This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just found out my brother-in-law is now somewhere in Iraq. Can't figure out who's more absent minded. My mother for not remembering my sister told her back in September that he deployed or my sister for not bothering to mention it to me back in September when we last talked (even though he was in Egypt at that time).

Looks like he's going to be there awhile...

Hmmm, let's see, flashlight, batteries, gum, Altoids (hey my sister said he loves them), oh yeah time to go haunt the auction sites for a good knife, pistachios, jerky...dang better hunt up a few boxes this shipment could get expensive.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, its official, the holiday season is off and SUCKING A$$!!! Aside from an unproductive and less than thrilling day at home (couldnt really afford the gas to go to the city to have Thanksgiveing with the rest of the family), went out today and the cat we have had the longest and the main one I actualy liked was laying at the side of the highway dead. I hate the holidays, this is anyway, this is just a bonus kick in the gut.

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I found a new Drink....

"Holy Water"

Shot of tequila...mixed with a shot of Sambuca.....

I'm thinking this could be trouble.....of an interesting kind..... ;)

4. monkeyman

:shock: Do we need to have a chaperone for you CRC to keep you out of trouble? :D [peep]

5. CRC

Could be MM....Could be...

;)

Think they could keep up???? :D

6. monkeyman

:rolleyes: True! You'ld probably just corrupt the poor individual and have them passed out in a couple hours. lol b:: :D [peep]

7. CRC

I didn't mean the alcohol...silly..I meant the witty repartee'...... ;) [beer] [ROFL]

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Christmas is going to be really special with the new baby. We got the tree up last night.
    christmas_tree__medium__143.

9. monkeyman

What makes you think I wasnt? lol

10. E.L.

Uh oh, busted!
    busted___medium__124.

11. CRC

OMG E.L.!

Beautiful!! Awwwwwww...Thanks for sharing that......

12. E.L.

Thank you, she is the apple of her daddy's eye.

She has already pulled one of the Christmas balls off of the tree, and ravaged a few gifts. The first Christmas is always so much fun.

13. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Half.

14. CRC

Ahhh! My doppleganger......uh....I mean nemesis.....yeah..that's the ticket.... [beer]

15. TLynn

E.L., what an adorable child...I can see she's going to have every present open before Christmas! :lol:

Okay...I think I've got everything covered...

Flashlight (surefire) and batteries, knife, pistachios, Altoids (wasn't my idea), gum, chew (not for him but for some of the other guys), DVD's for a PPS?...hmmm what else should I throw in the package to my brother-in-law in Iraq?

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Beef sticks and cheese. Think Hickory Farms. I guarantee kisses from any and all of them, male and female alike on return.

17. TLynn

I knew I was missing something...okay more food (I'm assuming most Marines are hungry)...well Michael always is when I see him.

18. E.L.

Thanks TLynn, she is learning quick!

I have heard that the soldiers like lots of cheap sunglasses, not good ones but cheap ones since they get scratched up so soon by sandstorms and everyday activity in the sandbox.

19. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

A beautiful daughter you have EL.
    A good looking tree also.

20. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I bet she would even make me enjoy the holidays, lol [afro]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7