There's No "Voting Out" the next Civil War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Friend of mine the other day said "Americans are heading to divorce court, better that we divorce over irreconcilable differences than to let it escalate to domestic abuse and violence." The rifts between Left and Right, between States, between working tax payers and non working tax collectors, between cultures living together in a very forced harmony...... Yeah the rifts are no longer mere rifts but huge chasms that grow wider with each passing day. Sooner or later a tipping point will be reached and the way things are going, I am thinking sooner rather than later. Those tensions will rip the illusion of a civil society to shreds and it will not be a civil war but a all out war between every faction that currently exist in the USA. Chaos and Anarchy for all. This Nation is not heading towards pleasant times at least not from what I see.

SB21, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think we're finally getting to the meat of this. Here are my thoughts and questions...

1. @Salted Weapon is correct, the BIG question is WHAT will the military do? I would also point out that no entity ever won a civil war without, at least, some support of its military. I personally believe that the higher echelons (the Political generals) will indeed support the government while the Operations generals, for want of a better term, would support the rebels. I doubt there would be enough support (more like enough trust) within the military to support a coup which, in my mind, would be the best solution to save lives and the nation...but would it lead to the same political hacks and political generals coming to power? Probably.

2. The scope of such a Civil Disobedience is so massive that I doubt its effect cannot be felt upon our government. Yes, it would be disorganized but consider that disorganization in this case is a strength, not a weakness. There is no head or leaders to kill or incarcerate. There is no supply/logistic line to cut or communication line to interrupt. It comes down to a numbers game. Yes, anytime rebel forces stand and fight they will be destroyed but much like the successful IRA tactics of old, small scale individual cells, will have a HUGE effect on conventional forces...for example, the handful of IRA forces and multiple it by millions, most of which already are well armed - makes one think doesn't it? And, how will the pro-government military react? Will they care about collateral damage and if they do then how effective are those A-10s, Apache Gunships, 155mm Howitzers. etc....and if they don't they push Joe/Josephine Public into the rebels camp. And, the harder they push, using martial law type tactics, the more they lose. It's a lose-lose scenario for them and they know it. Hell, Ireland won its independence in exactly the same manner under more severe disadvantages.

Anyway...sooner or later we'll all have to choose because they will ban semi-auto firearms, if not today then tomorrow, and if that is allowed to go into effect without a major Civil Disobedience so loud and massive that they are forced to step back from it in fear - well - then the future is lost and we become subjects, no longer citizens, for it will indeed be the last thread of restraint to the monster.

1. Ura-Ki
  2. dustintml
  3. fl4848
  4. Cruisin Sloth
  5. phorisc
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. chelloveck
  9. Bishop
    Though you may like this. [MEDIA]