This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This morning is both a good day and a bad day for me...(besides having another day off from work on a very long weekend).

The good news is my FFL just replied to my email saying I have the go ahead to put up some handguns for sale on the boards and he'll mail them for me (I truly needed his permission - not that I was too worried about idsubgun telling me no, but it's always nice to ask first).

Bad news is I'm really going to miss those S&W's if they sell.

Sigh... [cof]

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3. TLynn

You get snow and it's pouring down rain on this side of the mountain...go figure!

[cof]

On that note I think I'll brave the downpour (and I do mean downpour) and head for the post office. Enjoy your snow (right now I would prefer that - I'm almost sick of rain). :lol:

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's about 70 here, and send that rain our way TLynn. We are 20 inches under this year.

5. TLynn

I wish I could E.L., we have several rivers that have been at flood stage and I had to wade out to my car to even get into it this morning to go to the post office.

Rain finally tapered off but I think they're expecting another storm to hit by tomorrow. Oh well that's life.

6. E.L.

It's either feast or famine TLynn.

7. TLynn

Ain't that the truth E.L.

Mother Nature at her finest...pouring rain again...sure glad I decided to park the Aztec on the curb. At least now I won't get totally soaked when I try and get into it (the streets are somewhat flooded right now).

:lol: no skiing at Bogus Basin right now - it's all rain! :lol:

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well picked up the hog today and got him swinging now. Thought he was supposed to only be around 500 lbs but seems to be over 600, not bad for $70. I will have to post the pic here in a bit of shooting him since I went ahead and used the AK just so melbo could see me shooting it on the X. lol Besides this critter was huge, hanging he looks almost like a mid to small size beef in size. lol

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Went to a Fun Show today for some 7.62 x 39.
    Not a single ammo dealer at the whole show ;)

Did get to fondle the Bushy 9mm though. Not bad but I wish it took Glock mags

10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

03:45 January 1st and it's 65 degrees here. Gotta love STX weather. I'll probably be in Wyoming next week!

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Went to the flooded range today. Stormy - wind and rain - but still managed to outshoot my Mr. (with his gun - tee hee).

Yep! It's gonna' be a great year ;)

12. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Yeah, you know we won't rub it in.

13. TLynn

You might not rub it in but hell that doesn't mean the rest of us won't! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Chopping up a 600 pound boar with no power tools makes for a long day, and editing a couple hundred pics sucks! lol CD should be done in the next few weeks. b::

15. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

After a nice little 5-6" snowfall on New Years Eve, now we are into major ugly weather. Started to snow yesterday afternoon, turned to rain/sleet for the evening, back to snow last night with 10-15" of heavy stuff expected before it ends. I went out at 4am and plowed for an hour or so. I dread being on the roads today.

16. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My A/C just kicked on and it is set on 76... :rolleyes:

The rain here yesterday? it took me about 8 hours to make a 5 hour trip...at one point , there was no exit to get off on..I couldn't see the side of the road, to pull over....We were driving 25-30 mph on I-10 with flashers on.....

I prayed my way home yesterday.....Tornadoes, Rain, Hail...It was horrible....and the stupid weather channel said I would be moving AWAY from it....

I was exhausted when I got home ...that kind of driving wears you out!

17. CRC

I did a very Buddhist thing today...One of those flying cockroaches got in my kitchen somehow....(they can call them Palmetto Bugs all they want..They are freaking flying roaches....ugh...)

anyway..I decided since it had no poisonous venom..I would pick it up with a tissue and put it back outdoors....and I did.....

Don't know what got in to me ....had that one nice moment.......Must be a holiday hangover feeling or something..... ;)

18. CRC

I joined The Pirate Club Today!!!!!!!

b:: [applaud] [touchdown]

Now I get to pick a Pirate name!!!

Should I start a poll????

That's 2 l's guys..not a "pole".... [nono]

;)

19. CRC

and I got the cutest girly bedroom slippers in the whole world tonight!

It's been a good day......and the wicked witch at work??? Today was her last day!!!!!

20. E.L.

Coffee Wench!

No, really, go get the coffee.........wench. [peep] Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7