This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

A new definition of frustration

Every man has had the experience of being in a large store, walking up and down the aisles looking for his wife. Well let me relate a little story.

The wife and I relocated to the Middle East a few months ago. The Western women hear wear an "Abaya" whenever they are in public, a long black dress that covers them from head to foot. So we go to the mall to do some shopping. We get seperated and I start the aisle scan.

Try picking your wife out of 100 women all wearing the same damn dress!!!!!! Luckily the Western women aren't required to wear the veil. She was one of about 3 in the whole store whose face you could see. If it wasn't for that she would still be there!

How the heck does an arab child know which mommy to run to when they get hurt? [loco]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Makes you wonder, doesn't it, how does an arab husband find out if he took the right wife home until he gets the abaya to the house?

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah now, the sun goes slidin' 'cross the water ....
    Sailboats they go searchin' for the breeze .....
    Salt air it ain't thin ......
    It can stick right to your skin and make you feel fine .....
    Makes you feel fine.

And I wanna be there .......
    I wanna go back down and die beside the sea there .....
    With a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine ...
    And I'll be chewin' on a honeysuckle vine .

[​IMG]

Key West....MOTM 2010. ~sigh~

4. CRC

I'm a glutton for punishment...Just one more... I'd love to be able to Winter down there...I love that little weird town....:)

[​IMG]

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Stop, stop, stop. Making my heart ache. Please stop *near tears*.

6. CRC

I didn't get to MOTM this year, Falcon...but most of my friends did and I had the "virtual MOTM" courtesy of some pretty awesome friends, and smart phones...:)

Every day, pictures were sent accompanied by stories behind the pictures...Some needed no explanation, like the ones above in front of The Casa....It's been too long since I've been to Key Weird....need a trip back there...~sigh~ again....

:)

7. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

Many more days (don't ask) like today and wife and I might decide to winter down there. Even lost my cell phone somewhere in the boondocks.

8. Falcon15

LOL My dad used to call it "Island of the three F's: Foreigners, Fishermen, and Fags". Yeah, I need to go too, last time I went was almost 20 years ago. *le sigh*

9. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

Wow this thread is still going.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ajax, it'll NEVER die.

11. Minuteman

Quig's stroke of genius!! How close is this thing to breaking the record? Is it still the mega thread on THR?

BTW, falcon, just a WAG here but I'm assuming your an angler? ;)

12. Minuteman

Went to the Dr. the other day, weghed 125. Stopped by the ATM, my daily limit on my debit card is 5,000. Got on the highway to go to town, the speed limit is 120.
    I love living abroad!

13. Falcon15

Yer bugger I am a deep sea fisherman. Marlin for sport. Grouper, Redfish, Dolphin (NO NOT FLIPPER- FLIPPER IS A PORPOISE-Dorado or Mahi in PC terms), triggerfish. Spent a lot of time on the water in my life. Then I go and join the Navy. Go figger.

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

The only good thing about working weekends is the view from my office....
    SANY0001.JPG SANY0002.JPG SANY0003.JPG

15. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Pretty nice view quig, mines close..
    [​IMG]
    Central Oklahoma "mountains"..

16. Quigley_Sharps

Nice, I worked in the Carnegie area for while.I think I may have seen the biggest Mountain in Ok at Lake Lawtonka.

17. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I'm about 43 miles north of Carnegie, near hinton & I-40.. That hill rings the shale play that we are drilling, like a bowl..

Me and the wife went camping backpacking in eastern Oklahoma in the ouachita mts (2500')..

We'll have to go check out latonga next camping trip

18. Minuteman

I need to wash my window! No mountains here. But I bet niether of you have this in your fridge at work!! Like everything over here, close but not close enough. Clyde would be outraged. Alcohol free beer! And the wildlife is a bit different.
    604. SDGM-717. BEER. camels.

19. Quigley_Sharps

LOL, no i dont have that in the fridge here, you wouldnt believe the kitchen here.
    SANY0001.JPG SANY0002.JPG SANY0003.JPG SANY0004.JPG

20. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Sand, it's everywhere.. Yeah, bout what I pictured.. Do y'all ever get bored and try to lasso the camels?

Yea, I don't drink beer and I never heard of "alcohol free" whiskey, so, don't think I'll ever be having any of that cool stuff in my fridge.

It is amusing looking, see the highly recognizable budweiser markings with Arabic splashed across it..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7