This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Wow some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[fnny] I thought it was to give me something to laugh at ;)

Good to see you again![beer]

3. Quigley_Sharps

Thank you Tracy, its good to see you again as well.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in morning, sailors warning. An hour after sunrise the sky is still deep red. Guess we're in or for more of the ice, snow, and wind.

5. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just 'cause..

"This is, kind of, an unwritten law amongst seamen, that if someone is
    in need, regardless of genus, phylum or species, you let them come in;
    you give them safe harbor... Jimmy Buffett has songs about it, for
    crying out loud."

Admiral Keating commenting on China's denial of refuge to two U.S. minesweepers seeking shelter from storms.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Crandon man bail set for donut truck theft

Mike Miller — <!--Tue., Mar 20, 2007 - 11:17 AM-->11/29/2007 3:33 pm
    Cash bail of $2,100 was set today for Warren G. Whitelightning of Crandon, the man who allegedly led police on a high-speed chase through Madison's west after stealing a Krispy Kreme Donut truck when he was drunk early Saturday morning.
    Whitelightning was officially charged in Dane County Circuit Court today in a criminal complaint alleging several offenses. He is being charged with shoplifting eight giant red hot pickled sausages from the Open Pantry on University Avenue, stealing the doughnut truck, ramming a University of Wisconsin Police car, attempting to elude pursing officers, operating after revocation, his fourth time drunk driving, and a hit and run.
    Assistant District Attorney Michael Verveer conceded that the scene described in the criminal complaint of several squad cars chasing a donut truck around the west side could elicit laughter from many.
    "Because what you have is two different police agencies chasing the defendant in a stolen Krispy Kreme donut truck with donuts flying out of the back of the truck," he said.
    But he said the episode, "really is a danger to the community given the great recklessness of this stunt."
    Verveer said the chase was captured on tape by video cameras in the pursing squad cars and predicted the tapes would hit the popular YouTube web site when they are released to the public. "But the truth of the matter is the defendant could have badly hurt members of the community with his reckless driving."
    The episode began, according to the criminal complaint, when Whitelightning stumbled into the Open Pantry about 3 a.m. Saturday and went to the aisle where pickled sausages were. As the store clerk watched, Whitelightning pulled his hoodie up over his head and turned his back on the clerk, and dropped a box of the giant pickled sausages on the floor. He next took two six packs of beer and put them on the counter, then turned around. The store clerk took that opportunity to put the beer behind the counter and asked Whitelightning to leave, which he did.
    Moments later, the clerk and Krispy Kreme driver watched as Whitelightning drove the truck around the parking lot twice then left on University Ave. Police were called.
    Several officers were involved in a subsequent chase on University Avenue at speeds which at times reached 80 mph on University Avenue and lesser speeds on nearby residential streets.
    At the corner of Kendall and Chamberlain Avenues, it appeared the truck had stopped. When University Officer Aaron Chapin stopped behind the donut truck, Whitelightning suddenly put the truck in reverse and backed toward Chapin. Chapin could not get out of the way because other officers were approaching, the complaint says, and Whitelightning rammed the truck into the squad car at about 10 to 15 miles per hour. Officer Chapin suffered neck and back injuries in the wreck and was treated at UW Hospital.
    The chase ended when Whitelightning, going outbound on University in the inbound lane, suddenly crossed a cement median and nearly overturned, then sped on Locust Drive and stopped in a Copps Food parking lot. Whitelightning got out of the truck and lay down in the parking lot until police handcuffed him and put him back on his feet.
    If convicted of all counts, he would face up to 9 1/2 years in prison on the felonies and an additional 26 months on the misdemeanor counts. Whitelightning also faces several traffic citations.

7. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[SIZE=-1]Jean Valjeans........[/SIZE]

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Victor Hugo?

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Crandon man bail set for donut truck theft

I would love to have video of those police officers chasing that Crispy Creme Donut truck in hot pursuit.

Of course it would be forwarded to all of my cop buddies.........[lolol]

10. RightHand

I just got home from my grandson Christmas Band Concert (he plays the drums). It was a Christmas concert. They played Christmas music and wished everyone a Merry Christmas. There was no music for Chanukah but the band teacher wished the Jewish families Happy Chanukah.

It was nice for the kids and their families to celebrate Christmas and not just have a generic "Winter Concert" as so many schools do.

11. Tracy

That's wonderful, RH!

12. RightHand

I'm the only one who thought it was funny ???

The guys in the Sadlak shop tend to be pretty messy and it drives me nuts so I put up little reminders, like the one in the bathroom over the john that says "Pretend you're at the range and aim accordingly" [LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

Today, for the umteenth time, someone left the T-paper holder empty and just put the roll on top of the holder. So...I added another sign today...

"Multi Tasking Seminar will be held in the lunch room at 12:30. Today's topic - How to install T-paper on the paperholder while sitting on the toilet."

I was the only one laughing. People don't have a sense of humor anymore.

13. Tracy

:lol: I'm rolling over that one RightHand! Too funny!!

14. RightHand

With loving memories of my mom on her birthday

Evelyn Judith Dickson
    12/15/1918 - 12/24/2000
    [​IMG]

15. Quigley_Sharps

RH
    Holidays are hard after they leave you, I know, I hope everything finds you well.

16. Quigley_Sharps

Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom
    I cant even begin to understand it, prayers for their family's this holiday season.

17. RightHand

Thanks for your thoughts Quig.

There will always be lingering sadness when we have lose someone we love but remembering a loved one who left us peacefully after a life well lived is so much less painful than if the death was as senseless and grotesque as that of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. I can't even imagine how their families deal with that memory.

I wish for some peace to the hearts of those who loved them, especially during this first Christmas season after they were so savagely taken from this world.

18. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Wanna buy a 87 K5 Blazer minus motor, tranny and transfercase for cheap. I've got too many Blazers and need to get rid of one. That ought to make somebody happy.

19. RightHand

So basically you're saying you have sheet metal for sale???[lolol]

20. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Pretty much, just nice looking sheetmetal with nice interior. Good looking rig just too many projects.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7