This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You're to get a gen-u-wine nor'easter, according to the local weather weenies. Best o luck with it. [yukface]

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

See ghrit, there's the reason you moved to NORTHERN Virginia

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I used to go up there all the time..To Rixeyville, and Sperryville and Culpepper...went canoeing on the Hazel River a lot..and fishin'....Miss that part of the country...Very cool at night sitting outside, watching the fireflies......

4. ghrit

Hell, no. I like storms, the more the merrrier, seems to make me alive. I'm one of those nuts that go out in them, carefiully of course. The only reason I'm here is to delay retirement a couple years, I haven't made up my alleged mind where I want to watch the snow fall or the waves rage. I am a lot of things as many can tell you, but never have I been accused of too much sanity. [beer] [yack]

5. ghrit

Come on up, I have some space for a visitor or two. Only one bed, but plenty of sleeping bag space ---- [troll] Haven't been here long enough to find those places yet. Have bike, will adventure. b:: b::

6. CRC

I'm supposed to visit Kathryn soon..She's moved to Sperryville..but I love Rixeyville! Tiny little town like I want to end up in....Beautiful! One General Store...Gorgeous roads to ride on....Her house there was up a hill, on the Hazel River...We'd take the canoe's down..and just go for hours...and then call someone to come pick us up...wherever we ended up..

One time when the river was low..we were drifting and talking...and all of a sudden, 7 deer ran down the hill and across the river in front of us......(we may have stopped to have an adult beverage.... ;) )

It is so beautiful up there! We left Charleston the same year..she went there and I came here....I think she may have gotten the better deal.....Seasons..great Summers..beautiful Fall's....close enough to cities..but also far away enough too....

Don't be surprised if you have a guest show up one day.... ;)

7. CRC

I love days off in the middle of the week!

b::

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Fall left and Su ;) mmer came back for a day

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Fall left and winter arrived today!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

10. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Since everyone comes to this thread....

I just want to mention that a knife maker over at UsualSuspect.net has asked for help - he and his wife take in all kinds of animals and spend a ton of money taking care of them. But they have a cat now undergoing expensive treatment and they can't afford it, and like us they love cats (we have 3). If you want to Paypal $5 or $10 it will be greatly appreciated! Paypal addy is tinkerpearce@hotmail.com

This guy, Tinker Pearce, could be one of us he's such a nice guy. Just because I sent some dinero he's offered not only to host a web site for me but to design it also. Sheesh - that's alot for giving a measly twenty! :eek:

11. CRC

Here too!!! b:: b:: [beer]

Loving it!

heee heee.....

12. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

High of 70 here today..it was ok, the office was hot becuase of the stick thin office girl, nearly 80 when I got in off of the road.

13. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good people are everywhere Valkman...I sent him $10.

Next payday maybe I can afford some more.

14. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I wound up calling him and he's settign up a sub-domain for me! He also knows Larry at BladeArt and I was thinking of seeing if they'll take some of my knives to sell once I get some of these SS ones done.

15. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks like we may be doing better than planned on pork soon. My boss has a boar on loan to breed his sow that will then be going to market. The boar is around 500-600 pounds and the owner dosnt expect to get more than around $0.18/pound for it so I may be able to get him for around $75 or less since I could save the guy the trouble of picking it up to take to market and the auction fees. That would put around 350-400 pounds of pork in the freezer. Also a neighbor who has a BIG comercial pig farm has some new breed they only want the males from and they are expecting a few litters soon and planed to just kill off the females so we may be getting some of them. Figure if they are off the tit we may try to raise some of them but even if not they will do for suckeling pigs and each can be a meal. b:: b:: b::

16. melbo

Sent some PP his way. I'm a sucker for stranded/hurt animals

17. CRC

Sent something his way also....

That's what it's all about....Pass it on....Thanks Valkman for letting us know about this..

Much appreciated...

18. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dark Beer is GOOD!!!

19. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You just figured that our or something???

Of course dark beer is good...it has a higher alcohol content. :lol:

20. melbo

getting to be about time for an avatar change magnus...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7