This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Whacks on, whacks off. After buffing, of course.

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

3. ghrit

A) Are you sure?
    B) Which time space continuum?

4. magnus392

A: Well not really till after the first wk of Sept.
    B: All of them:D

5. ghrit

A) Hang in, it will end.
    B) Jeez, can't you just focus on ONE? Your new mantra -- "AK, AK, AK, AK, ----" and so on until reality sets in. [beer] [beer] [beer]

6. magnus392

Last night I borrowed the persona of Homer Simpson, and drank WAY too much...it was nice:D b:: [beer]

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Best wishes and prayers sent for any of you and yours who may be affected by Katrina.

8. magnus392

Ditto...

Been working how bad is it boys and girls?

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The hurricane? Bad, not as bad as a lot feared, but lots of "The Big Easy" is under water.

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Tragedy draws a crowd... So many people come to the funeral. How often did they come to celebrate the life?

My grandma always said, "When I die, I don't want a funeral. If you can't bring me flowers when I'm alive to enjoy them, then don't you dare bring them to me when I'm dead!"

Sorry for the downer... just got back from a long weekend that began with a funeral. A bright ray of sunshine left our world last week.

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

hurricane reporting

Does anyone else notice that whenever a news anchor is doing an "in the wind" update, they walk in circles as the camera follows them insteads of standing still?

I suppose to make it look more chaotic?

12. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Why is it that medical industry charges those who can afford it most the least and those who can afford it least the most? If you go to the ER (as my mom did a few months back) and have insurance the bill was $7,000 , the insurance company only had to pay $700 and the bill was considered paid in full, but with no insurance the bill would have been higher and every penny would be demanded. Scripts that cost insurance companies $5 will cost a person haveing to pay cash from thier pocket $50+
    Why are some collectors to stupid to comprehend that slow pay is better than no pay? Last time I ended up in the ER (no insurance) they sent me a bill for $800 for nothing more than a script and a splint (no tests or xrays) and I let them know that at the time I was makeing about $80/week and had to pay bills out of that but could guarentee them $20/month and was informed that they would not accept payments of less than $100/month, that was over a year ago and they havent seen a dime from me nor will they now even if I hit the lottery. [rnt]

13. ghrit

I don't know how I ever had time to work. I've nearly 700 posts unread, and it's not likely I'll ever catch up. :| :eek:

14. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You skim the posts that don't interest you and read the ones that do ghrit...

Or in my case you read everything...which leaves you totally confused half the time.

15. ghrit

BIG trouble, right here. It all interests me. Damn, too bad I can't clone me, then I could read it all, and start threads myself. Now that would be fun. I think. And, I could have more g/f too. :D Might even be able to compete with Magnus' beer consumption without hangovers. :twisted:

16. melbo

If you are not at all interested in a certain topic, I think you can hit "ignore topic" and iwon't show in yopur unread list. I've managed to stay on top of it so far but I think that at some point that will be out the window.

17. ghrit

Yeah, but you don't sleep. Another thing I wish I could do without. It's a bitch setting priorities based on needing naps. Geez, what a choice, learn or sleep.

18. melbo

You could try Meth :eek:

19. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

NOT a good thought, have seen WAY to many lives of decent folks go down the tubes over that crap more so than crack, heroine and any other drugs combined.

20. ghrit

The drug of choice is caffiene. I find that 50 ozs a day isn't enough to do more than make me pee more than I like. It's a balancing act; peeing also takes away learning time. Jeez, life is tough --

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7