This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[ROFL]

They said I could get outfits to be a pirate...ie: pants and shirts, etc....

and also have wench clothes for the parades...but they only let the guys fire the cannon...

Ha! THAT is about to change........ ;) :D

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[worthless]

3. CRC

Trust me! When I get my pirate clothes?? And figure out my camera?? There WILL be pictures!

They have one girl I met? Judy? but they call her "Deuce" as she is a bit of a "wild card"....they haven't seen anything yet.... :D

I met her..she is a riot! I get to be a pirate! I'm so excited..... b::

Here she is...
    judy-duce_161.

4. E.L.

Cool! My wife needs one of those.......... :D

5. CRC

I can find it for her! :D

Now..I need to think of a cool Pirate name....and you can find my club online at

http://www.fernandinapirates.com/

There is a scrapbook with pictures of a lot of the members......of course one friend of mine said...."Don't know how you can be a member of a club where the biggest function of the year revolves around shrimp; what with your height and all"....

[beat] [nono]

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://buckstix.com/howitzer.htm
    You could get all the directions here and build your own, then no one can tell you you cant shoot it. lol Had to post it anyway, its just an amuseing site, especialy the part that tells about his hunting trip with it!

7. CRC

Thanks MM!

Will look at it tomorrow...I need to eat and do some stuff around here...

and it is getting late..I have to work tomorrow...

Later!

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

So you took the other job offer?
    :D

9. CRC

Tequila...

Beer....
    Sushi rolls..
    Rotessirie Chicken
    Chicken Salad with tarragon..
    Brie cheese and pepper jelly....and Carr's Table Wafers..
    Pate'...and crackers..
    Spinach and Artichoke dip...

Company coming over....My boys in the playoffs.....

Even if they lose , it will be a nice evening.....
    :D

10. CRC

I am definitely considering it.... ;)

11. CRC

Ok...so I've already had a "nap"...

Think I can go back to bed and sleep for almost 12 hours tonight??? :D

I'm thinking I need to test it and see........ [beer]

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:shock:

13. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Transferred to a different project about 3 weeks ago, working downtown Portland on a 18 story, 225 luxury condos building.

I hate riding those construction elevators attached to the exterior of the building but it is better than climbing the stairs to the 16th Floor. Unless, of course parts like the large roller bearings decide to fall off from the 15th Floor and bounce around inside of the tower and fall about 3 ft. away from somebody. There isn't a hardhat that I can think of that would have protected that guy. Glad I wasn't in the dang elevator at the time.

Anybody want to buy a condo, studios start at $250K?

Sky's the limit on the Penthouses...

14. CRC

Sounds like Real Estate here now CC.....
    We just closed on a house in my old neighborhood....3 BR, tract house in a neighborhood....Zero lot line...

$320k...

Built in the early 90's.....for 92,0000

Amazing...just freaking amazing...

I could never afford to buy here again.....getting closer and closer to time to move on....

15. CRC

I could have told you it was almost Full Moon without looking outside tonight..

Glad to put this day to bed......

and tomorrow? I get new contacts and may pick out new glasses for night time...YAY!
    I will be able to see again! b::

16. E.L.

I doesn't matter you know, Ghost is still transparent.

We actually got a little rain last night. Not sure how much, but reports said from .30 to .50. It was really nice, especially since we are 20+ inches below annual rainfall levels. Every county in Texas except for 6 are under burn bans. We are not supposed to even grill outside ;) , which sucks since I have some really nice t-bones just dying to get grilled! ;)

17. CRC

Funny...Just found this on another site...

December 9, 2005 (CNN) While interviewing an anonymous US Special
    Forces soldier, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when
    sniping members of Al Quaeda in Afghanistan. The soldier shrugged and replied......

"Recoil."

18. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Hoooah.

19. CRC

an hour and a half and $700 later..My vision is once again 20/20..

Wow...amazing how much it can change in a year...I thought it was supposd to slow down getting worse after 50!

New contacts, new glasses...new prescription sunglasses...and the visit..

I suppose my eyes are really important....my teeth I can always have replaced..but not my eyes.....

Whole new world with these contacts! b::

20. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Well, I need to give you a quick eye exam, to make sure you can still see. Can you [kissit] see this?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7