This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Walk through walls.

2. ghostrider

[nutkick]
    Oooops.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

It's fun now to talk about the things they didn't know We did. I do it all the time when my Bro and I get together over a few bottles of wine with the folks. Dad laughs and mom smiles sometimes...

We have alot of "the rest of the story" chats at Holidays...

:lol:
    Edit, We finally came clean about the bullet hole in the ceiling that we tried to patch at Thanksgiving... Since we were all on Truth Srum, Dad asked about it. We told him.

I think there were over 300 people in their house that night long ago :eek:

4. melbo

Replaced my water heater today.

I hate plumbing.
    No leaks in my sweat joints and I have hot water now.

It wasn't broke yet but was on it's way... I like plumbing when it's voluntary I suppose

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dont forget our Grandfathers. I found out about a time my granddad and his girlfriend at the time were driveing along with another couple (all in their teens) and everyone got so 'distracted' by their partners they all thought someone else was driveing untill they had taken out about 100 yards of fence. :eek: :shock: :D

6. melbo

Yep. It's not just younger. Some of our fathers and Gfathers have stories too. My mother tells a story of having to hide pen beers in her skirt while on base at Fort Knox after being pulled over by MPs. IIRC, my father and a few friends werer running a salom course through a bunch of parked tanks :eek:

he was on leave at the time...

7. melbo

Thinking we need a military/Veteran forum here..?

place for stories, accomplishments, salutes, etc...

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Are we big enough to warrant a separate forum? Maybe in the future, dunno. How many of us served?

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I couldn't participate in any of them...

No military...and I certainly never got in trouble....! :shock:

and I typed that with a straight face... [ROFL] [ROFL] :lol:

10. ghostrider

[BSf]

11. CRC

and I didn't lie about it to my grandmother either....

:unsure:

12. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I didn't serve - I was going to college and #6 on the draft lottery when Nixon stopped the draft in '73. I went on to an illustrious but short carrer as a gas station attendant, then a tire store guy before joining the utility I've been with for 26 years. :)

13. CRC

Got up....house is clean...new bedroom look....dishes all clean...clothes folded and put away....

Tree is in a million pieces...(someone needs to slap Martha Stewart btw..)
    Will someone please come take care of that for me? While I go to work??

Sooooo I put on some Christmas music....loud. Loud enough to hear it upstairs..

and I feel great! :D :D

Going to be a good day....even if it is cold. ;)
    hohoho_105.

14. CRC

I need to go to bed early tomorrow so I can get up and watch this..oh wait!

I am off on Wednesday...!!!! Yipppeeeee Skipeeeee!

Jimmy's part-time ukulele player, Jake Shimabukuro, who performed in some shows during this year's tour is going to be on Conan O'Brien this Tuesday night

LATE NIGHT with CONAN O'BRIEN - Watch NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 to see Jake play live in his first nationally televised performance! Support Jake along with the millions of viewers who will be watching. Time: 12:35 AM EST (check local listings for time in your area)

www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/index.shtml
    www.jakeshimabukuro.com

15. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I hope that during this chilly season:
    That you're enjoying the peace and serenity that the season provides;
    That you're able to snuggle-up with your favorite everything (book, beverage, person);
    And that you and yours are blessed with warmth that comes from the heart.

16. CRC

Mags? E.L?

My friend Molly just PM'd me this... :lol: [ROFL]

"Texas, Our Texas"

Texas, Our Texas! all hail the mighty State!
    Texas, Our Texas! so wonderful so great!
    Boldest and grandest, withstanding ev'ry test
    O Empire wide and glorious, you stand supremely blest.
    (chorus)

Texas, O Texas! your freeborn single star,
    Sends out its radiance to nations near and far,
    Emblem of Freedom! it set our hearts aglow,
    With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo.
    (chorus)

Texas, dear Texas! from tyrant grip now free,
    Shines forth in splendor, your star of destiny!
    Mother of heroes, we come your children true,
    Proclaiming our allegiance, our faith, our love for you.

Chorus

God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
    That you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long.
    God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
    That you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long.

Go to http://www.lsjunction.com/song.htm if you want to hear a midi file and start learning it :D :D :D

17. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I know that I'm not the only one to have thought about this, but I'm continually amazed that a group of people from around the country (including Hawaii) have come together with a basic shared interest, but without regard for race, creed, color, or national origin (except the French comments :lol: ) and have managed to forge close friendships and a true sense of community. Although most of us have never faced one other across a table, the visuals and physical attributes are so unimportant to us all that they cease to enter our minds. Our opinions may differ, our politics may differ, our experiences may differ, our life styles may differ, and still, we have been able to discuss some pretty important issues, enlighten one another, share some laughs, make joint decisions, and enjoy the successes and happiness of each other. We are all truly fortunate to live in an age when global villages such as this can exist.

18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks CRC!

Check out the new quote at the bottom. It speaketh the truth according the Raven.

19. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes we are! I know thus far I have not met a single person on this board or even talked to any on the phone and yet you all went out of your way to make this one of the finest holiday season in a long time for me. I am truely glad and honored to be a part of this little tribe thats spread all across the country and beyond.

20. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Monkeyman, you have reaped what you have sown. [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7