This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Snowed a freaking blizzard on me today at 7thousand feet!!!!! WINTER IS COMING !!!!!!! b::

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

b:: [clp] [applaud]

Now..which album??? ;)

Said he went for a Bloody Mary one morning at a bar in Key West...and a Naval officer came up, off the floor, from under a table and said those words...and he knew it had to be a song title.... 8)

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Havana Daydreamin

4. CRC

One day soon..I'll tell you about the HUGE thing my online parrothead group just did..

The First Annual Baghdad Buffettfest...

For the troops in the Green Zone....Awesome..Got two letters today over there from one of the organizers and one from a guy that participated...Said it was the first time he had laughed or smiled since being in Iraq...It is quite a story...People sent lei's,skirts, rubber ducks..made a huge tailgate, in Baghdad....
    It's taken a couple months to pull it off..but we did ..and with finesse,and grace......(aha! another song line...from a different artist... 8) )

One of the soldiers wrote a poem thanking us...It is just incredible..Jimmy even got word of it and had all the Margaritavilles send stuff....

PM me if you want the link..You can see for yourself....Made me proud...and it meant SO much to the troops...

One little cut and paste...

> No, we did not get the Iraqis to talk like a pirate. But we did get some Sri Lankan guards dressed up in Leis and beads over their kevlar!
    > No, the cheeseburgers were not from Paradise, they were from KBR.

enough..I'm rambling..

5. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

rambling is good for the soul CRC

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I want a job like my ISP, take a few days off when you choose and it dont make a difference in the pay.

7. CRC

If this thread is for random thoughts..well..

I mentioned the HUGE Baghdad Buffett Fest we helped organize and throw in Iraq?

I am both happy and sad today..Heard from 3 of the soldiers so far...wonderful things...the one guy that said it was the 1st time he had genuinely smiled and laughed since being in Iraq? Made my eyes puddle..

But this from Crash today..and I am condensing it..just a short cut and paste...
    As promised, a posting about what happened. Just about the time we were on the way to pick up the food, there were three mortar attacks at three different locations. The camps went black (locked down), one of the camps until long after we had started. Rumors circulated Buffett Fest had been cancelled. This of course, had an affect at Liberty Pool although the crowd at was pretty good.

Upon arriving at Prosperity for Day 2, I was immediately told one of the companies had lost 3 of our guys so the mood was somewhat somber. Those that did attend seemed to have a great time and were the recipients of a lot of fun stuff.

I will be reviewing the pictures today and trying to get some posted. Maybe the Capt also has a few he wouldn't mind sharing.

This isn't the time for me to express all that I feel about the event. I will do that in the next day or so. For now, just let me say thanks. It wouldn't have happened without you.

Brought it all home..if I should have started a thread? Please let me know..this thing is awesome..the people..my parrothead group..pulling together for months to make this the most awesome party for our troops..Well..I am proud to be a small part of it..and one that "does" ..not just talks about it....

This board and my parrothead board are the only two I frequent now..and I am proud to be a part of both of them..

Thanks for listening and making me feel welcome and home right away...I appreciate you guys, and ladies...

Y'all totally rock..

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I share your heavy heart with the news. Please let them know they are never out of our thoughts.

9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Hammering nails all weekend can give old injuries new life.....my right shoulder keeps trying to slip out of socket. I either need to drink more milk to get it to re-calcify or drink more beer to make the pain go away!

10. CRC

I started my new job today...and so far...I think I am going to really enjoy it there!

Wonderful people..No one said "hang up on that stupid F_ _ _ "

I didn't have to lie , not one time.....I didn't get cursed at...One agent even called me on her way in to work to Welcome me ..and tell me she is very sensitive to the "new kid" and to let me know her door is always open!

Life's good on my boat.........

Speaking of boat....Y'all do know it's Talk Like a Pirate Day???

[​IMG]
    Ahoy...tis a good evening..and me parrot concurs! Time to refill me grog!

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Wow. 13,100 visitors and only 87 members --- [peep] [beer]

12. CRC

Yeah...but can you say that in Pirate Talk? 8)

13. ghrit

Polly wanna cracker?

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Maybe not, but does actually having a parrot count?

15. CRC

Hmmm...

How 'bout...Avast, me mateys...the crew has spotted some of them bilge rats!Aaaarrrrrgghhhhhh...where's me cutlass? I'll find the scurvy dogs!

;) 8)

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Arrrrgggggh, Me thinks the wench is right

"Visitors is a hit counter that oves up a click each time we visit. Not necessarily Unique Visitors

17. CRC

Very good Melbo! 8)

I love Talk Like a Pirate Day... :oops: :lol:

It's just fun...arrrr........

(not to be confused with aarrrrrgggghhhhh... ;) )

And yes, having a parrot counts...I want one..haven't decided if the time is right..Thinking more about after my trip around the SE next year and finding where I need to plant myself so I can bloom...

Then...I'll "teach how to cuss, teach him how to fuss , and pull the cork out of a bottle of wine".. 8)

18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If you get an African Grey you don't have to worry about teaching them anything. The figure it out pretty quick. The phone ringing, water dripping, us calling each other by name, etc. etc. My bird has also picked up a few "choice" words, but we haven't heard anything like that out of her in a long time though. Cat's meowing, birds chirping, you name it, we hear it.

19. CRC

I have a friend in Orlando..that works for Margaritaville at Universal?

When you walk in her house? The bird says "Good Day Parrotheads!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!

20. ghrit

Just came back from a short visit to WR. [ghrit] [stirpot] I found a Quigleyism posted there by one of our former ;) lady friends. This thread will never die, one might say, has been propagated --- [own2] [feedmods] [rofllmao]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7