The value of a tractor after shtf

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like that !!!

oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Have two of them along with it's big brother the 140.

oldman11, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I have seriously considering picking one of those up....they run $900-2000 here on Craig's List, with the higher priced ones looking pretty good. Great thing about them is the offset seat....you can cultivate AND see what you're cultivating at the same time.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That look's like you on the tractor,Nice hat !!!

oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Tully Mars

EXACTLY. I set the cultivators and it's no problem keeping things straight and clean. They work great for harvesting spuds as well.
    The one above was $2,000.00 with the cultivators. That's a fair price for around here. If you go this route let me know if you need parts. I have a good source here that is fair on prices, and my uncle knows everything there is to know about these little critters.

oldman11, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  6. TnAndy

Thanks.

They were used a lot around here to cultivate tobacco.....and since most of that is gone, they come up pretty regular for sale.

Jeez.....so many projects, so little time :D

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I would if I was you,As a matter of fact if I see one locally at a decent price I will probably jump on it as well

oldman11, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tully, What model is this one?

oldman11 likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

For those with small gardens of less then 5 acres, those old Bolins are seriously handy little buggers and can be fit with all sorts of garden attachments! These vary considerably on price, depending on the year and power rating as well as any attachments that might come with it! Mine has a big Wisconsin 2 cylinder rated at 24 HP, which is serious for its size, but it runs a 5 reel gang mower like it was nothing! Nice bonus is most also have an actuall alternator which opens up the possibilities for usefulness!

10. TnAndy

Here's one on CL Marion, VA......looks like a show tractor: $2880 and probably worth every penny. Open the ad just to see what all has been done to it !
    [​IMG]

Farmall cub

11. Tully Mars

1946 Ih Super A

Ura-Ki, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Found one locally,Dudes asking 3900.00,I think I can poor mouth him a little bit.

farmall.

farmall1.

farmall2.

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Tully Mars

Andy,
    They make great lawn mowers but will lack the power for what you want to do I'm guessing. I don't really know, but from some of the pics you've posted I suspect you have a good sized garden. Doubt you'd be happy with the cub in the long run. Nice restore and a good price though.

duane, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Tully Mars

That's an AV and yeah .pour mouth him and snag the attachments!!

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have a super a that day bought last year that I will be putting up for sale. I already have two farmall cubs that I use. I paid too much for the super a,$3000.00,but will sell for 2500. I would like to fine someone who wanted it and guns they would trade. I have a middle buster,and some cultivators. Motor runs good,good almost new tires.i bought it and never did anything with it so I could not tell you anything about it,all I know the motor runs good.

techsar, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Any one in or around Oregon would be well served to attend The Great North West Steam up and power fest in Brooks Or, there is a SERIOUS swap meet and always awesome deals on tractors, attachments, tools, and countless things you didnt know existed it even knew you needed! My Brother scored a perfect running IHC crawler cat for $2000 and the seller delivered it at no charge! I have scored Hydro Winches and many other super slick deals! SERIOUSLY worth the trip, and a really fun weekend too!

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Attachments are included

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hang on, Got a few pictures? Pay no attention to the other members on here...lol

20. "Most especially for you" Interesting statement.... I'm 56, Built 2 homes in my life, the first one in KY, small 5 acre farm. Where me and the wife tried to be self supporting with a permaculture system for about 9 years. Learned a lot from it. also learned there is a lot more to learn. Did not own a tractor, what I did have was an old WW2 jeep that had a PTO, That I got from my grandpa. That had the back bumper reworked, So I could use some farm equipment with it. Built the house myself when working full time. Took about a year and a half. The 2 of us living in a small scotty trailer, till it was done. I even Hand drove the shallow well myself to save money. I was 18 when I got married and bought the land. Did not know squat about building, electrical, plumbing, or well drilling. But I had a library card and enough sense to use it. So with my books, very little money and a new wife. I did what I had to do. I learned how to build, I made mistakes! But I learned from those too. I gave everything to the wife when we divorced. 2nd house was in Fla. just a 1 BR and bath for myself. Very comfortable till Hurricane Andrew came though and decided I didn't need it any longer. Luckily I had enough sense to pack up my truck with anything I might need in the 2 days before it hit. So was sitting in a campground up in GA. Also luckily there was a lot of construction work afterwards. I was a lot better off then most who lost everything. Then visiting a friend in MI. Fell in love and moved here. Got married and had 2 wonderful kids. ( ok, Son IS just as hard headed as his father.) We grew our own food, planted some fruit trees, ect. I worked construction, Wife worked 3rd shift as a RN an was an herbalist. Its how I started learning that. I got into leatherworking as a hobby. I trapped a little, hunted, fished, and even tried my hand at taxidermy. When my son was born, I went back to school at the vo - tech here part time in Allegan. Took Computer Programming and 2 years Accounting. I also started collecting my electronic Library back then. I understood both the value and the need for preserving old technology and knowledge. And for a time was even a member of the Michigan Militia. I started the Allegan county chapter. Everything went to hell when I had to bury my second wife. The kids were still young, And I was just starting to learn how to be a father. Being a single parent isn't easy for anyone. The next few years are abit murky, and screwed up. But we survived. And my children turned out better then me. And that's all I ever wanted. I got married to my present wife about 3 months before my son left home to join the army. Was doing tower work for West Michigan Wireless at the time. Had a major heart attack at the top of a 200 ft. tower. Took the rescue workers almost an hour to get me down.. I almost didn't make it then. and almost did not make it on the operating table. Now I am disabled and not going to get any better. I will be the first to admit that NOTHING beats actual experience. But to gain that experience one needs knowledge and the will to put it to use first! In order to learn it. And If a true SHTF event or major cataclysm was to happen? No one will likely have all the skills they need. And may not have access to someone who does have the skills. That has always been the purpose of my library. I may not be able to do much physically now, But I have always been good at finding and researching information. And I find great joy in doing it. And if I can share my library, Give others useful ideas, help others learn new skills? Then I feel I am doing something that still has worth. Maybe you understand what I am saying, and even agree. Maybe you don't understand or care. Matters not. I am here to help as I can, Those who want it. Those who don't? Ignore me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7