This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Ever have one of those days when you wonder "Whats Next"? :shock:

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah, but I try not to ask as I usualy find out I REALLY didnt want to know.

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

All the time...on the other hand doesn't it really matter? :lol:

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I would never have expected to see that result... and how'd they do that? I can't imagine the page's webmaster set it up that way!

Thank you! Soggiest Halloween on record here. We still had a blast! I hope your family did, too!

5. Quigley_Sharps

We did, Only got 11 kids coming by, we live on a steep hill, lazy little guy's and gals I guess. :shock:

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Got a flu Shot monday morning and I think I got a small case of the flu from it.
    Really tired now.. Back to bed. I think I'll be better tomorrow

7. TLynn

The flu shot will not give you the flu...you already had the flu when you got the shot. What the shot did do was accelerate the actual flu you had and bring it on quicker.

It's a preconceived notion people have that they got the flu from the shot (doesn't happen that way).

However, I truly am sorry about you catching the flu bug and hope you feel better soon.

8. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I need to get a flu shot - love 'em! I used to get real sick once a year but once I had a liver transplant I had to start getting them and now I don't get sick at all.

Last year I couldn't find one until January!

9. Quigley_Sharps

Wow :shock: Valkman a liver transplant! I hope everything is ok now.

10. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok...I found the gratitude today....

Got my flu shot and I'm fine...(TLynn is right)

I don't have any health problems at all.....
    I have a job that once I am there a little longer..I will be fine with....I like the people I work with ....

I now accept that , NO....Men are not from Mars..and Women are not from Venus...we're just different.....and I'm glad.....Be kind of boring if we were all the same...

Thanks for the help today , y'all..... :D

11. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That'll be 13 years ago in January - all went well. Just haven't been able to drink, I quit that 8/91. [beer]

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My dad quit smoking and drinking when he was in his 50's and laughingly said he never had another healthy day after that. It got to be a family joke. Glad you have had better luck Valkman.

13. TLynn

Good to know the liver transplant has gone this good for so long Valkman...keep it up.

CRC, glad you got your flu shot.

I think it's time I finally put my auto insurance papers in the car...after all it's only been about 3 months ago since the new set arrived. Then again in anther 3 months the next set will arrive so maybe I should just wait. :lol:

14. melbo

I'm guessing that it was the power of my mind that made me sick, or another reaction to the vaccine unrelated to the actual virus' in the serum. I know that I could not have possible gotten sick 3 hours after the injection from a weakened virus. Too short of incubation time.

So, TLynn may be right in that I already had the bug but didn't know it, or my 100% skepticism of the vaccine, coupled with my uncle's paralysis after a flu shot put me in a bad state of mind from the get-go.

Whatever the case. I am feeling much better now and will attempt to head back to work in the morning.

15. melbo

SO I called Bear monday... I had totally confused the time zone thing and realized while laying in bed today that it was 5:40AM rather than 5:40PM like I was thinking...

I am so sorry Bear. My geopraphy was waaaay off day.

Bear, "hello"

melbo, "Hey man, it's melbo, WHat's up?"

Bear, "Oh, not much..."

[beer] He should have hung up on me [beer]

16. TLynn

Oh ouch!!! Ummm yeah there's a huge time difference between east coast and Hawaii melbo...a huge time difference. Poor bear. Thank god he's such a nice guy.

ps - and yes you might of had so much going on in your head about the flu shot thing that you psyched yourself into getting sick. On the other hand you may be one of those who has an allergic reaction to the vaccine itself...it's a hard call (there are so many variables here).

17. CRC

They gave me the Flu shot..and a pneumonia shot....I get them every year...My Dr is a great guy...he just has me come in, either before or after hours and gets Jane to give me the shots....He's a great guy...

and....the source of many of my jokes... [winkthumb] [rofllmao]

18. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't get the flu shot any more. I got it 2 years in a row, those 2 years I had the flu worse than I ever did in my life :eek: Ya, I still get sick, but I'm usually over whatever bug I have within 24 - 48 hours. Both years I got the flu shot I was out sick for a week each time. There may be no connection, but then again, there may be one. For now, I guess my own immune system does a pretty good job so I will leave it at that.

My wife does not get one either, egg allergies, and because of that my daughter does not get one either.

ok, i'm gonna go [peep] seek some shelter now :D

Ryan

19. CRC

I should be in Key West this week.

Really.

This is the pits.

Least I have my sense of humor....and drunk dials from people in front of webcams in Hogs Breath Saloon...and on Duval St..... :rolleyes:

20. Quigley_Sharps

:eek:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7