This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

my sinuses SUCK!!! :cry:

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Horseradish. Breaks up all that mucus, clears your head.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Crap. Motor overheated yesterday afternoon while shopping at Wal-Mart. I had my truck tools in the wife's truck, and she had her phone in her purse set on vibrate. ;) ;) So I finally get ahold of her, she is in town and picks up a new thermostat for me. Then she tells me that she took the tools out while cleaning the p/u. ;) So I head in to Wal-Mart and buy a $17 tool set with sockets, no problem I could always use another. Then I find out that the sockets are not deep enough. ;) Back inside to buy a deep socket set. $14+. Then back outside where I rip the sockets out, crap! They are SAE and I need metric. ;) So I go back inside and buy a set of metric deep sockets to get the thermostat housing off $14+. It's hot too. Finally get the old thermostat out and the new one in at about 2115 hours. Okay, head for home. About two miles down the road it gets hot again. Crap. Might be a cracked block. Needless to say after driving a little ways, then turning it off to cool down over, and over, and over. I get home at midnight. I think it's toast. With only 213K on it. $hit! :mad: Just what I needed. I hadn't planned on buying a new one until Jan.

4. magnus392

Dude that sucks....Wanna go shooting tommorow or Monday? It will make you feel better!

5. E.L.

Well, I would if I was off. I am working today, and will be working tomorrow and Monday also. The work of the public servant is never finished it seems.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Just think tho'. All those extra hours will add up to a nice down payment on a new rig that will cost too much to gas up. What a predicament. Nearly there myself, old rig had 200K on it and the rated milage on the new comparable ones is lower. Hang on, baby, just a little while longer -- :eek:

7. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Geez and I've still got my 1970 Ford 4x4 with only 125,000 miles on it.

Yeah I know I don't drive it enough...but at 12 mpg would you? Then again it's a work truck not a toy like so many I see these days. I can actually load a 8 foot piece of lumber in it and close the tail gate with no lumber hanging out (or over) the tailgate. Unlike 95% of the pickups I see today. That also goes for a sheet of sheetrock. It does fit flat in the bed.

I love my old truck.

I do not love heavy bags of concrete, nor digging up old fence posts, or digging up tree roots, or shoveling concrete around new fence posts.

My back, arms, wrists are killing me.

Guys and gals - I suggest you never get old (the alternative right now almost but not quite looks good). :eek:

8. magnus392

I dont' mind manual labor, lol...I am one that can tear it up in the gym and feel better the next day...well when I am used to it. Manual labor is good for the soul!

9. magnus392

EL, that sucks that you have to work....If you get off before 3-4 call if you want to burn some powder:)

10. TLynn

magnus, I don't mind manual labor, but boy am I out of shape. Need to do more of it...

E.L. I feel for you having to work.

11. magnus392

I am out of shape too, lol. Perhaps that is why I like it. I like challenges, physical and mental. Yesterday my boss's wife's car died. I was ready to push it around the block to the North Bay and push it into the warehouse:) 95 Lexus SC400...damn thing is heavy. I did manage to manhandle the 16' cargo trailer enough to get it in the East Bay:D

EL Hope your truck thing works out and yeah I am sorry about you having to work.

12. TLynn

That's awful nice of you to want to do that magnus (push your bosses wife's car). I've done that and paid the price. Nowadays I just call the tow truck, that's what my insurance is for (even on my old 4x4).

Well, it looks like I will be getting that Gerber Mk II knife, and no Valkman no comments about if I can afford it I can afford your knives. This is strictly for a friend back east who wanted one. You hear that swine!!! You're more important than a handmade knife! :D

I'm doubting he reads this particular thread so I might be safe. Then again he might read it in which case I'm deader than dead [peep]

Either way it'z all good - it probably will hurt less being dead than my body does now....

Definitely a long hot shower, maybe do some push ups (yeah right - no wait more punishment - good for the soul!!!)

Okay I've got to quit going to starbucks and having four shots of espresso...not a good sign after 5pm at night...sigh

13. magnus392

No offense Tlynn, I am willing to bet I am a little better built to be pushing cars around than you;) :D

14. TLynn

:D

Probably, oh heck most guys are better built than I am for pushing cars around. But then again you just might be surprised what I can do when I put my mind to it (well when I was younger anyway).

15. E.L.

Yeah, it does suck. I might get lucky on my Z, I am hoping it is just a radiator problem, but I am expecting the worse. I flushed it with water today, and tomorrow I am going to take it off after work and really flush it, then replace hoses, etc. Irregardless I have decided to fix it. It has been good to me, and still gets good mileage for a p/u, especially a 4x4. Besides, I would rather not have another vehicle payment. That leaves more $$$.

Maybe next weekend Magnus. I really do need to do some shooting. I also have one more feeder to out out. The hogs are hitting the corn right now really hard.

16. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[beer]

17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Wifes Maxima threw a rod the other day.I found a nice little Suzuki Sidekick on the net.She can't decide between it and a Nissan pathfinder.I like the 4 cyl. for the gas mileage.Also looks like a good little bug out vehicle.4x4 and light.Go places my truck won't.Anybody have any experience with these?

18. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

After a horrendous day at a clients yesterday, left there place at 9pm last night after being there all day, got in my truck and brake pedal nearly touched the floor. They were fine on my trip over there in the morning. I drove home very, very slowly - about 20 miles of back country roads. I'll check the master cylinder this a.m. ????? I hope is isn't a brake line. I'm supposted to go back to the same client today to finish some tax deadline work. Taxes and vehicles - does it never end.

19. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, its either a brake line or rear master seal. Added brake fluid, pumped the brakes, heard whoosh whoosh whoosh - had braking power, moved truck and found the rear passenger side axle wet with brake fluid and a puddle on the floor. Rats.

20. TLynn

Real sorry to hear that RH - especially on Labor Day weekend and Sunday to boot. But yep, it's got to be the line or the rear cylinder, and considering where it's leaking probably most likely the rear cylinder. Oh wait are trucks done differently since you said seal? Used to be they had a small cylinder at each brake beside the master cylinder up front.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7