This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

XM sucks, Sirius rocks!

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I am very tired. Long day, long, long drive. Went to work, then went to Beaumont, drove and drove, went through checkpoints, went 60 miles out of the way, had to flash my badge just to get into town. Drove all over, more destruction than I have ever seen, and this was just a category 3? Talked to a deputy that lives next to my brother-in-law, he said he thought it would be easily a month before the power is back on there. The grid is demolished. I saw as many transformers laying on the ground crushed as in the air. Acres of giant trees not just uprooted, but snapped in half. Incredible. Then helped load the pickup, cleaned out the fridge and freezer (house smelled like someone died in there) and then drove back. Just got home. Very long day. I am glad they chose to come to our house instead of trying to ride it out.
    Thank you God, my family is safe.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well sorry to hear thier home suffered so much damage but glad to her all the folks are ok.

5. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Send it to me, I can repair it. By the way, just curious, but what do you think about the theme song from the Brady Bunch.

6. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Developed a taste for ale, have we?

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Happy Birthday

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks Quig

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Happy birthday!

10. RightHand

Thanks MM

11. RightHand

Well...got my new photo license today and for the next 4 years I live with a picture which is only one degree more attractive than magnus's avatar. Ah, such is life

12. Quigley_Sharps

I put new Strings on my Guitar today.
    I hate new strings......... ;)

13. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Don't feel bad RH, that's about the way all Drivers Licenses are. At least my concealed carry permit came out a bit better. But my work ID came out the worse and I have to wear it every day in plain view (and they won't let me change it till 2009).

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

You could lose it. Or photoshop it b::

15. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We can't photoshop these ID's melbo - they're digital and really security ID's - the government has gotten a bit security conscious after all these years? Which is funny cause it's a hospital and you can just walk in anywhere on the campus.

16. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Alright ....let's see if that worked...

[soap]

I do not like the Comcast "extra's" that are supposed to make my life easier..Took them off and now everything works!!!! b:: b::

17. Quigley_Sharps

I can't sleep, Buck season in the morning 5 more hours b::
    mulebuck_152.

18. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Maybe you will find this Avatar more appealing? :D

19. RightHand

Thanks mangus. Now I have a model to work towards for my next license.

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah. Finally figured out how to get pix in --

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7