This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. nope

nope Monkey+++ Founding Member

Congrats CRC! Your too good for a place like that! Hey and BTW be safe down there. My prayers are with you!

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Thought for the day,

I HATE data entry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a field guy all my career and have only been in the office for the last couple years.We are shipping all of our equipment back to the US and I am having to create an Excel spreadsheet with all of our equipment ,where its at,value ,etc,etc,etc,ad nauseum.Days and days of typing in data. [yukface]

I work for an hour or so until I am bored to tears then pop over here for a few for a break. :D

(BTW not a sympathy post, just venting)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So. At the top of the main page, it says I have 65 unread posts. So I click on read unread posts, and it tells me there are none. So, I'm either completely caught up, or the software cannot add as well as I can, and I have troubles with my checkbook. Or what TF is happening?

Where's my tin hat, they're coming to take me away. I think. Or not. Or something, anyway. 8)

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

You have to wonder about people who cant make up their minds if they like ya or don’t :eek:

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A Daddy Long Legs took up residence on my desk earlier this week. We make good companions. Tonight I took an empty Italian Ice cup that I had eaten yesterday, added a little water, tipped it at an angle on my desktop and watched my new buddy feast on the slightly sweet contents. After about 1/2 hour, it sat on top of my scanner and proceeded to take each of its legs in its pedipalps and methodically cleaned each from top to bottom. After finished it's bath, it settled under my desk lamp for a nice long nap. It's been a long week and this little diversion has sure been welcome.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Click on 'unread posts' in the top right corner of the main page, then at the bottom right of that list, click on 'mark all forums as read' sic

that should clear it. It may have been from some of the threads that were deleted or moved out of sight....

7. ghrit

? Ah. Thot I noticed something missing a while back.

8. nope

nope Monkey+++ Founding Member

I was at work today and some old man, bless his soul, needed handicap plates but he did not have a physician statement so I had to tell him he needed one and could come back then. Well, he came in later and mind you this poor man could hardly walk told me the Dr. said no he would not sign the statement b/c he could walk the 50ft into stores. :evil:

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

CRC, what happened at work? Did you give him the CD, and did you put in your notice?

10. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Oh yeah...I gave my notice...But I don't know if I am gonna work it out now..

They , specifically one of the girls..was just awful...she told me that making CD's was "cheesy and cheap"..and I was ungrateful and stupid for quitting where I had it made..... :rolleyes: :evil:

I may go in today and leave an "effective immediately" letter..and get the rest of my stuff out.......

The big boss was actually quite gracious about it..which is understandable..I am going to a company that can send a LOT of business his way....

But she was awful..I can't even describe how terrible the last 2 work days were...

11. E.L.

She sounds like an idiot. Make sure you give her a big [finger] on the way out the door. Good luck on the new job.

12. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Shitty wkend :|

13. E.L.

Mine wasn't too bad. Worked 6 hours Sat., came home and replaced the radiator and hoses in my Z-71, then went to bed. Then Sun. worked 6 hours and came home and I was able to see most of the Cowboy's game. Woo hoo! We won!!!

14. ghrit

Plagerized, of course --
    >
    >
    > TEACHER INTERVIEW
    >
    > After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect
    >
    > said: "Let me see if I've got this right. You want me to go into that room with all those
    > kids, and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning. And I'm supposed to
    > instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe
    > them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.
    >
    > You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their
    > backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self esteem.
    >
    > You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play,
    > how to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.
    >
    > I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of
    > anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the mandatory state exams, even
    > those who don't come to school regularly or complete any of their assignments.
    > Plus, I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps get an equal education
    > regardless of the extent of their mental or physical handicap.
    >
    > And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter
    > and report card. All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few
    > books, a bulletin board, a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family
    > for food stamps! You want me to do all of this and yet you expect me......
    > NOT TO PRAY??!!!??!!
    >

:!: :!: :!:

I love this country --

15. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I quit my job.

Went in last night.Left a new resignation letter, effective immediately, due to unforeseen circumstances.....

left my key on the desk...

and taking a week off between jobs....

and it feels soooo good.

that's all.... b::

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

17. E.L.

You don't know how much you hit the nail on the head. My wife got a call from a parent today and the parent cussed her out on the phone. All because the kid leaves school an hour early every day and she doesn't have any grades for the last subject. So my wife, who has two degrees and gives countless time, care and money to these kids is cussed out over the phone by someone who obviously doesn't care enough about their kid to work with her teacher who is bending over backwards. I may have to sit in the back of the room tomorrow night when my wife has open house, maybe the Glock t-shirt and 260 pounds of displeasure in my face :twisted: , voice :twisted: and attitude :twisted: will deflect some of the heat. .....................................................Then again I might get my wife fired. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

18. magnus392

I cooked:

Pork chops
    fried potatoes
    corn
    gravy
    biscuits

good dinner

19. magnus392

Need me to show up? :twisted:

20. E.L.

He he he he he.....................

My wife was just standing here asking me if I was going to her open house tomorrow to referee.

Sure, afterall I might need someone to bail me out of jail!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7