to the new Bass Pro Shop today with the Wife and Daughter....
    Man that place is HUGE. Was surprised at some of the High end stuff they carry. Full Surefire, Swarovsky, Zeiss lines. Mostly hunting rifles and shotguns but they did have a pretty good selection of Modern hanguns.

Had a sign on the door that told me npot to bring any weapons into the store :eek:

15. monkeyman

Thats something worth the trip if you have time before or after the get together in June, we are just like about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Springfield where the main Bass pro shop is at. That place is HUGE and has a museam as well as an outlet.

16. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was similarly amused by the same type of sign at the Springfield Armory. It is run by the National Park Service but it seemed funny to see "Absulutely No Firearms Permitted" at the entrance door to thousands of weapons

17. CRC

18. melbo

Truce: A cessation or suspension of hostilities by agreement of the opposing sides. A respite from a disagreeable state of affairs.

19. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Where and by whom?

20. melbo

Saw that on another forum and liked the way the definition looked...
    That's all. No truces needed as I have no fights anymore ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7