This Surprises Nobody

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Gator 45/70, Alanaana and Tempstar like this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Ugh. Distracted driving is the worst.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The guy in the car was drunk and playing on his phone. Not tesla’s fault

Meat, Zimmy, 3cyl and 2 others like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It would seem that Tesla Auto-Pilot enabled vehicles need the same kind of training and driver certification as light aircraft pilots before they are unleashed onto the open road in a Tesla.....passengers would do well to GTFO of a Tesla vehicle in the charge of a drunken mobile 'phone distracted tw@t....they might live just a little longer.

Meat and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I will never surrender control of a car to a computer. Too many variables like children running out from between parked vehicles. If I can't drive I either get an Uber, rent a room, or sleep in my car. I'm usually the designated driver so it hasn't come up since I was young and stupid.

Jerry Fisk, Meat, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  7. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

You'd be surprised how many young kids are ready to have someone/something else drive them. Couple of the young dudes can't wait to be chauffeured to their place up north after work on Friday!

Meat, Seawolf1090, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Can you take a divers license test in a self-driving car on autopilot??? Things I think about. :p

Alanaana, Meat, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good question,,,
    With the lack of common sense, and Brain cells being displayed on a pretty common occurrence amongst these kids coming today ,, that may just be the future for these kids .
    They can't keep their face out of their phones long enough to hold a conversation,, what makes ya think they've got the attention span to drive a car .

Alanaana, CraftyMofo and Meat like this.
  10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Probably requires a 2 diversity category minimum.

Jerry Fisk, SB21 and Meat like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I often wonder if I notice folks in Teslas and Subarus driving like dip$hi+s more than others or is it a bias of mine? A study is needed perhaps.

Alanaana, Seawolf1090 and SB21 like this.
  12. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Seems to me like most Teslas and Subarus are pretty docile. It’s the Ram and Chevy truck drivers that are nuts! Lol. I think you’re right neat, it’s all biases we have.

Alanaana, Seawolf1090, Meat and 2 others like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

You trust your toaster don't you?

OzVegus and Meat like this.
  14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm capable of handling a high performance vehicle well but my Subaru hauls me back and forth to work adequately enough. No excitement at all after all these decades.

Its the Mercedes Suvs that make me crazy. I think they give one to every foreign student when they finish grad school. NO SKILLS, NO DRIVING OR PASSENGER'S EXPERIENCE, NO REGARD FOR OTHERS. They've been raised above the sweaty ignorant masses, after all.

Range Rover drivers seem to be entitled pricks as well, although better drivers.

Seawolf1090, Meat and CraftyMofo like this.
  15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Around these parts too. Always drive aggressively.

Meat likes this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

You can probably get a very lucrative governent grant to "Study The Problem"! :D

Meat likes this.
  17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

When I was in the Buffalo area, driving to work one day, I noticed a LOT of vehicles changing lanes to go around one in the center lane. In that part of the world, right lane is 55+, middle lane 65+, and left lane is for those fans of "ludicrous speed". ;)

I quickly caught up to the poke-along, who was barely maintaining 55 in the center lane (darn near a Cardinal sin!). Left lane was open, so I changed over, and passed them.....and as I passed, I noticed 2 things. First, the car was a Tesla. Second, the woman in the driver's seat was so busy texting, that she never looked up!

Yep, Tesla on autopilot, with (I'm guessing) cruise control set. Congratulations, sweetheart! You're a rolling road hazard!! :mad::rolleyes:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7