This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

1001 posts in this thread.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

RightHand.

Quig and I have spoken about this as have Bear and I. It's amazing that some of my Great friends live over 2000 miles away. I am, as you, constantly amazed at how this all works. This is the age of communication and I'm glad to have another little lilly pad for all of us to land on from time to time.

Looking forward to SM-fest at monkeyman's in the spring.....
    [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer]

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Damn cold this morning, wish I was working inside today.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I was inside. Might as well have been out, the power was down nearly all day. (Electric heat.) High for the day was 26.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You got a gas stove by any chance or even a camp stove? If so you would be absolutely amazed at how much heat you can have if you get a clay flower pot where the top ot it is just a little smaller than the grate over the burner (or slightly larger than the flames on high) and turn it upside down over the burner.
    In my first appartment the heat didnt work and it was a 1 bedroom with windows all around 2 sides and so drafty the curtian moved very noticably in the draft when the wind blew outside. I heated that whole appartment even in sub zero temps with 1 pot on the stove and a fan to stir it and kept it so hot most folks thought it was to hot. Also have used 1 or 2 pots on a stove to heat an entire floor of a 3 bedroom house during power outages and kept it comfortable.

6. ghrit

No such luck, this was the office trailers, not home --. We just went out and started the site vehicles and warmed up a bit that way. Plenty to do in the field as well. :unsure:

7. monkeyman

Ahhh, yeah that kind of sucks. I know when ever we go camping in the winter we take a camp stove an flower pots and when we lived in the city we kept a gas stove and flower pots on hand for any time the power went off.

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I know we all know...but there are some pretty freakin' incrcedible people on this site...This little home we've got here..

Just absolutely awesome folks....

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Flower pots?!? I never would have thought! Thanks MM!!!!!!!

10. CRC

aka:pollyanna.....

I love it!!!!! b::

11. monkeyman

Yup, learned it as a kid when the lights were out for a couple of weeks after an ice storm and thats how dad heated the house.

12. CRC

13. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I was always told that the warmth was in the tools..... [ghrit]

14. CRC

Should I be concerned that a gift from one of the realtors was a jar of "Cookie Cutouts: Moisturizing Body Butter" and a $100 bill???

Is that weird? Or is it just me????

:eek:

15. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

You can't seriously be asking us, is that weird or are you.
    Hmmmm.....

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

17. CRC

Both of you....???

bite me.
    :D

it is so weird.... [tng2]

18. monkeyman

And thus fitting! :D

19. ghrit

Add me. Woulda beat them to it, but just got on.

Ummmm --- :D

20. CRC

See? That's the spirit! b::

You get it........It is weird and fitting.....but still weird!

Thanks MM!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7